It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Seen A UFO???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Since we are sharing, so far i have seen things in the sky that i couldn't identify as a satilte, plane, ballon (of all types), etc. I saw these objects twice at night and 3 times at daytime... the night time was in Kuwait, the daytime was in Canada. I am a stargazer, so at night i can tell the diffrence between a satilte passing by or a plane/ holicopter...
Thats why i believe in UFOs.Times New Roman

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have only seen one strange object, it was in '04 but it was triangular. And I have realized that aliens would not need to build there vessels in that shape. They woudn't need to penetrate through the air as much as we do since they would be in space majority of the time.

I do believe that what I saw was human made, though it had no sound, that could be explained because of how high it was. I think it could have been one of many concept projects that have taken the next step in flight testing. Either it was the Mcdonel Douglas NASP, the X-30 National Aerospace Plane (NASP), the X-30 National Aerospace Plane (NASP).

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I saw a pretty spectacular one in Sweden that consisted of 16 lights. Maybe it was 4 crafts or one craft alone, I got no idea. The lights were yellow and strong. There were no blinking lights. The craft/s was/were totally silent and it moved very smooth. I've added my report to ufoevidence.org. The external reference below is similar to my sighting. I really regret that I didn't take a camera with me but I was kinda young back during those days. I really hope that I may see another craft in the future.

PENN VALLEY -- At 6:15 PM the power went out at the observer?s house that is located in the foothills around a lake. About 7 PM, he went outside and the wind was gusting to 60 mph+ when he saw an almost rectangular extremely large craft. It was slightly more narrow in the front. It was about half a football field or 150 feet long. A small box (6"x6") at arm?s length wouldn?t have covered the entire craft. It had four circular dim ambers/yellow lights on each corner of the craft that appeared to emit some sort of haze that had an amber color. It moved very slowly. Taking several seconds to come into complete view as it passed directly over my house. One look at it and I knew it wasn?t normal. There were no wings, no blinking aircraft lights, and it was absolutely quiet.

www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 2006-7-30 by bracke]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
My only "sighting" of one UFO was like this during the summer of 2004:

My younger brother and I usually play basketball at night to avoid the scorching heat of summer. Everytime after playing, we lie down the open basketball court as we look straight up the sky to relax. One night, it was a clear sky with many stars visible. As we we're talking about something. I suddenly saw something small moving in the sky and as far as I knew it was a "falling star". I immediately pointed out the "star" to my brother and he saw it quickly. We we're enjoying the "star" until we saw it move unusually.
We knew that "falling stars" move straight, isn't it? Correct me if I was wrong. But the "star" we saw that night moved straight but SUDDENLY IT CHANGED IT'S DIRECTION! It was moving straight going to the west and then moved straight towards the north where it disappeared. We we're staring at the "star" about three minutes until it disappeared in the open sky.
I am convinced that it was something extraterrestrial we saw that night.

Toc

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I had a UFO sighting on a fishing trip not far from James Bay in Canada.
It was in 2001 i believe. I was with my wife and my 2 brothers there.

My wife and I were looking up in the sky, which was crystal clear.(It's nice to go out of town and see what we miss

We saw a few satellites running by a few times before we noticed a much brighter spot which we pointed out. Then that thing did some very strange moves like a U on the side before vanishing. The sharp turns and the speed that thing had was just out of this world.

At that point, I was not doing any UFO research and just moved on and never thought about it except when i started doing my work in June and recalled the event with my wife...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yes, i have seen UFOs twice, one where very close, and both i have seen was completely white, one was seen at the night and another at dawn!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VincentValentine

We knew that "falling stars" move straight, isn't it? Correct me if I was wrong. But the "star" we saw that night moved straight but SUDDENLY IT CHANGED IT'S DIRECTION! It was moving straight going to the west and then moved straight towards the north where it disappeared. We we're staring at the "star" about three minutes until it disappeared in the open sky.
I am convinced that it was something extraterrestrial we saw that night.

i would have to see something similar to this really feel like it was ET. slow moving lights or stationary ones seem to easy to explain away.

i remember seeing footage a while back similar to this. it was at a highschool football game or something similar.anyone see this as well?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Have seen 2 UFOs in the past two nights (Aug. 5 & 6.). Both sightings were made at roughly 2 AM; from the same location in Ithaca, NY.

At roughly 2 AM on August 5; I was watching a bit of a meteor shower when out of the corner of my eye I saw what appeared to be a star meandering across the sky. I didn't think too much of it until I saw two other "stars" moving in unison with the other; forming an equilateral triangle. I watched this triangle move just east of due north through the night sky for 1-2 minutes before it was out of sight.

