It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another cancer cure we will never see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I found a link on a mushroom they just found that is curing and preventing cancer in lab testing. LINK How many cures will they find before they acually start saving lives by killing cancer cells in humans or even just preventing cancer all together. What am I thinking though stupid me their is not any money in a cure or prevention.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We might get to see it... Or at least a laboratory extracted version of it. I went to PubMed
and entered the mushroom name (Agaricus Blazei Murrill), and got summaries of 11 different studies.
To run your own search, click the PubMed link and enter the mushroom name. You'll get a list of abstracts. You can search deeper and find the exact components of the fungus, if it's been listed. I haven't checked yet, so it might not have been broken down yet.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As stated there is no money in curing a disease, it's all in treatment.

I'm going through chemo for non small cell lung cancer now and the prices of the drugs are skyhigh. The cost of treatment with carboplatin and taxol, which I'm using, was over $49,000 3 years ago. I get injections with Neulasta which helps restore white blood cells. The shots are $2500 per injection. I have medicine for nausea called Zofran. They are $500 for 12 tablets.

I'm just concerned that there may be other treatments that are just as or more effective than chemo but they're put aside because they don't generate as much money for the Doctors and pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I wonder if it's possible to get a spore print from one of these mushrooms? I know a few people that could really use it.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The only people who find these cures are people who are doing it for the wealth and fame. The people who want to help people for the sake of helping people sadly get no where fast. I wish i found a cure to cancer i would give it away

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It is entirely likely that another country will pick up on the research and make a drug based off of it. Just because it wouldn't happen in America doesn't mean it wouldn't happen elsewhere.

-P

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I was doing a little searching yesterday, there are some vitamin/herb companies that have been selling this mushroom in capsules for four years. I wonder why I never heard about it before?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I saw a documentary once about cancer free area's of the world.

I don't remember where, but there was a place that never has cancer, or at least known to. They ate lots of peaches and made four out of the pits.

There were also reports that Graviola is a strong anti-cancer, but is only found in the Amazon.

new topics

top topics

join