It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depleted Uranium video on google is Shocking

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

countries bommed with DU munisions will be toxic waste lands for 10 billion years!!
I KID U NOT.. WATCH THE VIDEO AND WEEP!

WELL I GUESS ITS ONE WAY TO GET RID OF ALL YOUR OLD NUCLEAR WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!WOT BASTARDS!!!

video.google.com...

HOW CAN THIS BE ALLOWED?!!

Mod Edit: ALL CAPS title

[edit on 23-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Got news for ya...
sit down first...
are ya sitting?

ok here ya go... USA making toxic soup of utah...

yeah bud... we hurtin... and we stupid...
but then, when our brains are so clogged with mind numbing drugs, floride, and trans fats...its no wonder...

BTW: Bob lazar (of area51 fame) used to make a living off of searching the desert for low rad uranium pellets (yes the desert was in the USA)... to sell on ebay of all things...
not quite as dangerous, but you wouldn't want to build a house on one.

why do we still do this... the same reason as anyone else...
the person making the money, isn't the person taking the risk...
in short: greed

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
oh yeah.. they got us rite where they want us..

not a lot we can do!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've just started watching this and then started crying!
(bush's voice does that to me) geez its only 5 mins.... its no wonder the American government want to controll Google search engines, i dont think we would be allowed to see this on google video do you?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

This extremely powerful 89 minute film presents comprehensive documentation from United States Government archives of a massive cover-up, including military and civilian experimentation, dating back over 60 years.

Some believe these illnesses are caused by exposure to depleted uranium munitions used on the battlefield. Others believe chemical and biological exposures are the prime suspect. While yet an even larger group argue that experimental vaccines given to our troops, without their knowledge or consent, may have lead to the demise of many of these soldiers.

A growing number of scientists and respected experts in their fields have been coming forward to share their research and first-hand knowledge of official betrayal.

As ailing Gulf War Heroes from all 27 coalition countries slowly die of “unknown causes,” they wait for answers from their respective governments… but no satisfying or even credible answers have come forth from the military establishment. Records that span over a decade point to negligence and even culpability on the part of the U.S. Department of Defense and their “disposable army” mentality.

[emphasis mine]

While I can, in no way, discount this straight away, I would urge viewers NOT to take the overall content verbatim nor as concrete proof. Please don't do your intellect the disservice of forming an opinion based solely on an obviously agenda-driven presentation.

The resulting injuries and deformations are undoubtedly horrific yet, in no way can they be directly attributed to the sole suggested source of DU.

Question:
Would you rather form an opinion based on a your own findings, or simply take that which is presented as fact?

Just my $.02

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
only a matter of time b4 they make google remove these type of programes

any1 know how to save a flash movie?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have known about DU munitions for the past 3 years but no one listens, they all say it CANT HAPPEN HERE! nooooooo people just dont listen and want to go JOIN THE MARINES! YEAH! and now they have cancers that are yet to be named and children with mutations and lacking of fingers or fused fingers. Serves people right (the affected in the US exclusively) they would not listen and still refuse so its time to reap what you sow.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hello Iamian,

Thank you for posting this TELLYOURMATES. Good video.

Unfortunately it dosnt stop there... Here is another video just as importaint. Fallujah - The Hidden Massacre
**WARNING no less GRAPHIC.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Lots of one sided propaganda here. Again, i'm amazed that people who pride themselvs for being critical thinkers, could be so easily manipulated with this crap.

That "hidden massacre" video has been pretty throughly debunked, just so you know. There are video edits in the first mins of the movie that have been shown the be fake. For example, the scene where the jet is dropping conventinal bombs over vietnam is looped and described as US operations with napalm. When you have so much misinformation within the first few seconds, its hard to take seriously.

people like u make this possible!!!!!

I did serve in Iraq so I guess I am responsible. Im such a monster.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Dronetek]
language cleanup

[edit on 23-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
MOD EDIT: to remove inappropriate post.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
id say the deformed children hurt me more then anything.

the title really describes it perfectly, beyond treason. watchin this i have heard some of these facts before, but some stuff was new to me, and the pictures made it more clear to me the true effects.

those poor children, makes me hope the government gets overthrown and all those responsible get their punishment for what they have done.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Lots of one sided propaganda here. Again, i'm amazed that people who pride themselvs for being critical thinkers, could be so easily manipulated with this crap.

Show us the way then Dronetek, i've yet to formulate such an opinion

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Hello Iamian,

Thank you for posting this TELLYOURMATES. Good video.

Unfortunately it dosnt stop there... Here is another video just as importaint. Fallujah - The Hidden Massacre
**WARNING no less GRAPHIC.

Hi GameSetMatch,

I leave this one for tommorrow thanks

too many nightmares

all the best

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Lots of one sided propaganda here.

Just a note... Isn't propaganda ALWAYS one-sided?

That "hidden massacre" video has been pretty throughly debunked, just so you know.

