It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Door Mine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
i seem to remember an older post that was similiar. but the steel door had a hole in it,though they couldnt see into it. anyone remember this? i think there was a link to a google earth pic

i'm the one who posted that! I even put in the coordinates to that location! It was on the outskirts to Moab Utah

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
thats the one i was thinkin of

thanks a ton

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
the first question i have is why do these " mysterious " places only get talked about on ATS and other fringe sites - where no one ever gives a precise location - only vague generalities

if such a site existed - why havnt groups like this explored and surveyed it ?

mine exploration is a serious hobby - i am involved with a UK group website

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
WHOA!!! Don't go to the Iron Door Mine!!!!

My Grandpa said his friend went to the "mine" a few years ago, he couldn't get in so he went home.

When he got home, his wife was missing and all his stuff, furniture appliances, and the like were missing. Later he died mysteriously.

Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, it seems to me like it's a death trap! But just so you know, it's in Arizona, and you kind find near one of the highways, there is a huge stone 50 feet away from the road with a huge arrow carved into it, the arrow points toward the mine.

There you go, but I'm not going!

lol noob

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
An Ironwood door covering a lost mine is part of the tale of "The Lost Dutchman's Mine" which is to be located in the Superstition mountains of Arizona.

Not sure if this is the one that is meant by the OP but having been involved in much research pertaining to the Superstitions and their secrets it rung a bell.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
i always give coordinates to my discoveries... why hasnt the OP choosen to provide any directions to verify his story??

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
i always give coordinates to my discoveries... why hasnt the OP choosen to provide any directions to verify his story??

Putting all my money on the fact that he fabricated the story, we found out he stole the story from a book/movie/myth, and he fled.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
i AM APPLYING ANONYMOUS BUT YOU CAN CONTACT ME FOR MORRE INFO ANYTIME. I have the history of the iron door mine at my finger tips. I live 10 miles from the actual mine!!!!NO JOKE HERE! I wont tell you where it is or on what land it resides but I will answer any questions of this mine you would like answered as I am in the process of digging it up this week to find a wall of gold and silver along with guns that were sealed and burried in case of spanish invasion back in the day. I know lots about this mine and the history of why and where email me at [email protected] asap and i will give you pics and inside of our diggs. I am a real person this isnt a joke I am NOT pulling your chain or waisting your time here. email me and i will make your day

thaks

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Every other steel mining artifact in shaft would turn to dust upon contact yet, this door was totally solid.

Stainless steel will not rust where other types of steel will. It all depends on how much iron is in it and whether it has some elements that prevent rust such as Stainless steel does. Basic steel can rust rather fast under the right conditions.

In today’s world where everyone has a camera and a GPS at least in their phone it amazes me that people will post a story and have no means to document it with pictures or provide the lat/long of the place.

So why post at all.....hehe

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i remember a story similar to this about a cave in arkansas. supposedly jesse james and his gang robbed a train that was full of gold. they had no way of moving the entire lot so they tore a door off the train and mounted it in the cave to protect the loot. i read about a man and his son walking home thru the mountains of south arkansas. they decided to take a shortcut and ended up getting lost. while lost they ran cross the cave with the iron door but didn't have to means to open it. when they tried to find it later they couldn't locate it. As for any similar caves like this in the southwest, i'd say careful what you get into, someone could have harmful waste stored deep in old mines with a door to keep any potential adventure seekers from being harmed and reporting it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join