It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks to keep your stuff if economy crashes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
According to this, if the US enters another depression, the banks are supposed to keep valuable metals and other valuables that you may have in safety deposit boxes.

Bank Of America and Compass Bank managers (probably all other U.S. banks too) have been instructing their employees in the last few weeks on how to respond to customer demands in the event of a collapse of the U.S. economy - specifically telling the employees that only agents from the Department Of Homeland Security will have authority to decide what belongings customers may have from their safe deposit boxes - and that precious metals and other valuables will not be released to U.S. citizens. The bank employees have been strictly prohibited from revealing the banks’ new "guidelines" to anyone. (however, employees have been talking to friends and family)

Is anyone friends or family with an employee of Bank Of America or Compass Bank? Can we confirm this?

If it is true, the old fashioned bank might be better - hole-in-ground.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If that report is true what you are saying they are preparing for the ultimate crash. they are going for martial law

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow, this is preparation for martial law if I ever heard it. Is this true?

If it is indeed fact, is this echoed by other financial institutions?

Might be a good time to buy a glock and a steel piggy bank...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This was also discussed at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I said on that thread - this has been done before. This is why many old-timers are found with beds full of cash after they die. Don't trust the banks, just get an in-home safe and don't tell anyone what you have.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hmm, do you think the guys with billions of wad in cash will be affected?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have 25 lbs of gold stashed in the nevada dessert anybody want to know the gps coordinates just in case i can't dig it up?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah, Ill take em...

On a serious note, we should all just learn to grow vegetables. All will be ok with some veggies. We dont need an economy.

But the real serious note is...MOVE. If we are all so sure the economy is gonna collapse and chaos will ensue, then just move somewhere better, like Jamaica...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't think that there will be a collapse of the economy. Nobody has a crystal ball and the actual events are often contrary to what doomers and gloomers believe. So this will be a great year for the economy.

sleep well

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Jamaica? Dude? What about Bahamas, or cayman? Hmm, let's be optimistic. What keeps any economy alive is the confidence of the population

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
WoW! Because all these gloom and doom-sayers are basing their beliefs on what their crystal ball shows them. Maybe their so gloomy because they know it's not long before the country they grew up in changes forever? I agree with them because I have a deeper understanding of the system than most, and it's screwed. Plain and simple, most likely this year.

And hey, not everybody is so gloomy, somebody I like to read up on is actually quite funny:

The Mogambo Guru sez:
Although Halloween is over, you wouldn't know it by looking at total Fed credit, the scary satanic wellspring of fiat money that is destroying our money, the economy and my sleep, as it went up by $9.6 billion last week. If you could see me now, you would probably laugh, as I am typing with one hand, clutching my chest in the throes of a painful heart attack with the other. While in a burst of Amazing Mogambo Productivity (AMP), I’m also gagging up blood, in my outrage and shouting out of the window that our money is being killed, all at the same time. All of this because the Federal Reserve expanded money and credit by almost 10 freaking billion dollars, in one freaking week!

Sleep well

[edit on 23-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hmm, well yes, let's see.. Take your gold bars because the paper dollar is no good, why the hell, I am buying euros. and what the hype and propganda is be: patriotic: buy America, buy us.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well, I am older than dirt and have been listening to doom and gloom for many, many years. I really doubt that any crash is likely, but - as a wise investment strategy it is good to have gold and silver, along with stock, bonds, and real estate. That way, if one sector tanks, hopefully the others will be OK.

Of course, it is nice to also invest in a gun or two in case the economy and/or the US destroys itself. That way, if you are hungry you don't have to grow vegetables because there are those tender, juicy neighbors that we all have -

Mmmmm - roast neighbor.........................................................

[edit on 24-1-2006 by sacrifice]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is that all you people in AK have to eat in case of disaster?

However, with a little hot sauce....

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Putting all the eggs in one basket is never a prudent move, and I would advise anyone cautious in mind to pull out about a quarter to half of your bank holdings slowly and keep them in a physically secure location that YOU can access. If nothing happens then groovey, but if the crap does indeed hit the fan then you have enough to give to the morons who believe the money is worth something in exchnage for real goods that are worth owning; after a few weeks with no upswing in the economoy you could expect the desire for paper money to evaporate anyway so get rid of it to tards in the first initial days.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, there is Bambi, the Easter Bunny, and Yogi the Bear. But, many of my neighbors have a little extra "padding" that makes them both tender AND juicy.

