It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Military Police Force Set Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Below is a brief article I caught on the BBC news website earlier today regarding the formation of a European Paramilitary police force. Such an initiative is intended for use in unstable countries in times of war and the rebuilding period after such conflicts. The group will contain members of five European nations, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands. In addition to this, other European nations will lend support in several roles.

news.bbc.co.uk
A European military police force is set to be launched in Italy.

The European Gendarmerie will be made up of military police from five EU countries and will be available for peacekeeping missions worldwide.

The non-permanent force will have 800 police officers available to deploy within 30 days' notice and a pool of 2,300 reinforcements on standby.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm the last person to believe all that "New World Order" tosh, but I must admit, even this raised my left eyebrow.

Okay, first of all...Why? This sounds like what most troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are doing right now, why bother? I know some of you may think, "Hell! That's not the troops job to police the streets!" but the British Army & Paras have been doing exactly that for decades in Northern Island.

Secondly, why is it non-permanent force? If it's such a bloody good idea why get rid so quickly? Aren't there more than just a couple of hotspots around the world at any one time? I'm sure they'd be useful in the future.

More worryingly is the fact that they are a paramilitary police force. The word "paramilitary" doesn't go down well in my books...I start thinking Waffen SS.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 1-23-2006 by Valhall]

[edit on 23/1/2006 by FactoryLad]

[edit on 27-1-2006 by asala]

new topics

join