It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Seen A UFO???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi there.
I am a former meber of this site but i changed my email address so i thought i wud get a new ATS membership aswell.
I was just wondering out of interest how many of the current members on ATS have seen a UFO before? Please post below just to let me know if you have seen one along with a description if possible!
Thanks guys and girlz.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In the span of my short life I have seen four things in the sky that I have not yet identified.

I took a photo of one of them. It is nothing spectacular though.
My UFO report

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have seen lots of UFOs but that dosen't mean they were alien craft.
90% of my sightings were probably planes,satallites, balloons etc. but that still leaves 10%. Some of those were green lights flying along a fence line and your classic silver disk. Also a couple white spheres in the clouds.
I spend a lot of time outdoors and with an interest in "high strangeness"; I'm always looking. Folks that say "I never see anything" are usually looking at a computer monitor.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok, so when i say UFOs i mean something you can't explain. If you really wana see one then spend a night in a place where there are no street lights. I guarentee you will see one within 4 hours (i no it seems like a long time). Mine include mostly lights the best one being a yellow light in the night sky that changed direction way too quick to have a human pilot. I make sure that I write all my sightings in a notepad on my computer so i dont forget 'cos i got the worse memory. lol.

8th

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy123
Ok, so when i say UFOs i mean something you can't explain. If you really wana see one then spend a night in a place where there are no street lights. I guarentee you will see one within 4 hours (i no it seems like a long time). Mine include mostly lights the best one being a yellow light in the night sky that changed direction way too quick to have a human pilot. I make sure that I write all my sightings in a notepad on my computer so i dont forget 'cos i got the worse memory. lol.

Well for the most park I think the craft construction would be what limits its turning ability, not the pilot... Unless it was such an intensive manuver that the human body could not handle it.

Anyways, here is my sighting pic. My neighbor gets mad that they keep messing up his lawn... Plus the being borrowed a screwdriver and never returned it.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8th

Originally posted by conspiracy123

Well for the most park I think the craft construction would be what limits its turning ability, not the pilot... Unless it was such an intensive manuver that the human body could not handle it.

Anyways, here is my sighting pic. My neighbor gets mad that they keep messing up his lawn... Plus the being borrowed a screwdriver and never returned it.

Yer this thing shot across the sky and stopped almost instantly for a split second before shooting off the other way. The only explanation i can think of is a shooting star 'cos it was going about the same speed however im pretty sure they dont glow a bright yellow very often and im certain they dont change direction or stop. lol. They're up there i promise you.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
feel free to keep your sightings/ comments coming; i'm really interested. thanks

[edit on 24-1-2006 by conspiracy123]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
feel free to keep your sightings/ comments coming; i'm really interested. thanks

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello

Here is my 1994 ufo sighting thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ive seen a ufo(accually an airport). but when a new road was cut threw the woods we noticed flasing lights(in the air) accross the way. it turned out to be by way the road was cut it made an opening to the in the woods so the hill accross the lake could be seen. there where no other decernable lights around so it appeared at nighttime that when the runway lights flashed that they were in the air(being above the treeline). and imagination made them apear to be moving around. that turned out to be a decent party spot.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have seen one. I was driving home one night. I saw this thing moving slowly above the tree tops. It was exactly like the triangles that you hear about. It was just over the tree tops so I got a very good look at it, although I didn't see anything inside. It just slowly went over the tree tops across the road and beyond. I watched it for a good 10 minutes untill it was out of sight because I pulled off the road to watch it. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera or anything on me at the time. Now I carry one with me all the time, just haven't seen anything else.

This happened in 97'. It was in Western Pennsylvania around Clarion on route 28/66.

edit: it did make noise. A very low humming noise.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Several members of my extended family are amateur or professional astronomers. Most family reunions involve a "star party." It is not considered geeky for them, but rather a chance to "commune with nature" on a cosmic level.

Additionally, as a young man, I worked on ranches in west texas where I was definitely the only human in a 10 mile radius. Some days, more like 50 miles. In the Winter, we worked "from can't see to can't see." So I was usually driving to or from work in the dark, on deserted side-roads.

Here's my best of, along with lighting conditions and number of co-observers:

Silver saucer seen on at least 3 occasions in the early 80's. Once with 2 other people. Usually in winter, in the evening with patchy snow on the ground. Object behaved aerodynamically (usually flying "edge-on"), but incredibly rapidly. As if the thing were responding instananeously to a the driver's thoughts.

Black Triangle Seen in the evening, over Northwest suburban Austin in the Mid-80's. Seen on at least 2 daylight episodes, with up to 5 other viewers. Although we attributed to the then-nearby Bergstrom Airforce Base, the thing did not behave aerodynamically; i.e., descending in a "falling leaf" pattern which would have caused any humanoid passengers to become violently ill.

