It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haliburton Gave Troops Polluted Water - Half as Clean as Nearby Euphrates!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
According to former Haliburton employees, the company provided filthy water to troops and neglected to inform anyone of the problem.

news.yahoo.com...
A Halliburton Co. subsidiary provided water to U.S. troops at a camp in Iraq that was twice as contaminated as water from the Euphrates River, former employees of the company said on Monday.

The subsidiary, Kellogg Brown and Root, also blocked employees' attempts to inform the U.S. military at Camp Junction City in Ramadi that the water was foul or tell them that water tanks should immediately be chlorinated, the workers said.

They cited KBR's failure to test or treat the water in the latest in a series of hearings Senate Democrats have held on Halliburton, which was once headed by Vice President Dick Cheney and has huge contracts to provide services to the U.S. military in Iraq.

The water was not for drinking, but nonetheless it cost us money and benefited nobody. Why are we paying for this crap water, is this how one 'supports' the troops? If we wanted our soldiers 'cleaning' themselves with sewage we could just have them swim and brush their teeth and shave in the river at no extra cost!

But no, they'd rather take water out of the river, for profit, store it, for profit, mix it with sewage, for profit, and then provide it to the troops for washing etc., for profit. I assume they're in charge of waste removal as well, which explains the presence of the extra sewage...

These criminals never get sick of taking advantage of their influence/position to empty the pockets of the American government, and by proxy the American taxpayers.

Nobody even seems to care anymore, like this sort of incompetence is par for the course and perfectly accetable.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If it's true it angers me and I hope some people loose their freedom over this.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Those americans should be thankfull there getting diluted sewage and not bullets in the head for invading and looting nations.

I bet the US soldiers regret dumping all those bodies in the river now they are washing in it.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
Those americans should be thankfull there getting diluted sewage and not bullets in the head for invading and looting nations.

I bet the US soldiers regret dumping all those bodies in the river now they are washing in it.

I think you'll find it wasnt any of those soldiers decision to invade those countries. Here you have a company that is paid, and supposidly trusted to look after troops and employees and this is how it does that?

I think Halliburton should loose every military contract from '07 onwards for this, but then.. that wont happen, now will it?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Wow, is all I have to say about that statement. Youre completely entitled to your opinion and all, but thats kind of a racy statement to be making. Especially considering its completely false, where do you get US soldiers are dumping bodies into the Euphrates? I've never heard of this, where is the uproar from Amnesty International and The Red Cross? If youre going to make absolutely insane statements like that, then bring proof to back it up. Something from a human rights group and not some communist/insanely far left-wing(yes there are degrees of left and right wing) website. This statement just screams to be shunned upon, but I'll leave that for a mod, I dont want to truely say what I feel about that statement and get banned from this site.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Dumping bodies into the river? Invading other countries? War and other atrocities? I thought you were going to talk about the U.S. soldiers, and then you started talking about the Iraqi "army".

Seriously, what a lovely comment, and so relevant to the putrid water given to the troops and civilians by a subcontracted company under the Haliburton umbrella.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

The problem with comments like that, they take attention away from the issue. Now people are talking about your inflamatory comment instead of the topic. It polarizes the issue and makes discussion difficult.

It's not appreciated, because the topic is an important one to discuss.

Since the onset of the war, a great quantity of money has been dumped into the coffers of corporations connected to political insiders, and in return soldiers and Iraqi citizens have been provided with much less than what was paid for. Often these moneyed corporate interests don't have to compete for their contracts, and are free to overcharge for sub-standard services. This abuse goes to ridiculous lengths, and accountability is practically zero.

Meanwhile troops are out there, trying to survive, American troops. They're being used to perpetuate the looting, and are ultimately the biggest victims. Keeping them alive, and returning them home in short order should be everyone's shared goal, but it isn't (KBR doesn't give a damn about the troops, they're profiteers, and they've proven that on a number of occasions), which is what I was hoping to talk about by posting this article.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

All you do is go to threads and try to troll people. You dont back up any of your statements because you seem to think you are above that. Please, teach us all oh great one!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whoever at Halliburton knowingly allowed this to happen should be punished. Our troops deserve better then this. Also, I don’t see how you can punish the entire company unless the top Executives knew.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First I do not accept the premise.

Second, was the intended use Potable or Nonpotable? desert operations require significant water that is not always intended for drinking. Where is the proof here??????????????

