It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Luck Springer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Springer is having bakc surgery ??? OUCHH !!!... he really needs good luck than ,...and tons of prayers...!!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good Luck Springer, your the one who let me back in here.

Take Care Bro

Maximu§

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hang in there, Springer! We're all pulling for you.

Here's hoping you feel better REAL SOON!

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I figured since I had a few minutes I'd stop in and wish the best to Springer. I haven't had too much time to visit here lately, so hopefully this will have me visiting the site frequently to check up on how he's doing. Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My prayers are with you Springer.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
More thought, prayers, and well wishes for the man! Get well soon, Springer!

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of you, and how much this thread is going to mean to Springer when he finally gets to come home.

It's been tough so far. The surgery went very well, and he was lucky in a number of ways concerning the surgery, but the past two days have not gone well.

They have a very very difficult time (mainly due to incompetence, but whatever) of getting his pain under control. The first 24 hours he was effectively without any pain relief whatsoever, but in the next 24 hours they got a handle on things. There is one shift of nurses that doesn't seem to give a poop (that would be the graveyard shift) and during that shift he starts losing ground on the pain control and kind of has to play catch up through the first half of the day.

Today he ran fever - as high as 101. We are hoping that, as the nurses reported, it might just be the threat of pneumonia and not something associated with the surgery site. They are doing frequent breathing exercises and treatments to make sure everything keeps moving. The fever is the big concern right now, but it was under control tonight at 9:30 when I came home.

He did get out of bed for the first time today and sit in a chair. One time for an hour at lunch and then for 30 minutes at dinner. And he did eat solid food today for the first time (but only at dinner).

I don't see him getting to come home before the weekend, and I don't know if they will discharge on the weekend. So he may not be home before Monday.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and kind words for my best friend. You are very very special people.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hang in there, Springer. We're all pulling for you.

DE

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Val,

In heart, spirit, and mind ... I feel that many are right there with him.

Springer

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm still keeping you in my thoughts, Springer. I hope you pull through this quickly.

Good luck and I'll hopefully see you on ATS very soon, man.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Good luck Springer , hope you feel better soon, and we're thinking of you too Val

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
All the best Springer!!! Get well soon

Oh!!! & this might be a reason to get rid of the hog and get a bike with real suspension!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Still thinking of you Springer.

Val, I don't understand what the medical "professionals" don't get about pain. You can't heal when you are fighting it, and allowing it to get out of control while you're healing is only prolonging the process and leaving you vulnerable to further complications, (like leaving you too exhausted to fight off infection). there's plenty of evidence out there to support my feelings on this. You might have to fight for it though.

I hope to God they send him home with proper pain relief for a speedy recovery.

My prayers for both of you in this difficult journey called recovery.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
All the best of luck to you Springer, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Kick the nurses up the derriere for me....

Glad to know its on the improve, fevrs not good but hes in the best place to handle a feverr, that is after the nurse kick.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the update, Valhall.

Best of luck to you and your family.

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Much thanks to each and every voice of support. I have to speak to one statement in particular...

Originally posted by Relentless

I hope to God they send him home with proper pain relief for a speedy recovery.

I have the upper-hand on this one. When I refuse to take his virtually nonambulatory body out of their hospital room without the proper prescriptions, and insurance has said - it's time for him to go home, we won't be paying for any more days - I've got a sinking suspicion I'll win. ..because it's a public hospital, not private.
Because I'm NOT bringing him home without proper meds.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Good Luck Springer and I wish you a Swift Recovery!

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
P.S. And to clarify - I will go fill those prescriptions FIRST, and then I will take him out of the hospital. Serious - if they think they're going to release him with any question of me being able to get his prescriptions - they're dead wrong. They'll either fill the prescription for me with adequate amounts to make it until I can get a refill, or they'll allow me to go get the prescriptions filled first.

This man has been physically nonfunctioning and a prisoner in his own body for a year and a half...and he hurt for over a year and half before that when his back officially "stopped working", he's not coming home to do more of the same.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Mister don't make me come down there and do your house work for you!

I remember the TIN sheathing.

I hope your back is a-ok buddy!.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by SpittinCobra]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join