It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrible Turnout In Canadian Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I thought most people voted? What is with this? According to Elections.ca, only 16% of eligible voters actually voted. In my city, it was only THREE PERCENT. That's sad.

I have no idea... has it always been this way? I guess that's why it's true when they say "Your vote matters", etc when urging you to vote. Because nobody else can be bothered

Almost makes me want to form my own political party. I could probably get enough friends and people I know in my city to give me a decent percentage. Aside from the fact that I wouldn't actually want to be an MP.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What a shame. We were supposed to have a record turn out this time.

It just goes to show that Canadians feel that there isn’t a candidate worth voting for.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The real numbers will not be known till Wednesday. It will be over 60 %. Last election was 61 I believe.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I sure hope so, but where the heck are all those votes going to come from?

In order to get 60% turn out, there is going to have to be another 100 million votes magically turn up. I can't see the preliminary results being THAT off....

Edit: Ah, some still appear to be coming in. It's up to 28% now. Whew. Getting there... I guess there is still some yet to come in. Up to about 6.5 million instead of 4 now. My city's turnout has magically risen to about 26%.

Sorry, I'm new to this whole "Politics" thing

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I checked elections.ca and the percentage is up to 59.2% The reason you found such a small number is that was all the votes that had been counted at the time, I'm thinking. We usually get about 55-65% turnout in elections in canada, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Voter turnout has been down for 20 years.

Its actually up this year I think.
Dont quote me !

top topics

join