It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying car or UFO caught on Google Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
its a sign denoting what the building is. it looks just like the thick business signs you see in front of the industrial complexes. look at the area around it....it's been specifically cleared for the sign. the sun is behind it, which is causing the shadow. if you look very carefully at the cars in the parking lot, you can see the small shadows from their low profiles on the same side as the high profile shadow from the sign.

what in the world makes the guy who supposedly evaluated this picture think that the sign is moving 80 knots? there is nothing to even hint the idea of speed. if that were the case, and it truelly were 4 meters off the ground, its either about to hit some trees, or miraculously materialized from said trees, depending upon which direction it supposedly is travelling

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think it's a sign with a car mounted on top. I've seen several before, but the Satelite image is not high resolution enough for me to provide those as examples. An autbody shop near me has an old car on a pole as it's sign, I know of a boat rental store that has a boat suspended on a pole for it's sign.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Its John Titor and his Time Traveling car

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Actually, it would be JT's box.
The cars could never time travel without the machine in the box.
LoL

anyways, right on the register, there is a link to the investigation...

www.theregister.co.uk...

including pictures of the area to show that nothing is currently there.
As to what that actually is/was.....no idea.

-DT

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
take a real good close look at that picture DT. once you correlate all the landmarks you'll realize that the picture you posted is from the field at the top of the original picture. look at where the road starts to curve, look at where the southern parking lot is and how it is set up. then look at the trees between the two parking lots that arent on the original photo. then look at the shape of the field itself.

they intentionally took the picture from the northern most field. these guys are having everyone on!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I just looked at the picture again. If you look really carefully then you will see it is a structure. Like a water tank (as someone said before) held up on poles and that is the shadow its casting underneath it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
hmmm.....if the car was actually flying dont u think the shadow of the car would be bigger than the actual car since its at a higher altitude?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big_BIRD
hmmm.....if the car was actually flying dont u think the shadow of the car would be bigger than the actual car since its at a higher altitude?

You might not notice the difference if its only like 10 foot from the ground

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To be honest, I have spent the last 2 days looking through pictures of Point Walter and Honour Av and EVERYTHING to see if I could see a structure anywhere near this because I'm a huge dork and have nothing to do.
lol.
Anyways, I have scoured maps of Bicton, golf courses, Perth, the Swan River, Point Walter Reserve and whatever the heck else I could think of.

And I got nothing. Zip.

It's not a sign, and I'll tell you why I think so....

Take a look at this road map :
(Yes, I know it's a map of public toilets in the area....lol. but it was the only good one out there)

www.toiletmap.gov.au...

One road in right? The left branch of Honour Av. (Notice they don't connect, there is a roundabout to turn around at the end.)

well, if you were coming from that direction, the sign would be pointing the wrong way. You'd never see it until you passed it.

(On a side note, I have a friend with family and friends in aussie, so I'm trying to get ahold of her to see if I can make someone drive there and take some pics for me....)

-DT

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
To be honest, I have spent the last 2 days looking through pictures of Point Walter and Honour Av and EVERYTHING to see if I could see a structure anywhere near this because I'm a huge dork and have nothing to do.
lol.
Anyways, I have scoured maps of Bicton, golf courses, Perth, the Swan River, Point Walter Reserve and whatever the heck else I could think of.

And I got nothing. Zip.

It's not a sign, and I'll tell you why I think so....

Take a look at this road map :
(Yes, I know it's a map of public toilets in the area....lol. but it was the only good one out there)

www.toiletmap.gov.au...

One road in right? The left branch of Honour Av. (Notice they don't connect, there is a roundabout to turn around at the end.)

well, if you were coming from that direction, the sign would be pointing the wrong way. You'd never see it until you passed it.

(On a side note, I have a friend with family and friends in aussie, so I'm trying to get ahold of her to see if I can make someone drive there and take some pics for me....)

-DT

well if thats the case im back on my good old opinion; a white car parked next to a black car.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
upon further analysis using google earth and online maps of perth, as well as the pictures from the site in question, i retract my previous comments.

it definitely is not a sign. but neither is it moving. whatever it is, its casting the exact same shadow from the exact same angle as every other object on the image. it almost looks like one of those miniature rv's that look like vans with enlarged camper tops, like this one:

rvdirect.com

the square on the top would be the air conditioner. anyway, thats my take on it.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
DT- do you know if there are any bus routes in that area? I ask because originally I suggested a bus stop shelter.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's a lemonade stand

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sure are,
There are stops at the golf course, point walter and the jettie.

www.transperth.wa.gov.au...

though it's at a wierd angle to be a bus stop.

I just went through 8 pages of austrailian bus stops and the only one I could find that had a roof was this one :

Though this bus stop was built by volenteers. (They also do planting and all sorts of stuff to help the communities over there)

-DT

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That was a fast search, here's some more from aussie, you'll also notice that they are parallel to the road in all of them.

this last one is specifically western Australia.

-DT

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
if you look at the pictures of the original site, unless they are older than the google pics (which doesnt appear to be the case), they show a field with nothing on it. it has to be something portable, like the rv i posted, or the lemonade stand (or hotdog stand) that was mentioned earlier. cant be a bus stop, and as DT mentioned, why would a bus stop be at an angle to the road instead of parallel to it?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hmm i have no idea what that is but I think its safe to rule out the car parked next to a car theory. The shadow cast is being cast from the white object. I blew up the object so you could get a better view.

Even with the pixelation you can notice the same contour of both objects.
Cheers!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You can see the poles holdin the structure up! lol. On the website it says they have calculated it as going 80 knots. How the hell can they work that out? What a load of b******s!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah it's a lemonade booth or hot dog stand

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks DT. In my original post I was troubled by the angle. Haven't seen any shelters in the states at an angle but it doesn't mean its not possible.
Soooo, next suggestion.......the car from Back To The Future?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join