Purple Shoebox Seen only at night, on dozens of occaisions, on the south and central US plains, with multiple (dozens) of viewers. Seen once during a "star party" with about 20 guests, all of whom viewed the thing through binoculars. Object was extremely high up ( jet altitude). 3 light lavender lights (windows?) at each end of a long "box." In the center 4 lights in a diamond shape, of a much darker purple. No wings or engines visible. no noise. If you shined a powerful light (coyote light) at it, The object instantly went black, but didn't dissappear. Sometimes, the objects lights would dim to two blinking red/green lights, just like a commercial craft. Another distant "airplane" would stop flashing it's commercial lights, and would "shoot" a light at the shoebox which would strobe for a second or two, then go black. The best explanation I heard was military beam-weapon "war games." Although a friend who had served on US nuke subs said the courses traveled by the crafts reminded him of US/Soviet games of "chicken" between rival subfleets. He speculated it was military aircraft attempting to get a lock on non-US (alien?) craft.

Needle-in-the-sky. Seen once, with my father, about 75 miles northwest of Lubbock, Texas, 1984. seen in late morning in extremely cold, clear weather. Object had a four-bladed propeller on the back end. The propeller was rotating extremely slowly however, and was obviously not providing propulsion--probably about 5 - 10 revolutions per minute. Object was probably 30 yards long, 2000 - 5000 feet up, moving from a dead standstill to multiple times the speed of sound and back with no sonic boom. We viewed it for about 2 or 3 minutes. It didn't always fly point first. Point was always oriented NNW. Saw a sedan, with a light bar, probably a police car or state trooper on the other side of the draw ( about 5 miles away) stop and observe the object, then drive rapidly after the object as it zoomed west out of view. Police said they had no report, so we didn't file one, either.

Silver teardrop Seen by my father and one brother March 1977 immediately following a severe rainstorm. Object was upright, spinning rapidly about 300 ft. over an old cemetery (which was also the only stand of trees and source of standing water for many miles) The object seemed to emit an extremely high-pitched hiss, like a TV set in another room, or a burglar alarm system in a museum (the only other times I've heard that sound). The object was spinnining extremely fast, and was bobbing a little bit, like a cork on a pond on a windy day, although there was no wind that I remember. My father told us it was feeding on our thoughts, and was becoming more real the longer we looked at it. He told us to cover our ears and look away. I saw my brother back turn around, and so I did too. the thing was gone without a trace. Only seen once.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I have seen one. I was driving home one night. I saw this thing moving slowly above the tree tops. It was exactly like the triangles that you hear about. It was just over the tree tops so I got a very good look at it, although I didn't see anything inside. It just slowly went over the tree tops across the road and beyond. I watched it for a good 10 minutes untill it was out of sight because I pulled off the road to watch it. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera or anything on me at the time. Now I carry one with me all the time, just haven't seen anything else.

This happened in 97'. It was in Western Pennsylvania around Clarion on route 28/66.

edit: it did make noise. A very low humming noise.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Griff]

Yep i saw one similar to this aswell during the night. It had a light in each corner and it also didnt make a noise. However i have a feeling these aren't extraterrestrial but a new spy plane 'cos i remember seeing a video of one taking off from a military base; but still UFOs even if this is true

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Several members of my extended family are amateur or professional astronomers. Most family reunions involve a "star party." It is not considered geeky for them, but rather a chance to "commune with nature" on a cosmic level.

Additionally, as a young man, I worked on ranches in west texas where I was definitely the only human in a 10 mile radius. Some days, more like 50 miles. In the Winter, we worked "from can't see to can't see." So I was usually driving to or from work in the dark, on deserted side-roads.

Here's my best of, along with lighting conditions and number of co-observers:

Silver saucer seen on at least 3 occasions in the early 80's. Once with 2 other people. Usually in winter, in the evening with patchy snow on the ground. Object behaved aerodynamically (usually flying "edge-on"), but incredibly rapidly. As if the thing were responding instananeously to a the driver's thoughts.

Black Triangle Seen in the evening, over Northwest suburban Austin in the Mid-80's. Seen on at least 2 daylight episodes, with up to 5 other viewers. Although we attributed to the then-nearby Bergstrom Airforce Base, the thing did not behave aerodynamically; i.e., descending in a "falling leaf" pattern which would have caused any humanoid passengers to become violently ill.

Purple Shoebox Seen only at night, on dozens of occaisions, on the south and central US plains, with multiple (dozens) of viewers. Seen once during a "star party" with about 20 guests, all of whom viewed the thing through binoculars. Object was extremely high up ( jet altitude). 3 light lavender lights (windows?) at each end of a long "box." In the center 4 lights in a diamond shape, of a much darker purple. No wings or engines visible. no noise. If you shined a powerful light (coyote light) at it, The object instantly went black, but didn't dissappear. Sometimes, the objects lights would dim to two blinking red/green lights, just like a commercial craft. Another distant "airplane" would stop flashing it's commercial lights, and would "shoot" a light at the shoebox which would strobe for a second or two, then go black. The best explanation I heard was military beam-weapon "war games." Although a friend who had served on US nuke subs said the courses traveled by the crafts reminded him of US/Soviet games of "chicken" between rival subfleets. He speculated it was military aircraft attempting to get a lock on non-US (alien?) craft.

