It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Door Mine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of the Iron Door Mine? I have a "source" that has told me about it. If you have read any of my other topic(s) you know that my... relative, has a lot of "inside" info. I'm going to refer to that relative as "Source1" from now on.

Anyway, Source1 tells me often about a place called Iron Door Mine, his friend found it in a mountain... somewhere. I'll ask him exactly where so some of you can look at it yourself. Anyway, the when you get to the mountain, there is one cave, one single entrance to the inner workings of the cave. You go into this cave, and after a lot of trials, including pits and gushing water, you come to the end, and you are now standing in front of a massive Iron Door.

The Iron Door is one single piece, it has strange markings on it, and according to scientists that have seen the place, they estimate that the door is at least 3 meters thick. The only way it could be placed there, is if it was "beamed" in, or if it was built from on the other side.

According to Source1, the mountain is dead silence, and your deep gut feeling (if you have one) would be going berserk. Source1 also tells me that there is now plant life or animal life in the area, and UFO's are frequently seen flying around the area.

I'll post back when I find out exactly where it's at.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If it is in Arizona I am up for a field trip!! When you are talking lost mines, you are talking my language.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
www.treasurenet.com/forum/shipwrecks/archives/treasurehunting/ 20010624/messages/1008668.shtml
www.treasurenet.com/forum/photos/ messages/1064994.shtml
is this it ?

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
sounds very interesting a bit strange to hmmm i might have to do some research

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In the world of treasure seekers ( a pretty gullible crowd ), Iron Door mines are a "just walk away" story.

This Iron Door mine gets around as much as the:

Corvette the owner died in, can't get the smell out ( Michigan )

'57 Chevy the owner died in, can't get the smell out ( Minnesota )

Ford F250 the owner died in, can't get the smell out ( Mississippi )

'32 Ford the owner died in, can't get the smell out ( Georgia, 1938, oldest known version of the story )

Got to ring the bogus bell on this tale.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
WHOA!!! Don't go to the Iron Door Mine!!!!

My Grandpa said his friend went to the "mine" a few years ago, he couldn't get in so he went home.

When he got home, his wife was missing and all his stuff, furniture appliances, and the like were missing. Later he died mysteriously.

Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up, it seems to me like it's a death trap! But just so you know, it's in Arizona, and you kind find near one of the highways, there is a huge stone 50 feet away from the road with a huge arrow carved into it, the arrow points toward the mine.

There you go, but I'm not going!

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
eagle: Your theatrics amuse me.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This would make one fun trip I'd have to say, if it's for real or not. This is the first I'v heard about it. I'll have to read a little more on it. Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Or instead I'll go hiking in my back yard might have a better chance of finding it>

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I just saw an episode of The Outer Limits with that eaxct same plot.....There was a spaceship behind a big iron door in some cave out in the middle of nowhere...get a grip guys

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hey Eagle
where exactly is this "iron door mine?" It can't be the real iron door mine of legend, because that was a lost mine. In any case, how do we get there? come on dude. if you can link to a terraserver.com map of the area, or something like that, that would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are alot of derelict mines here in Utah. My friends and I othen explore them. Once, while just outside of Goblin Valley we explored such a mine. It went forever. After descending down through the shaft for well over an hour, we came to what appeared to be a steel or iron door. I would say it was about 9 foot tall by 7 foot wide and, it was in fairly good shape. Every other steel mining artifact in shaft would turn to dust upon contact yet, this door was totally solid. No rust or corrosion. We spent a short while trying to figure out how it opened, to no avail. We pried at it for awhile then, headed back to the surface. I've been back to that same site twice and the door is still there, in seemingly perfect condition. Do you think it might be related?

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here are some good lost mine websites with well researched data.

KRYDER EXPLORATION

ANCIENT LOST TREASURES

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eagle

My name is Robert Kryder of KRYDER EXPORATION LLC. I can tell you from personal experience, iron doors, either covering entrances or with'n the mine/cave itself is not all that uncommon. The well known Steve Shafer found his loot inside an old mine behind an iron door. We are now working a site where maps were discovered that tell of a mine with two iron doors... Its the size and possible historical context that is interesting in both the featured stories posted here. The 7 x 9 door in UTAH is of great interest to our research, please contact us if its a real find. The history of these large doors can far pre-date the Colonial Spanish mining efforts. With the dates of some of these pushing 800bc! Be careful, the dangers are as real as the doors! If anyone would like help with their investigation or wants something like this investigated by a professional, discrete and reliable team, contact us. Our main interest if discovering hidden truths of historical context. We specialize in the study of advanced ancient cultures, the historical enigmas, ancient mining etc... We help develop, have and use the latest technologies and offer complete subsurface imaging services. www.kryderexploration.com
Robert Kryder Obe-Rob_Kryder

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i seem to remember an older post that was similiar. but the steel door had a hole in it,though they couldnt see into it. anyone remember this? i think there was a link to a google earth pic

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
i seem to remember an older post that was similiar. but the steel door had a hole in it,though they couldnt see into it. anyone remember this? i think there was a link to a google earth pic

I remember this. It was out in Area 51 territory, had a hole from a plasma burner or something...the guy looked inside, saw some old rusted barrels and what looked like Christmas lights put up in a spiderweb configuration.

Not related to the above, but are there any sites that specialize in posting abandon mines or really interesting places (NOT tourist places...places that require some intense hiking) by state? I'm looking for some interesting place(s) to visit over Christmas break in Pennsylvania.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
... the hills have eyes ...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
There are alot of derelict mines here in Utah. My friends and I othen explore them. Once, while just outside of Goblin Valley we explored such a mine. It went forever. After descending down through the shaft for well over an hour, we came to what appeared to be a steel or iron door. I would say it was about 9 foot tall by 7 foot wide and, it was in fairly good shape. Every other steel mining artifact in shaft would turn to dust upon contact yet, this door was totally solid. No rust or corrosion. We spent a short while trying to figure out how it opened, to no avail. We pried at it for awhile then, headed back to the surface. I've been back to that same site twice and the door is still there, in seemingly perfect condition. Do you think it might be related?

can you give coordinates to this location? I would LOVE to visit. U2 me if possible... i'm constantly exploring different places in Utah and this one sounds fantastic if true!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join