It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 'Peak Oil' a scam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Mike Ruppert's Peak Oil Flop
by Victor Thorn

At long last, due to Mike Ruppert’s inept, borderline impotent performance on George Noory’s Coast-to-Coast AM radio show last night (January 12, 2006), we can safely say that the peak oil hoax is now dead-in-the-water --- R.I.P. And anyone who listened to this broadcast knows full-well why Ruppert’s strawman arguments are nothing more than Big Oil propaganda.

In fact, Ruppert’s logic was so faulty that it eventually became laughable. For example, at one point Ruppert claimed that oil has never been recovered from depths lower than six miles in the earth. But his debate opponent – Jerome Corsi – disputed this notion by explaining how oil has been located 8-10 miles below the surface in Vietnam’s Tiger Fields. When Ruppert sarcastically asked how much oil this locale was actually producing, Corsi responded, “Over one million barrels a day.”

[snip]

One of the biggest scientific hoaxes of all times is that oil is a fossil fuel which has come into existence via some convoluted biological process that no one seems able to adequately explain. But this scam – with its built-in fallacy of scarcity and shortages – was concocted by the Rockefeller oil and banking cabal, and is now being perpetuated by one of their shills – Mike Ruppert.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Feel free to add your own thoughts.

[edit on 23/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mike Ruppert is quite right. Those WorldNetDaily guys who are saying oil is not organic hardly have any facts that support their abiotic oil nonsense.
Peak oil is deffinately real, more and more oil experts are warning about it. The question is, when will Peak Oil occur. Some are saying oil production has already peaked, others think it will be before the end of this decade, while others claim its still decades away.

The following article is a must read for anyone who reads topics in this forum:

What they don't want you to know about the coming oil crisis (Jan 20th, 2006, The indipendent)
More and more mainstream papers are reporting about peak oil.

I suggest you read some books and articles on the subject yourself, instead of relying on one article from WorldNetDaily. Just look at all the nonsense they're posting about Iran lately; "MOST DANGEROUS
NATION ON EARTH" pff...give me a break... Even if they have nuclear warheads, their missiles can't even reach Israel, and definitely not the EU or the US.

[edit on 1-23-2006 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Also a word of Caution, there are alot of apocophiles on the Peak Oil side of the coin as well who seem to look foward to the day when our societ will crumble into dust(in their opinion) For a very balanced view check this site out...

peakoildebunked.blogspot.com...

[edit on 23-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Those WorldNetDaily guys who are saying oil is not organic hardly have any facts that support their abiotic oil nonsense.

WND "guys"? That article is by one guy that is posted on WND and saying that he doesn't "have any facts" leads me to believe that you didn't read the entire article.

Peak oil is deffinately real

Why, because you say so?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ive read many nonsense articles about abiotic oil on WND.

Why, because you say so?

No because the former head of Saudi Aramco sais so. (and numerous other oil geologists)

I wonder when a similar report will surface about the actual Saudi oil reserves: Kuwait oil reserves only half official estimate-PIW...

[edit on 1-23-2006 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Ive read many nonsense articles about abiotic oil on WND.

Let's turn that around:

"Ive read many nonsense articles about 'oil comes from algae' on such-and-such."

No because the former head of Saudi Aramco sais so. (and numerous other oil geologists)

I wonder when a similar report will surface about the actual Saudi oil reserves: Kuwait oil reserves only half official estimate-PIW...

I guess you missed this article:

PIW's Kuwait report 'not accurate'
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006

Kuwait City

A senior Kuwaiti oil official has cast doubt on the accuracy of a report by industry newsletter Petroleum Intelligence Weekly (PIW) that the Opec producer's oil reserves are only half those officially stated.

'I have no idea where they got this figure from ... I don't think it's accurate,' Farouk Al Zanki, the chairman of state-run Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) said in Kuwait City.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

by Victor Thorn

[snip]

Just think about this notion for a moment. Saudi Arabia pumps 11.5 million barrels of oil a day – every day. How many dead dinosaurs, animals, and plants do you think it would take to produce ELEVEN MILLION barrels of oil? And that’s just one nation’s production for one day! Now combine this figure with every oil producing nation on earth for every day of the year – year-in and year-out. And we’ve been pumping oil since the mid-late 1800’s. Millions and millions of barrels of oil every single day. Where the hell did all those dead animals come from? Who falls for this garbage...?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Did you think the PIW folks just made up those numbers? Its very well known that many OPEC countries have been reporting higher reservers than they actually have.

