It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Galloway, local hero

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You can all speak directly to George on talkSPORT radio on a saturday or sunday night from 8-10 p.m. You listen live from here.

After listening to him for the past few weeks he seems to be one of the only politicians who is doing the job they are meant to do. Check it out, hate him or love him, he makes a top radio show.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Why? Because he went on Big Brother? My local M.P. attends Parliament a lot less often than Galloway does and he is seen as some form of Tory Legend.

So, what has G.G. done that's so wrong?

He is a money grabbing trumpet. every descision he makes is for himself, not for the benifit of the country

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by And3h
He is a money grabbing trumpet.

- Yet the funny thing is that every time that kind of accusaion is made and tested in court it turns out to be a lie and GG wins.

every descision he makes is for himself, not for the benifit of the country

- In which case it's funny he is a lone MP in a party of 1 at Westminster with absolutely zero chance of benefitting himself in the manner you suggest.

If he were all about 'himself before country' then one might have expected him to use his undeniable 'PR skills' to elevate himself within his old party (the Labour party, the party of government in the UK) and into some actual position of power within the government. He never did.

In fact he did the opposite.

In accordance with his principles he fought with and eventually left the Labour party and stood against one of the Labour parties' more promising 'rising stars'.
A huge risk to his 'political career'.

You might not like his politics but try and simply claim GG is a self-interested and money grabbing fraud is far off of the mark and contrary to the record.

(BTW I'd love to see other politician's personal and financial affairs being subjected to the amount of legal and public scrutiny as GG's have been over the years!
.......and never once has the mud stuck.)

[edit on 19-4-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by And3h
He is a money grabbing trumpet. every descision he makes is for himself, not for the benifit of the country

On the politician 'self-serving' scale, I think Mr Galloway scores pretty low actually. I am more concerned about the ones that would say anything to curry favour with the executive in order to feather their own nests. At least GG sticks to his principles, whether you agree with them or not.

I can't comment on his Big Brother appearance as I do not follow the show, but I did see some of the press about it. He sounds like a human being to me...Clearly not politician material then....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join