It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Expenditures of Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I am doing my Phd about military expenditures and economic growth and i am trying to find data about military expenditures of Greece, Turkey and Cyprus for the years 1960 and then. Anyone can help me to find them or send them to me?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Current estimates of military expenditure can be found at the CIA World Factbook.

A quick google returns this:

Google Search - Greek "military expenditure"

Most interesting to you may be a paper entitled:

"Military Expenditure, Economic Performance, and Political Economy of Conflict Resolution in Greece and Turkey" (Brauer, Jurgen : 2001)

Abstract : This article contains an overview of the literature on the economics of military affairs in Greece and Turkey as of December 1999. In particular, I review (a) arms race models, (b) models of the demand for military expenditure, (c) models measuring the economic impact of military expenditure, and (d) macroeconometric simulations that model reductions in military expenditure. I conclude with some thoughts on the political economy of conflict resolution between and within Greece and Turkey.

You can download a PDF version of the paper from:

Military Expenditure, Economic Performance, and Political Economy of Conflict Resolution in Greece and Turkey (PDF)

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I want data from 1960 untill today and i cant find them nowhere.Any other ideas to help me?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tasos
I want data from 1960 untill today and i cant find them nowhere.Any other ideas to help me?

Try these links,
www.gigablast.com...

Hope it helps your studies.

top topics

join