Got a link or something? I don't believe every word of the film, but I don't have to to know that something is very wrong. Are you're saying that our government and military are innocent in all this? If so, how about something to back it up?

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian

Show us the way then Dronetek, i've yet to formulate such an opinion

I'm talking about all the sheeple that will believe anything anti-Us or anti-Bush outright without even looking in to the subject. There has been so much research in to DP and to my knowledge it isn’t considered dangerous. Now, that isn’t the end all on the subject, but these guys who are calling for the over throw our government are just a little crazy in my opinion.

Got a link or something? I don't believe every word of the film, but I don't have to to know that something is very wrong. Are you're saying that our government and military are innocent in all this? If so, how about something to back it up?

My point is that the whole "OMG THE GOVERMENTS!" crowd is only considering one point of view when there are MANY. The issue is anything but resolved.

en.wikipedia.org...

By contrast, other studies have shown that DU ammunition has no measurable detrimental health effects, either in the short or long term. The International Atomic Energy Agency reported in 2003 that, "based on credible scientific evidence, there is no proven link between DU exposure and increases in human cancers or other significant health or environmental impacts," although "Like other heavy metals, DU is potentially poisonous. In sufficient amounts, if DU is ingested or inhaled it can be harmful because of its chemical toxicity. High concentration could cause kidney damage." [15]

www.military.com...

Depleted Uranium results from the enriching of this natural uranium. Since most nuclear reactors use U235 to produce energy, natural uranium has to be enriched so the percentage of U235 is sufficiently high for a reaction to take place. Uranium used in civilian reactors is enriched to about 20 percent U235, but submarine power plants use Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) with at least 50 percent U235, and weapons-grade HEU is 90 percent or more U235.

When the 0.7 percent of U235 is removed from natural uranium, what remains is a silvery, very dense metal consisting of U238 plus a small percentage of U235 and a negligible percentage of the four other isotopes. We call this Depleted Uranium or DU.

Notice two things here: (1) "Natural" uranium is more radioactive than DU, because the ingredient with the higher level of radioactivity has been almost entirely removed from DU; (2) Since natural uranium is, itself, not dangerous, then the resultant DU must be even less dangerous.

From actual measurements, if a tank crewman were to stay continuously inside a "heavy armor" tank that uses DU armor panels, fully loaded with only DU ammunition, with the gun pointed to the rear to maximize any exposure - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - he would receive only about 25 percent of the permitted annual dose. Since nobody sits inside such a tank 24/7 for an entire year, exposure levels from realistic times, such as 900 hours per training year, are about the same dosage you might receive from cosmic radiation on a round-trip between New York and Los Angeles. These are proven facts. They result from actual measurements that anyone can reproduce. They are not open to discussion, argument, or conjecture. They are what they are, and nobody can change them.

When a DU shell partially vaporizes on impact, or when DU armor similarly vaporizes when struck, some of the resultant particulate material can and does find its way into the bodies of those nearby. Normally, the body readily flushes this material right back out, but if the contamination is sufficiently dense, then problems can develop. Note, however, that these problems have nothing to do with radiation - it is strictly a chemical problem, one that is well-understood and easy to control

So, if there is ANY danger, it would be from inhaling large amounts. For that to happen you would have to be near exploding rounds on a constant basis. Chances are if you are near one of these when they blow, you won’t be around to worry about inhaling the particles.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TELLYOURMATES

countries bommed with DU munisions will be toxic waste lands for 10 billion years!!

No they won't.

HOW CAN THIS BE ALLOWED?!!

Because there is nothing illegal about it.

people like u make # like this possible!

U ass wipe!!!!!

When you signed up for this site, you agreed not to attack other members. Stop it.

DO you have anything to present in the way of evidence, reasoning, or even studies, to show that there is a serious problem with DU rounds? Besides saying patently false things like it makes countries 'wastelands', and besides 'documentaries' that make unverified claims?

Notice your opening post's title. "Shocking". Is that all you are interested in, schock and awe, so to speak? Not rational consideration and discussion?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this is why where here show me, when i see things like this it hurts,
but i agree its easy to be manipulated with film,
show ppl whats wrong, you was there i'll respect your thoughts, there's no doubting that....

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
OPEN YOUR EYES - OPEN YOUR MINDS...

U MAY FIND YOUR UNBRAINWASHING UNPLEASANT..

YOUR GOV HAS NOT BEEN HONEST WITH U..

ITS TIME TO WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

HEY HO... ITS NEVER NICE TO BE WOKEN FROM A DEEP SLEEP!!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
well crap, I cant argue with all caps now can I? If you open your eyes you can read my response to the propaganda. I use real facts and everything.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TELLYOURMATES
U MAY FIND YOUR UNBRAINWASHING UNPLEASANT..

We may find your yelling unpleasant, too.

You're not going to convince anybody of anything by using all caps. Some people will not be convinced. But the only hope of convincing people is with information, not capital letters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join