Here is what confounds me about this sighting. I was not able to make out the altitude; but this craft or crafts were completely silent. This rules out it being a lowflying commercial jet (I live within 3 miles of an airport). And if this was a lone craft more than 3,000 feet off the ground - it was GIGANTIC. And perhaps it was 3 planes flying in formation - given the distance of the lights and the altitude they would have had to be at it to be inaudible; these planes were farther apart than in any formation I've ever seen. Nothing makes sense to me about this. Whatever this was produced no contrails; it was a clear night. Nothing else alarming that night in terms of aircraft - just the standard air traffic from what I could tell.

At roughly the same time on August 6th; I went outside again. After about 20 minutes of seemingly nothing; I noticed that an apparent plane I had watched move from about 75 degrees above the eastern horizon to about 25 degrees (moving due east) was still in my field of view. At this point it stopped and hovered in the same position for the better part of a minute. Then I watched it dip erratically behind the trees; and then shoot back up above the branches into my field of sight. In terms of light; it was quite bright; changing from white to red and sometimes blue. I watched this for about 15 minutes before going inside to get my sister; who was skeptical until we both watched it yet again disappear behind the trees & come back out from behind them 30 seconds later.

After 45 minutes of watching in amazement; the object was still hanging out in the same area (never moving from a radius no bigger than the sun's). Just hovering; moving in circles now and then. Binoculars were almost no help; meaning this object had to be at an appreciable distance. After nearly an hour and a half we called it a night with the object STILL in the sky.

2 nights in a row - and prior to this I have NEVER seen anything remotely unexplainable (and I watch the night sky frequently). What are the odds?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I can recall two accounts where I would consider what I saw a ufo...The first one in Texas involved me and a few others, star-gazing one night in the backyard when we witnessed an amber light appear, move in a circular path, almost like a spiral and then disappear. The second one was kinda weird too, this one occured in Washington state. It was six bright green lights flying at a high altitude, all lined up horizontally to each other, and this was very late at night. Anyway it was also cloudy that night so I lost them.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Posted originally in aother thread but was suggested re-direct here:

Thanks for providing a forum to get this off my chest...

I do NOT wish to make any 'official' reports, just pass on my experience to others who may be interested:

I saw what I believe was probably an experimental military aircraft of some sort - a UFO (since it was flying and I couldn't identify it), but not necessarily alien or anything like that. Pre-Apologies for missing some of the details below.

Side note: I am an amateur astronomer and a licensed pilot and someone who has worked around aircraft (and the night sky) for decades. This was nothing like I've ever seen. Thus:

A couple of summers ago I was at a campground (Serrano) with family on the north shore of Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino mountains of Southern California.

In the middle of the night, about 1-2am, my two dogs started whimpering. Thinking they just needed 'relief', I grudgingly opened my tent and walked out into a clearing with them. Acting kind of strange they both looked up and to the East. When I looked up to see what they were staring at, all I saw was a beautiful star-filled sky (no moon).

Quite suddenly and unexpectedly a dark, traingular shaped object appeared from the northeast and travelled at incredible speed from east to west. It made not even the slightest sound - absolutely silent - both approaching and receding. It had no lights of any sort, certainly none of the typical aircraft lights I'm accustomed to. I also distinctly remember that it seemed to be wrapped in a sort of shimmering envelope - kind of like the wavy, transparent mirage you see above hot pavement in the desert. What I thought especially perplexing was that this wavy envelope was even IN FRONT of the craft - something that seemd illogical to me (as opposed to say sound waves or disturbed air behind the craft). There was no contrail/vapor trail, exhaust, or any other trace of it's passing. I saw no burners or engine. I'm not even sure of it's shape - I only say triangular because in the few seconds I saw it that was the only shape that I related with at the time.

Since I was already standing at about 6,500' elev, I estimate the craft was flying at somewhere between 10-15,000' and perhaps a few miles north of my position. It seemd to be about the size of a tyical aircraft (not especially large), though my visual judgement may be substantially in error in this regard.

My guess is that this was some type of LMT 'black project' craft out of Edwards AFB which is about 50 miles to the northwest. - though, of course, I have no way to substantiate any of that. My assumption is based only on snippets I get from the aviation trade journals and such. Anyway;

As I stood there in my underwear shaking and stunned, My mind raced to compare what I saw to anything in my experience and, well, you've heard the rest. No running or nav lights of any sort, pitch black, surrounded by a weird shimmering envelope, absolutely silent, and by far the fastest moving object I've ever seen - I can't imagine anything moving that quickly from horizon to horizon - and I've seen a lot of airplanes - from strike fighters to commercial and a few odd ones at e.g., the EAA, etc. This was definately different, and certainly NOT following a whole bunch of the 'rules' I was used to regarding aircraft operations.