PIW said the official public Kuwaiti figures do not distinguish between proven, probable and possible reserves.

But it said the data it had seen show that of the current remaining 48 billion barrels of proven and non-proven reserves, only about 24 billion barrels are so far fully proven -- 15 billion in its biggest oilfield Burgan.

As I pointed out earlier, even the former Saudi Aramco head said oil reserves are dangerously overestimated.

Let's turn that around:

"Ive read many nonsense articles about 'oil comes from algae' on such-and-such."

Those articles are actually based on hard facts.

Where is all this abiotic oil? Why has global oil discorveries peaked way back in the 1960's? Why is the US becoming more and more dependant on foreign oil, while there is so much abiotic oil left in the ground?? It doesn't makes any sense.

Half a billion barrels - the definition of a "giant" field - sounds a lot. But since the world is eating up more than 80 million barrels of oil a day at the moment, it is in fact less than a week's global supply. In 2000 there were 16 discoveries of 500 million barrels of oil equivalent or bigger. In 2001 there were nine. In 2002 there were just two. In 2003 there were none.

Kuwait was the first to give in to temptation. They found that their reserves had gone up overnight from 64 to 90 billion barrels. In 1988, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Iran and Iraq all played the same card. Abu Dhabi had been so needlessly conservative that their reserves went up from 31 to 92 billion barrels. They surely must have employed some incompetent geologists. How could they have overlooked 60 billion barrels? Finally, in 1990, Saudi Arabia decided it too had been conservative, hiking its total from 170 to 258 billion barrels.

www.energybulletin.net...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown

by Victor Thorn

[snip]
Where the hell did all those dead animals come from? Who falls for this garbage...?

Millions of Americans as they pay $2.30 per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline every day. Price is dictated by demand, so either there is a handfull of crooked SOBs controlling the price (knowing about this supposed abundance of abiotic oil that is everywhere), or oil (as we were all taught) is a limited resource and we are slowly running out.
I don't have the facts to prove or disprove either theory, but one of them reeks of CONSPIRACY and we all know how those turn out...
Just my $.02.
Regards,
J - DefunCtion

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killtown
In fact, Ruppert’s logic was so faulty that it eventually became laughable. For example, at one point Ruppert claimed that oil has never been recovered from depths lower than six miles in the earth. But his debate opponent – Jerome Corsi – disputed this notion by explaining how oil has been located 8-10 miles below the surface in Vietnam’s Tiger Fields. When Ruppert sarcastically asked how much oil this locale was actually producing, Corsi responded, “Over one million barrels a day.”

Ruppert should have questioned Corsi on it, the Tiger field in vietnam is at a depth of 5000M so apparently it's Corsi who is wrong/misinformed, not Ruppert.
A simple google search would have told you this.

EDIT: Hmm, it seems Corsi was intentionally LYING, he knew the depth of the field www.wnd.com...

[edit on 24-1-2006 by hydra123]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter if oil is fossil fuel or abiotic.

If it's abiotic, how fast does the earth generate the oil?

Oil fields are deemed dry when it takes more than one barrel of oil to pump out another.
If those alleged massive mega oil fields that are several miles under the ground really exist, what type of oil do they contain? Sweet crude oil, heavy sour oil or ... ? and how much energy does it take to pump the oil out of there?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hydra123

EDIT: Hmm, it seems Corsi was intentionally LYING, he knew the depth of the field www.wnd.com...

Good find!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To anyone who flat-out denies the existance of abiotic fuels:

Where do you think did the Methane bound in methane-hydrate came from?

that of course doesn't mean that abiotic oil fields are abundant or easily accessible it just means that denying the stuff isn't as easy as it appears to be.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Sigh, why dont you finish highschool first, and then come back.

Methane is totally different from natural gas or even oil. Its the most simple hydrocarbon and can be found on most of the planets and several moons in our solar system.

Please post your methane nonsense in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

thank you

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I disagree with peak oil.

There is plenty of oil merely the method to extract it is different than what we are accustomed to. Instead of simply drilling and maybe filling a drill-hole with driller's mud we must now drill and mud it as well as bake and heat it to cause "in-sito conversion" to extract the oil.

