It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Luck Springer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I have the upper-hand on this one. When I refuse to take his virtually nonambulatory body out of their hospital room without the proper prescriptions, and insurance has said - it's time for him to go home, we won't be paying for any more days - I've got a sinking suspicion I'll win. ..because it's a public hospital, not private.
Because I'm NOT bringing him home without proper meds.

PLEASE do this for Springer...... yell, scream, holler, threaten law suit.... whatever it takes to get him what he needs from the hospital staff NOW.

In any hospital setting - the squeaky wheel gets the grease. On this topic, I have way too much experience. The best thing anyone can do for themselves is take a personal advocate with you to the hospital and make sure all staff there know that your advocate speaks for you!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wish Springer and Val all the best for them to get well and back in shape.

And Val you are a fighter girl and I know you will get what is best for your man from that hospital.

Keep fighting.

Remember we only have one chance to heal from a surgery and we have to make it the right way.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Best of luck. Hope it gets better soon, having a bad back is no fun.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Springer All the best hope it works better for then mine backs are great when they good but a right pain when they go

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
be well and heal with no pain. best wishes.

itmt, i guess you'll have to change your name from 'springer' to 'hardtail'.

ride on.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I hope you have a speedy recovery Springer! Val, if you have to be the biggest pain in the ass, do so to get him the proper meds. He needs to be in a good state of mind to recover well and if he is fighting pain it will be a much rougher road. Stay on the charge nurse to get him what he needs and make sure the doctor actually sees him before any descisions are made to discharge him. I wish you both the best with this situation.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hope you get well soon, Springer!

Lots of luv! xx

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
All the best. Hang in there...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey springer,

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a speedy recovery.

And remember, if the doctor tells you that you should only take one vicadin at a time...it's really just a suggestion, like speed limits and turn signals.

Take two and make a day of it.

Feel better dude.

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I spent (4) days in the hospital once Springer and here is a couple of pointers for you to remember:

1) All the good looking nurses are gone. Most are scary looking and crabby.

2) The night-shift is better than the day-shift.....most day-shift nurses shuffle around on their hooves carrying papperwork from one side of the isle to another....totally worthless. The night-shift nurses are alot friendlier and can take care of you better.

3) Bring reading material and one of those small DVD TV's with a 9" screen AND your own shower shoes.

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Best of luck to ya Springer!
But fear the hospital food. >_>

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
SPRINGER,
I do hope you recover fast from your operation.
Best regards,
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey Springer, best of luck 2day, your in my prayers

Warmest Regards,
Bushfriend

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I spoke with Springer briefly a little while ago. He is in alot of pain, terrible really. He is going to get better though. He is a real trooper.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sensational
Personable
Rational
Intelligent
Nightmare to trolls
Glowing
Rebel

Get those pain killers we need you back!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm glad your surgery went well Springer. Best of wishes for a quick and speedy recovery. You are in our prayers.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
good luck, springer

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Springer,

I'm sorry to hear about all the pain!

I hope you get back on your feet soon and can be free of back problems!

lost_shaman

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hi everybody, and once again, and never enough, I say thank you for the words of encouragement and support for Springer and for me. He sure is going to enjoy reading this.

His fever broke about 3 a.m. this morning and has stayed normal since. He is on a lot less pain medicine today than he was yesterday, and what is available is the same - so that means he is needing to request pain meds less. YAY!

He walked from his bed to his room door and back today. YAY! And, of course, they are having him get in a chair for his meals. He isn't eating very much, but at least he's eating some.

They are considering transferring him to inpatient physical rehabilitation for a few days before he comes home, but it appears he is not going anywhere prior to Monday.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Great news Val

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join