Me and the dogs went back to bed in the tent, and the next morning, still shaken, I relayed the encounter to a few folks. The reply was a collective strange looks, a general sighing and a bunch of "whatever"s. I pretty much kept silent about it after that - but am glad I've found someplace to let it 'air out'.

Thanks, all.. G'night...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Early that day, May 10, 06 I was talking out loud about if the aliens really wanted to they could show themselves if they wanted... its their fault! ...blah..blah..blah... then I went into town and my storage had a snake in it when we rolled up the door. A glossy snake and I was like how did that get there is this common? Asked the manager and he said no, my report was the first one. Some Indian gal i've never seen before who worked there came and got the snake. Then later that night the ufo sighting. I felt funny about that snake all day -- it felt placed. I had a funny feeling about it like someone sent their calling card.

That very night on May 10th 06 big black triangle was floating over the house. Son and Husband saw it and had to wake me up to come out and see it. A fighter jet had been circling over the home for over 3 hours. We thought a bunch of planes were up there, but when it got dark son went to look and found it was this one single jet . Then he saw it. Large Black Triangle 3 lights flashing white and red. it looked and felt like a silent DEATH STAR on a sci-fi show. After we all came out and saw it then it left. And the jet making all the noise left too in the other direction.

other sighting years ago.
I just had to go out to the park. Went with hubby saw a silver disc in sky. Got real giddy and happy about it, felt high like, though, I've never done drugs. Couldn't stop laughing and it just hung there like 15 minutes or something.

Other sighting something was wrong with the moon. Don't remember it too well but kid thought so too.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I've seen swamp gasssssss...........

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Sun Matrix]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The following link is to one of my recent threads in which I sighted a UFO. It is the first and only time i've ever seen one. Sadly I haven't spent much time observing the night skys, and I also live in a forested area where the sky is perfectly viewable.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Crisis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fixed link

[edit on 8/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i've had two sightings. one was on vacation some years back with my family. we were heading to yellowstone national park from los angeles, taking the "Scenic" route through as many other national parks and such as possible.

it was probly somewhere between 9 and 10 PM on a pretty clear night, and i was bored sitting in the car as we rode along the highway, and so i started to stare out the window. i noticed three stars in a pretty perfect looking triangle formation, that i had never noticed before, which struck me as odd since i usually sat in my backyard and stared into the sky via my eye and my telescope on a fairly regular basis. as i watched the "Stars", the top one, which was the "peak" of the triangle, shifted down to a spot directly between the bottom two, forming a horizontal line. the bottom two then rotated so the line became vertical, and then they formed an inverted triangle, and so on, forming quite a number of geometric patterns, until they were in their original positions of a triangle, and then the top one slowly faded away. the other two moved about a few times, and then the second one faded. after that the remaining "star" flew away quickly to the left(i can't remember which direction it went as i can't remember which state we were in or whether we were goin to or coming back from yellowstone).

the "stars" were visible for a good amount of time, probly 10-15 minutes total, before the last one sped off.

the other was in my own backyard, with my stepdad. pretty far up in the sky, we saw what looked like a round object fly in from the west, stop in mid air, turn 90 degrees, and zip off north very quickly. no sound heard, i don't recall lights on it. at the time i lived not to far from burbank airport, which was where one of the companies that designed the testplanes for project "Have blue", which later became the f-117a nighthawk, flies out of, and if i recall, the Have blue models were flown from burbank to area 51 for testing. So, it's entirely possible i witnessed new aircraft action, but since this was over 7 years ago, and i haven't seen a similar craft in use by the military, i doubt it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thought i would join up just to share this with you.
About 7 years ago on a very clear star filled frosty night in December i was looking up in wonder at just how many stars you could see.
I noticed seven red eye shaped objects moving west to east.They were organised in an inverted "V" formation. They looked like a red light seen through a black gauze or lights seen through the raindrops on a wet windscreen, if i hold my thumbs and forefingers together tightly and look at a light through the tiny hole i can get the same effect. They were quite big and not a smooth oval , more edgy and sharp.They travelled along at a fast but no where near supersonic speed and silently over head. They seemed to be moving in unison along a wave like movement, however , you could see they were separate items , the stars being clearly visible through the "V". I guess they were in view for around 10 to 15 secs before disappearing out of view over the house roof possibly indicating they were very low. I was with another person at the time and unfortunatley all i could say was "look" repeatedly. Not thinking to get a camera or anything else. At least they saw the same thing so it wasn't Santa or his reindeer - yes i have been told that!
I contacted the local Police- waste of time and a local air port but got nowhere.
I must say that I gave up talking about it quickly as people generally looked like i was from another planet when i told them. I still dont have any explanation of what i saw, maybe youz will have a few suggestions?

[edit on 9-11-2006 by 13013]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join