It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow found in Alberta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here we go again

I did a search, can't believe no on picked up on this yet.

A cow from an Alberta farm has tested positive for mad cow disease, Canadian officials said Monday.

Dr. Brian Evans, Canada's chief veterinary officer, said the disease was found in an animal about 6 years old. Evans said it did not enter the human food or animal-feed systems.

The announcement came after the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's spokesman, Mark Van Dusen, said Sunday that officials were testing a "suspicious sample."

/www.cnn.com

The US has ruled out re-imposing a ban on Canadian beef...so far
news.yahoo.com...

This cow is about 6-7 years old
news.yahoo.com...

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 23-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This situation is not limited to Canada.

Japan bans US beef

Not BSe but still a baaad sign.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Good lord. Cattle are grown on a farm just for slaughter and fed, among other things I wouldn't want in mny future food, the brains and spinal columns of the past generations. Did we actually conisder this a sustainable and safe method at the time?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Regarding Sardion's post...

Given the importance of the Japanese beef market to American cattle farmers, how could this have happened? Sabotage springs to mind immediately.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I did a search, can't believe no on picked up on this yet.

I was considering making an ATSNN article on it, but I'm waiting for the new version od ATSNN to be finished before getting back into it.

From the Lunch time news I was watching earlier, they say that the U.S. is happy that the Canadian system is identifying these things rather than a mad cow slipping by and people eating it.
This shouldn't have as big of an impact on the market as mad cow has in the past.

new topics

top topics

join