Needle-in-the-sky. Seen once, with my father, about 75 miles northwest of Lubbock, Texas, 1984. seen in late morning in extremely cold, clear weather. Object had a four-bladed propeller on the back end. The propeller was rotating extremely slowly however, and was obviously not providing propulsion--probably about 5 - 10 revolutions per minute. Object was probably 30 yards long, 2000 - 5000 feet up, moving from a dead standstill to multiple times the speed of sound and back with no sonic boom. We viewed it for about 2 or 3 minutes. It didn't always fly point first. Point was always oriented NNW. Saw a sedan, with a light bar, probably a police car or state trooper on the other side of the draw ( about 5 miles away) stop and observe the object, then drive rapidly after the object as it zoomed west out of view. Police said they had no report, so we didn't file one, either.

Silver teardrop Seen by my father and one brother March 1977 immediately following a severe rainstorm. Object was upright, spinning rapidly about 300 ft. over an old cemetery (which was also the only stand of trees and source of standing water for many miles) The object seemed to emit an extremely high-pitched hiss, like a TV set in another room, or a burglar alarm system in a museum (the only other times I've heard that sound). The object was spinnining extremely fast, and was bobbing a little bit, like a cork on a pond on a windy day, although there was no wind that I remember. My father told us it was feeding on our thoughts, and was becoming more real the longer we looked at it. He told us to cover our ears and look away. I saw my brother back turn around, and so I did too. the thing was gone without a trace. Only seen once.

Wow these are interesting. It seems like there are loads of different types of UFOs out there. lol

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yes, I have seen a ufo. Actually, I have seen several ufo's in the course of several different incidents. Of course, I use the term "ufo" in it's definite usage. That is, I have seen an unidentified flying object. I don't imply that the flying object was an alien, extraterrestrial, inter-dimensional or secret government aircraft. I am merely saying that I have seen a flying object that I could not identify.

The one object that stands out in my mind was seen in broad daylight. It was sunny, clear and a very bright day. I was walking along a busy road. I looked up and I saw an object that was very high in the sky. It was jet black. That's what grabbed my attention. It was black! That is to say, it seemed to be more black in color than anything that I could have imagined. Another thing was that it was moving very slowly across the sky and then it accelerated. It moved quickly across the sky and then, just as suddenly, slowed down again moving out of my sight.

I know that this doesn't sound like much of a sighting. But I do know aircraft and this just didn't seem like any aircraft that I ever saw before. It did not seem to be a defined shape. But it was the intense "blackness" of the craft that really caught my attention. It remained an intense black even though it moved across the horizon under different lighting situations. It's sudden acceleration also caught my attention and is the primary reason that I classify this sighting as something "out of the ordinary". Still, this sighting can not be proven to be anything other what the term ufo implies, "unidentified".

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The only time I have seen something in the sky that I couldn’t explain was when me and my brother saw this long stretched out thing flying close to the ground and slowly across the sky. We got some binoculars and looked at it and what we saw seemed to look like a missile. It didn’t have wings and it wasn’t outputting any visual emissions. But it didn’t have a pointed tip like a missile it had a squared off tip. I don’t know what I was but it was fun to watch.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman16
The only time I have seen something in the sky that I couldn’t explain was when me and my brother saw this long stretched out thing flying close to the ground and slowly across the sky. We got some binoculars and looked at it and what we saw seemed to look like a missile. It didn’t have wings and it wasn’t outputting any visual emissions. But it didn’t have a pointed tip like a missile it had a squared off tip. I don’t know what I was but it was fun to watch.

Hi there, just out of interest how close to the ground was it 'cos I think i have heard of these before.
Thanks

[edit on 24-1-2006 by conspiracy123]

8th

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Heres an old pic I dug up. The only time I "might have" got something on film.

Full size.
img129.exs.cx...

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have had 3 instances where I saw something that I could not identify what they were. By no means are they evidence of ET life or exotic military systems, but they are Unidentified to me. I spent a lot of time around aircraft (USAF) and can be somewhat confident in my judgement about what is "normal" about flight characteristics and shapes at a distance, etc. and these experiences fall outside of that box of "normal".

One was when I was very young (4-5) and would be best described as a very bright triangular pattern of lights at night reminescent of a helicopter of the mid '60's era. In fact, thats what my grandfather thought had crashed. This experience is still in question in my mind due to the fact that I was so young and could very easily mispercieved something identifiable. I think I was reacting to this event due to my grandfathers excitability more than anything else but I still dont know what it was. Neither did my grandfather or the sheriffs dept.

Another was a very fast and fleeting silver dart near our airport here which I would have written off as a partial view of a plane had it not been moving so damn fast.

Another was 2 colored orbs following a small gen. aviation plane in the night sky, kind of pacing it. I would have written that one off as an instructor plane until a third orb (I actually first thought one of my brothers had whipped a rock at my head because of the sound of air being cut this thing made) came from behind me to follow in lockstep with the first two creating a triangular pattern following this plane.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join