It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamasstan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I feel Isreal is really getting the shaft!

They back out of Gaza, pull up the homes, kick out the settelers and give the land back to the Palistine people and what do they get in return.

Bombs, Missiles, roits, killings.

It's pretty clear, Isreal will have to reclaim all of the land given to Palistine in order to provide security to her people.

And I don't blame Isreal if they do !

Israel's New Danger: Gaza as 'Hamas-stan'

January 23, 2006
By Martin Walker, UPI Editor
Washington Times

washtimes.com...

The Gaza Strip since the Israeli withdrawal last summer has "turned into Hamas-stan and al-Qaida-stan," Israel's recently retired military chief General Moshe Ya'alon claimed Monday.

The violence and chaos in Gaza and its use as a launching pad for repeated rocket attacks was an ominous lesson that meant that Israel could not afford to proceed with the proposed unilateral withdrawal from the West Bank, Ya'alon went on. Gaza was now in a state of anarchy and was wide open to terrorists who sought to use it as a launch pad for attacks on Israel.

Israel would need "defensible borders" that would have to include the ability to control the crossing of the River Jordan and all other access points to any future Palestinian state on the West Bank, Ya'alon told the annual Herzliya security conference. Ya'alon spoke after former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, who said that Israeli settlements on the West Bank were "illegal" under international law and claimed that some settlers sought to justify "the sustained subjugation of the Palestinians."

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Oh what a mess we have over there.

It probably will not end until one side has completely annihilated the other. It will probably start back up after a hundred years after that.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some Palestinians also took a bulldozer and knocked down a portion of the wall on the Egyptian border and ended up killing 2 Egyptian Policemen. Kinda sad really, gives me the impression that some of these people dont care who they kill. I know death and destruction is a daily part of life in Gaza and the West Bank, but its no excuse for any of this behavior. Cant say I didnt see it coming, that the Palestinians would take it as a sign of weakness and not goodwill.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If the bloody settlers hadn't stolen the land other people have lived on for generations, then they wouldn't be having the problems they are now.
Talking of some divine right to the land is pure bunk and has no place in the legal world so should be ignored from the outset.
Even having palestinian neighbours is reason enough for some to poison wells and animals, destroy olive groves belonging to Palestinians and take part in the odd beating or murder.
This is the reality. If someone came along and tried to force you off your property claiming some divine righ to it, would you meekly walk away with their clubs at your back or would you fight?

Most of these settlers have no ethnic claim to the land anyway. If I converted to Judaism and moved to Israel then I too would be allowed to displace some other poor bugger.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
If the bloody settlers hadn't stolen the land other people have lived on for generations, then they wouldn't be having the problems they are now.
Talking of some divine right to the land is pure bunk and has no place in the legal world so should be ignored from the outset.
Even having palestinian neighbours is reason enough for some to poison wells and animals, destroy olive groves belonging to Palestinians and take part in the odd beating or murder.
This is the reality. If someone came along and tried to force you off your property claiming some divine righ to it, would you meekly walk away with their clubs at your back or would you fight?

Most of these settlers have no ethnic claim to the land anyway. If I converted to Judaism and moved to Israel then I too would be allowed to displace some other poor bugger.

I am not the most versed on Isreal / Palistine politics, but the way I understand the situation is that Isreal beat back the Arabs during the last confict in the 70's and this land was taken as spoils from war and this is why the settlers were in Gaza.

We here in the States have a similar situation in common with the Palistine People, it's called (Eminent domain), I think I spelled it right?

It's were a local or state government can take your property for fair market value to build a road or a stripmall and such, what ever makes more tax dollars for the community is what rules now days. You could have owned the property for generations and if they want to build a road or business you are screwed.

new topics

top topics

join