Just because some less than brilliant loony says something does not make it true.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The article actually says the water was not for drinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Why? He is absolutly right. Thats not even the start of the atrocities. Yall need to wake up, seriously. American government is using the troops as pawns.

It was Henry Kissinger himself, in his book, that said....

''Military men are dumb, stupid, animals....to be used as pawns for foreign policy.''

Thats what your loving government thinks of your troops. Wake up!!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

First I do not accept the premise.

Fantastic.
What the Hell does that mean in the context of this conversation?

Second, was the intended use Potable or Nonpotable? desert operations require significant water that is not always intended for drinking. Where is the proof here??????????????

Next time, read the article before commenting - that's my advice.

I was just thinking about the Katrina relief effort, and I wonder if KBR and their subsidiaries are using the same techniques down there, in regards to the water supplied to undocumented immigrant laborers being used for the reconstruction effort.

Providing crap water wouldn't bother me quite so much if a.) the contractors weren't making much profit b.) if the people using the stuff knew what was going on with it.

They're not given information that could protect them, and why is that? Because that information is currently employed protecting profits instead of people. Look, this country incarcerates people for overcharging on twinkies during hurricanes, what do you think the law should do to corporations selling sewage-water to our troops on a foreign battlefield, at a severe markup no less!?

Some people will go to great lengths to justify this behavior, but the truth is they don't have to bother. The law protects corporations, so y'all can just stop.
No matter how wrong it is, corporations can do it with impunity. That's the reality of our current system.

Without swift and sweeping legal reform and retroactive penalties, these criminals will get away and retire somewhere friendlier. That's almost certainly what will happen, they'll escape out the back door with a whole bunch of money, and the next administration will be tasked with making excuses for them, probably in the midst of environmental disaster and climate change.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how you can have more contaminated water than the Euphrates. The Iraqis wash themselves, their clothes, they defecate, they throw trash and dead animals and junk into the Euphrates....

You'd have to take that water, then poison it with arsenic to make it any worse.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Presumably what happened was Haliburton was contracted to remove sewage as well, as provide water. They take the sewage from the troops, they dump the sewage in the water, then serve the water back to the troops, and kill two birds with one stone.

I was trying to figure out how the water could possibly be more contaminated, and the only possibility is that they're just re-using the water over and over, adding a bunch of filth with every go-round. I guess filters and clean water would have threatened profit margins.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure something's wrong with this story...

When was the last time you were near a sewer, it was pretty easy to tell...

Now if you go to the drinking fountain and it smells like a sewer, and poop is coming out of the faucet...are you going to drink it?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I mean...the article makes it sound like there was an attempt to cover-up what was going on, but surely (by common-sense) it was a one-time accident.

Kellog "Here have some more poo water."
Soldier "What?"
Kellog "Here have some more good water".
*Drinks*
Soldier "Gah it's like someone farted in my mouth"
Kellog "That's just the minerals ... makes strong bones."

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Well, once again, the article states it isn't potable water that's the problem.

But, whatever, you think it's just disgruntled employees trying to get back at the company?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
No, I think that something's simply not being mentioned to set an agenda such as "these guys are bastards". Non-potable water stinks pretty bad too...usually.

I think either it was an honest mistake where someone screwed up and was sending treated sewage as drinking water...or it was nowhere near as diseased and filthed as they claim.

Either way I certainly don't think it was on-going...too many people would have had diarreah and other illnesses before very long.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ah yes - Good Old Halliburton.

Don't you Love it, when the CEO of the Biggest Warprofiteer Corporation is also the the Vice-President of the US Goverment, which is involved in Wars, from which Halliburton makes enormous PROFITS?

Don't you just Love the Modern Neoliberal Corporate so-called Goverments Create themselves Profits, by creating themsleves Wars?

Anyway, do you really think they care about the Human Lives - American or Iraqi? From what you are about to see, their only Concern is that the Stock prices keep RISING and that the Profit Numbers keep INCREASING.

Halliburton Watch

And ofcourse, if you SPY on Halliburton - the Bush Administration WILL SPY BACK ON YOU!

Yep - that's the Land of the FREE.

FREE TRADE, that is...

EDIT: to add Insult to Injury:

Workers Allege Halliburton KNEW Their Water Was Foul

[edit on 25/1/06 by Souljah]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join