But this method is inexpensive once an infrastructure is built for it...no such infrastructure yet exists.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Sigh, why dont you finish highschool first, and then come back.

Your condescending attitude does nothing to alleviate the damage my statement inflicts on 'peak oil'.

Gas (guess what, natural gas is essentially methane, so cry me a river) and oil are both hydrocarbons, differing in terms of chainlength.

In the correct environment, chains of hydrocarbons can be fused or broken, as you very well know.

IF this methane's isotopic ratio is abiotic, you may very well encounter tons of abiotic oil of varying quality, but it's not a given, since there's no way to know if conditions were conducive to its formation or not. Of course that's all but irrelevant at this point since methanehydrate itself is available in relative abundance and mining it is perhaps challenging but certainly not impossible.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Your condescending attitude does nothing to alleviate the damage my statement inflicts on 'peak oil'.

If you can call that a statement...

Anyway there are other topics about methane in this forum, it's best to check those out.

Natural gas is not just methane alone. There has been some talk about mining methane, but it's going to be very difficult. There is 3000 times more methane in the arctic permafrost than in the atmosphere.
The problem is, methane is much worse as a greenhouse gas than CO2, also, methane is quite unstable, because large regions of the permafrost are thawing.
If we could 'mine' the methane storred in the arctic regions, this still wouldn't solve the peak oil problem. Producing this methane gas would also be more expensive than normal natural gas production.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Mike Ruppert is quite right. Those WorldNetDaily guys who are saying oil is not organic hardly have any facts that support their abiotic oil nonsense.

Well they might not but then that does not mean there are no facts in evidence.

Peak oil is deffinately real, more and more oil experts are warning about it.

And experts are never wrong and were not warning about peak oil in the 80's and 90's and turn of the century?

The question is, when will Peak Oil occur. Some are saying oil production has already peaked, others think it will be before the end of this decade, while others claim its still decades away.

They have been wrong for 2 decades running so why suppose they will be right this time? That is just logic indepent of any research.

The following article is a must read for anyone who reads topics in this forum: More and more mainstream papers are reporting about peak oil.

And why should we trust mainstream news when the geological evidence i have given you in the past indicates the opposite?

I suggest you read some books and articles on the subject yourself, instead of relying on one article from WorldNetDaily. Just look at all the nonsense they're posting about Iran lately; "MOST DANGEROUS
NATION ON EARTH" pff...give me a break... Even if they have nuclear warheads, their missiles can't even reach Israel, and definitely not the EU or the US.

Why not assume he has read much about it? When i look at what his saying it looks like he knows more about this than you do.

Stellar
]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Also a word of Caution, there are alot of apocophiles on the Peak Oil side of the coin as well who seem to look foward to the day when our societ will crumble into dust(in their opinion) For a very balanced view check this site out...

If think you would enjoy how Dave Mcgowan exposes exactly who these people are and what their motive behind the peak oil scare really is.

www.davesweb.cnchost.com...

I have not read all Dave's work but enough to realise just how much effort he has put into his theories and ideas.

Hope you enjoy it.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
A question for those who think it's a scam.

When are we going to start implementing all these alternatives?

The more & more I look at this the more depressed I get, I don't even think the peak matters anymore, it doesn't look like there will be enough supply to meet demand THIS year with exploding demand from asia.

Iran & venezuala have both said this week they are looking for reductions in their exports, iran said 1million barrels a day.

Add in Iran saying if they are referred to the security council they are stopping all oil exports. They also hinted at stopping exports from the straits of hormuz, that would be 25% a day of supply gone.

Whether you think it's a scam or not your about to see an energy crisis in action if things go bad with iran, quite possibly in the next couple of months if not sooner.

Here's an example of how disconnected people are from reality, I switched on the tv yesterday & seen some idiot economist saying the EU won't impose sanctions on iran's oil
This idiot thinks the eu can impose sanctions while iran happily keep selling us oil
Not gonna happen...
Now we have countless other idiots believing that idiot

Guys, you need to open your eyes, as I've already proved, Corsi is obviously a disinfo agent. There are many more like him, some like corsi have an agenda while others believe the # they spew cos they arent informed enough on the subject.

NASA said 2005 was hottest on record & someone said something about methane
please don't, we've already done enough damage to the environment.

OK, that's the end of my little rant

top topics

<<   2 >>

join