It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emaciated Children Kept Locked in Bathroom for Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Three individuals, 33-year-old Regina Rios, 33-year-old Tomas Granados and 56-year-old Esther Rios, have been arrested in Carson City, Nevada for keeping two children, a 16-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy, locked in a bathroom for years. According to authorities, the defendants said they kept the children locked in the bathroom for stealing food. Officers became aware of the situation when they saw what looked like a little child on the street pushing a cart full of food. Upon investigation, it turned out to be the 16-year-old, who weighed just 41 lbs., and begged not to be returned home.

kutv.com
CARSON CITY, Nevada Investigators in Carson City, Nevada have arrested a woman, her boyfriend and grandmother and charged them with locking a girl and her brother in a bathroom for years.

Investigators say officers found a what looked like a small child pushing a grocery cart filled with food and when they talked to the girl, they found out she was 16-years-old, only weight 41-pounds and claiming that she had just run away from home. Officers say the girl pleaded to not be returned to her home.

Police found the girl's brother, who is eleven, and say the boy only looks like he's five years old. Officers found the boy hiding under a bed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I saw this story, and the bottom just dropped out of my stomach. Apparently, there were three other children in the home that appeared to be normally developed and properly cared for. They were placed in protective custody

I just don't understand what motivates people to do this sort of thing. As more details come out about this story, perhaps I will gain some insight into how this abuse gets started, who is targeted, what the outward signs are, and how to nip it in the bud.

new topics

join