It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adopt a New Member!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I'd love to adopt a "n00b" (I hate that word). u2u me (click "send u2u" at the bottom of my post) and I'll show you around.

Same here, if anyone needs adopting i'm here to help...for some reason my adoptees never u2u me or ask for help....which means i'm either a really good adopter or a really bad one...you decide

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Can you please explain if you have time, what someone would adopt a new person for? What is the purpose, and should I be one of those people adopted since there are many things I lack knowledge in.
I appreciate the time you have taken to read this.
Realorritt

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by realorritt
Can you please explain if you have time, what someone would adopt a new person for?

From the original post:
"adopt a newbie!
are you a new member, confused about the murky ways of ATS? are you a regular willing to give guidance to a new member?"

Basically the idea is that a member who has been around on ATS for a while can provide advice and tips on how to navigate your way around the forum, how to use some of the functions and answer any questions you may have regarding posting, board etiquette and anything else. Any questions you have can be directed to your adopter via u2u (personal message).

The advantage is that it saves the forums from being cluttered up with questions about the board itself (questions that will be repeated each time a new member signs up), saves the mods from answering a million u2u's a day, saves new members frommaking embarassing mistakes and losing heart, and provides a more personal welcome for new members thus making them feel more a part of the community. It also gives "older" members a chance to feel good by helping someone out.

I'd be happy to adopt you. You can send me a PM/u2u to me by clicking the "send u2u" button at the very bottom of my post.

[edit on 2005/1/21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hello. I am willing to be adopted. I joined this site to research Neurocam.com

I woulds like someone who has either heard of this site, and is currently researching about it/knows everything about it, or is willing to learn about alongside me.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hello,

I have been reading ATS for a while and finally joined up.

Testing a post here ....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hello, mortals. Will someone please adopt me? I am cute furry, loveable, and in need of a home(j/k). and if u have an interest in BL i have a post up there.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
heh, dont know why i never posted here before. stupidity, i think.

Anyway, i hereby offer my services for any and all, cool cats preferred.
u2u me for a good time! i also do aim, irc, blogs, barmitzvahs, and kids birthdays!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If someone would like to adopt a strong willed, independent "child" I would be thankful. U2U me.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have adopted, Southern Hemisphere. Wish them luck

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum
I have adopted, Southern Hemisphere. Wish them luck

He couldn't wish for a better ATS father.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
savagecupid is...

MINE ALL MINE! MUAHAHAHAHAHA*COUGH*

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
anyone need a MAMA??? right here babies!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
not a baby, but based upon the avatar, id be your baby anytime!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, since I have none, and have made so many mistakes her by misunderstanding rules, and how to post in bold, italics, and lnks when to put them when not to out them, so my question is who wants me? I?m average.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've been reading here for a while, but just joined up today, love the 9-11
research, and I guess I should be adopted.....

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Newbie in need of guidedance hehe,

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
hi! i'm a "noob" and just haven't had the guts to post yet. i'm one of those people who sits in the corner of a bar and just watches

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
anyone need a MAMA??? right here babies!

Mama I am up for adoptation , I am cute, can change my diper myself and love RAMMSTEIN .

hope thats reason enough to adopt me

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
MorningtonCrescen, there is no way I'm taking you on, I'm to old , I know nouthin, My belly sticks out, I'm up for the dickie- do award... I have no energy to deal with you. So you might be on you own!

O-yes, if your wondering about the Award... It's a matter of my belly sticking out further then my dickie doooooo.
I suspect your going to be fun! Welcome.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This offer for adoption also goes to all the "like to be mothers and father"
hurry offer open till stocks are available...................

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join