It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M3 monetary aggregate no longer publshed by Fed Reserve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What is M3?

M0 (M Zero) is simply how much physical American money is in circulation, both coins and bank notes. M1 is M0 plus all the money that's in a bank that someone could withdraw immediately (usually known as "checking" accounts). M2 is M1 plus other types of accounts, including money markets and smaller CDs (under 0,000).

M3, the one that will no longer be printed, is M2 plus Eurodollars. While Eurodollars sounds like plastic money used at EuroDisney, it actually refers to dollars being held in non-American banks (originally most dollars held overseas were in European banks, but "eurodollars" could just as easily be held in China).

M3 will not be published after March of 2006 by the federal reserve. This is happening at the same time Iran goes to the Euro for its sales of oil.

Something is not right about this. I feel that much more than oil is going to go up in price.

Others concerns about this?

Just one of many reports here

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is a very interesting article it brings me back when I took economics many moons ago. The article actually brings a good point.

One of the conspiracy about the Iraqi war was that Saddam was going to “Go Euro” on his oil imports.

Now the article tells that Iran another country with vast oil reservoirs is going to do the same.

And now we have seen the treat that he has become to the world, perhaps the treat is not on “Nuclear capabilities” but far worst too the US economy and the oil barons.

I imagine that if they are planning to they most be stop just like Saddam.

Iran had originally scheduled to open its bourse (or stock exchange where oil could be sold and bought in Euros) in 2005. That obviously hasn't happened, but now the date is set for Spring 2006. Exactly when the Fed says it will stop printing statistics of how many dollars are in existance overseas.

I agree that US has been paying a lot of attention to Iran “Evil doings” lately, but to be honest I guess is a reason why Iran wants to arm themselves with nuclear weapons, perhaps to protect their natural resources from the evil oil barons of the world and from the countries that they come from.

I guess when it comes to money and power only the few are allowed to control the markets.

Great article.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Indeed, dude. The Fed wants to hide anything showing money growth high enough to fuel inflation, just so people won't know how bad it is and possibly react and thus make it worse. The collapse of the U.S. economy is coming. We're about to reach our debt cieling of $8.184 trillion here real soon, as we are currently at $8.162 trillion. Hedge funds are getting shaky, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are already groaning under waves of defaults, which went up 13% in december. When, not if, those financial institutions implode, you can kiss many, many major banks and all the derivative-holdings so many others have good-bye.

www.sibernews.com...

Basically no longer reporting M3 will do away with proof that we're financing our own debt. Purchases of U.S. Treasuries through the pprivate Hedge Fund industry, where purchaser's identities aren't revealed, greatly outweigh those of central banks of foreign nations. I wonder why

It's no wonder why any of this is going on. Just how many know it is, though?

[edit on 23-1-2006 by bigpappadiaz]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Fed's decision to end publication of the M3 is also discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com... (open)
and here
www.abovetopsecret.com... (closed)

Please feel free to add your comments to the above open link.

closed

top topics

join