It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Creek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am an Australian and as such I found this film to be very very chilling. It is one the very BEST thriller/horror films I have ever seen, granted I'm not the biggest fan of horror films, but this is truly a great film.

I think that Australians are more affected by this film because we are not used to seeing such "Beutifully" made horror films set in our own backyard.

Anyway what is everone else's opinion on this flick.

P.S. I had trouble sleeping for quite a while after watching this film (Proof it was good
), and I now have a mortal fear of the Northern Territory *Joke*

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
seen this film in the vidoe shop for rental looks to me as if they ripped off the story to the two english backpackers that one never has been found (the guy and the female who hid in the bush for ages got away. I read it and thought id rarther read bbc news online .

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If anything, the film is loosely based on the infamous 'Backpacker Murders' that were committed by Ivan Milat. For people who are foreign to Australia this film really hits home. Crimes like these are very real and are particularly well adapted in this film. The Peter Falconio/ Joanne Lees affair is just the latest in a long history of outback murders.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Far too realistic. The early eeriness got me warmed up for some fun ufo, weird, out-of-this-world creepiness and then the director bludgeon's you with the scariest thing of all: real people. great character development, i like that they aren't famous actors because you don't know who is "expendable". I like how they portrayed the budding romance too, very realistic nervous first kiss...

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reyna4fitness
Far too realistic. The early eeriness got me warmed up for some fun ufo, weird, out-of-this-world creepiness and then the director bludgeon's you with the scariest thing of all: real people. great character development, i like that they aren't famous actors because you don't know who is "expendable". I like how they portrayed the budding romance too, very realistic nervous first kiss...

Yea I agree with you there. That truly is what makes it so bloody scary. But that whole thing that the director did really makes it a kick ass film. Wheather you like horror or not everyone should see this film.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I was just having a discussion with someone about this film today, I definitely have to see it now although I am scared to now

And from the sounds of it I will get scared, I don't scare easily from the usual horror flicks (not a horror fan, the blood and gut's-type horror just bores me) but this does sound freaky scarey indeed and that scares me

I will be sure to check it out ... during daylight and when my man is here to sit right next to me while I do of course
lol

[edit on 1-2-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I was just having a discussion with someone about this film today, I definitely have to see it now although I am scared to now

And from the sounds of it I will get scared, I don't scare easily from the usual horror flicks (not a horror fan, the blood and gut's-type horror just bores me) but this does sound freaky scarey indeed and that scares me

I will be sure to check it out ... during daylight and when my man is here to sit right next to me while I do of course
lol
[edit on 1-2-2006 by ImJaded]

When I saw it in the Cinema I all but shat myself, the next time I see it ill have to be sure ALL the light are on. And when I was driving home after the movie I kept looking suspiciously to the side of the road out into the bush...

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Wolf Creek sucked.

But aleast it was kinda creepy.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
not seen it and was not going to, But now lol i think i just might,

Ill get it and tell ya what i think

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Juvey
Wolf Creek sucked.