It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 'Peak Oil' a scam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hydra123

NASA said 2005 was hottest on record & someone said something about methane
please don't, we've already done enough damage to the environment.

OK, that's the end of my little rant

Methane will get into the atmoshpere without our help, see f.ex.

hhrol.50g.com...

and it doesn't remain in the atmosphere forever, because it tends to react with oxygen...

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

When are we going to start implementing all these alternatives?

No need as oil is actually plentifull and could be very cheap if a few nations did not depend on high prices for their economic survival. Alternatives are great and they should be implemented but that is another topic alltogether.

The more & more I look at this the more depressed I get, I don't even think the peak matters anymore, it doesn't look like there will be enough supply to meet demand THIS year with exploding demand from asia.

That is simply not true as you would have noticed if you read any threads on this forum

Iran & venezuala have both said this week they are looking for reductions in their exports, iran said 1million barrels a day.

Only to those countries who threaten, or support those who threaten, them with violenece for not doing as their told.

Add in Iran saying if they are referred to the security council they are stopping all oil exports. They also hinted at stopping exports from the straits of hormuz, that would be 25% a day of supply gone.

Only to some western countries who think they can intimidate other with the threat of violence.

Whether you think it's a scam or not your about to see an energy crisis in action if things go bad with iran, quite possibly in the next couple of months if not sooner.

Well a energy crisis that has nothing to do with oil in the ground obviously has nothing to do with how much oil there is in the ground. I dont understand why your relating the two issues?

Here's an example of how disconnected people are from reality, I switched on the tv yesterday & seen some idiot economist saying the EU won't impose sanctions on iran's oil
This idiot thinks the eu can impose sanctions while iran happily keep selling us oil
Not gonna happen...
Now we have countless other idiots believing that idiot

When countries are that dependent they do not have many options so mabye they should not try intimidate their suppliers of cheap energy? Iran with nuclear weapons will change nothing!

Guys, you need to open your eyes, as I've already proved, Corsi is obviously a disinfo agent. There are many more like him, some like corsi have an agenda while others believe the # they spew cos they arent informed enough on the subject.

You do not seem well informed enough on this issue to start calling anyone a disinformation agent. If you want to list your reasons and sources for that sort of speculation i will certainly listen but untill then i suggest you stop pointing fingers.

NASA said 2005 was hottest on record & someone said something about methane
please don't, we've already done enough damage to the environment.OK, that's the end of my little rant

While ranting may be fun you should at least base it on something abit more solid than this! Well i would like to see you clarify yours views as i dont see where your coming from.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
That is simply not true as you would have noticed if you read any threads on this forum

To be honest I havent read anything on this subforum, (ie peak oil subforum at ATS) the thread caught my eye on the homepage.
On reading the thread I discovered the thread starter had believed Corsi's argument about the field depth of oilfields in vietnam.

I listened to that so called debate & corsi was full of #.

You do not seem well informed enough on this issue to start calling anyone a disinformation agent. If you want to list your reasons and sources for that sort of speculation i will certainly listen but untill then i suggest you stop pointing fingers.

You should have read my post.
How about this from the thread starters post...

In fact, Ruppert’s logic was so faulty that it eventually became laughable. For example, at one point Ruppert claimed that oil has never been recovered from depths lower than six miles in the earth. But his debate opponent – Jerome Corsi – disputed this notion by explaining how oil has been located 8-10 miles below the surface in Vietnam’s Tiger Fields. When Ruppert sarcastically asked how much oil this locale was actually producing, Corsi responded, “Over one million barrels a day.”

Now here's a quote from an article by Corsi published Dec 1st 2005

The White Tiger oilfield is at a depth of 5,000 meters

Don't believe me, see here www.wnd.com...

Well i would like to see you clarify yours views as i dont see where your coming from.
Stellar

Let's clarify things then, I think your getting the impression I'm american or english
imo iran should be left alone to build their own energy, if they want weapons I don't #ing blame them, if I had assholes threatening me I'd tell them to get #ed too.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by hydra123]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
Methane will get into the atmoshpere without our help, see f.ex.

I know, already is

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

To be honest I havent read anything on this subforum, (ie peak oil subforum at ATS) the thread caught my eye on the homepage.
I listened to that so called debate & corsi was full of #.

Well i guess corsi felt that he could tell one or two lies if Ruppert chose to tell a few dozen.

You should have read my post.
How about this from the thread starters post...

I am aware of that but if Ruppert did not know enough to refute the claim one has to wonder about his qualifications.
Corsi was probably confusing Kola SG-3 with White tiger field as that's the only wells that we know of that goes that deep.

Now here's a quote from an article by Corsi published Dec 1st 2005

I saw and am happy that your willing to back your claims; it's a rare thing!

Let's clarify things then, I think your getting the impression I'm american or english
imo iran should be left alone to build their own energy, if they want weapons I don't ***** ( just trying to help
) blame them, if I had assholes threatening me I'd tell them to get #ed too.

Well i got the impression you did not do as much reading as you should have but i reckon you would be willing to do so with time. Every country has the right to defend itself from foreign aggression and if we then end up with more war that's just too damn bad. If we are not going to build a world on individual, and by extension national, self defense we are heading for disaster and endless suffering anyways.

While your for individual and national self defense we could probably get along just fine.

Stellar

[edit on 27-1-2006 by StellarX]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well i guess corsi felt that he could tell one or two lies if Ruppert chose to tell a few dozen.

hehe, I'm not going to ask you what those few dozen lies are, I'm not into arguing or debating.

I see what your saying though & I don't take what Ruppert says as fact, I've read his book & seen his documentarys, well except for his last one, "Denial stops here", I downloaded it & watched half of it till I got pissed off listening to him & switched it off.
In saying that, I believe Ruppert is nearer the money than Corsi, just imo

Every country has the right to defend itself from foreign aggression and if we then end up with more war that's just too damn bad. If we are not going to build a world on individual, and by extension national, self defense we are heading for disaster and endless suffering anyways.

I couldn't agree more

Take it easy mate...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join