Mmmmm - neighbor with hot sauce!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Responses to the points of conversation inthis article. I will follow the numbers of the paragraphs, as they are numbered:

#1. It would seem that many more countries are preparing to assist in the halting of Iranian nuclear weaponry development. We miss that glaringly obvious reason for attack and jump to the dumping of the dollar? Seriously.

#2. Congress changes the statute if that happens. This Sri Lanakan gloom and doom paper doesn't understand American "laws" I see.

#3. Really? We are to believe this from a paper on the other side of the world? I would have thought my local paper would have picked up on this a little quicker!

#4. Here we go with FEMA and its camps again. How, pray tell, are we going to maintain a presence in Iraq, chase down terrorists in places the public doesn't even hear about, still have a presence in the usual partsz of the world, prepare to spank Iran and open up internment camps all over the country? I'm pretty sure someone would have let that cat out of the bag by now, or, if nothing else, I would have seen the job postings in the papers. Wanted. Security officers for internment camps tha tare to be opened country-wide shortly. Must be willing to locate, swing a baton and abuse fellow citizens who are innocent of any crime. Send resume and bench press weight.

#5. Nothing new under the sun, there. What is allegedly new is old stuff. Anyone remember that little thing we had back in the 1860's?
Posse Commitatus aside, the rest of this is not outlandish on its face.

It just might seem to me that this article has a bit of an agenda. Could it be nothing more than a pipe dream, the end of America? I think the very first paragraph in the article makes it perfectly clear what the author's opinion of the U.S. is. Remember that, all you giving Americans; you donated a bajillion bucks to the tsunami relief effort because you are building an empire.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Can anyone verify these claims???

IF this is true; it could be quite a suspicious tidbit

hmmm...

ok; from what ive read ; the "Economy" is suppost to be the amount of products existing; and the state of that economy is the amount of products being traded within said economy

example :: a Good Economy is one that has Alot of Trade occuring
and a "Bad Economy" is one where trade rarely occurs

so what could cause an economy to crash???

well; like during the great depression; the Dust Bowl was ravaging southern farmlands in america; thus destroying enourmous amounts of farmland *since no one rotated their crops*
the disappearance of these goods on the economy; caused the amount of trade to decrease ; thus deepening the depression

of course; with such a complex situation everyone misses a few things
but i believe the great depression officially began when the stock market crashed *Meaning everyone sold all their stock*
PLS correct me if im wrong here , Thanks

ok; so if this all holds water; than back to my original question
What could cause our economy to crash?

--- Everyone on stock market loses confidence in market and sells all their stock, thus crashing it

But ; how could the stock market crashing cause people to just decide one day to quit their job and go roam the streets??
Wouldnt you still go to work the next day?????

Im starting to get really confused about one thing tho;
Ok; if the "Economy" is the amount of products in a system; and the state of that economy is the amount of trade in that system
Than how could america have a depression today or tomorrow without a massive natural disaster??

the way i see it is this; we have all these "Things" laying around
Books cars food houses streets lightbulbs lumber etc etc etc
These are Products that can be bought and sold and used

if these "Products" are the economy; how could it crash if these products are still here?

what im trying to say in my confused banter is this;
The only real way our economy could be destroyed is if we burnt all our possessions including our homes + citys
Then after we have burnt the whole country down into ashes; would our economy be truely "destroyed"

Also on a different note; i had a hypothesis once that occured to me

If the state of the economy is the amount of trade being conducted within it; that wouldnt the existance of ultra rich people who save their $$ and collect more and more and continue saving it *Not Spending*
Than wouldnt the pure existance of these megabillionares eventually eat up most of the $$$ within the economy? thus creating a Bad economy?

If the super rich end up collecting most of the $ , and Not spending it; that will d
hahahahhaha

You know i could be totally wrong with all my suppositions; and im very aware of that prediciment; therfore i suggest anyone who sees the multitude of logical errors within my statements please point them out to me and explain

Im always up for learning something new or refineing my understanding of something
So fire away, im all 'eyes and ears'rastically decrease the amount of trade within said economy thus harming it ; unless of course;
we all use CREDIT
haha

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Uh, oh.
Appears this story has already been found and there is a thread in the website related forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's move the discussion over there.

new topics

top topics

join