It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Spins Against George Galloway.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Anyone who has been watching the latest Celebrity Big Brother show in the UK should be concerned about how a reality TV show can appear to actively edit and change the rules of the game to discredit one person, namely leftwing firebrand and Respect MP George Galloway.

Make no mistake this man has powerful enemies and Endemol (the production company) and Channel 4 have shown themselves to be the tools of powerful British establishment figures.

The witch hunt has been going on since before the Iraq war but with the complicit help of Endemol the Britsh Illuminati seem to be close to getting there pound of flesh.

Perhaps Galloway should have known better than to go into the house but the argument that he is neglecting his constituency by being away for three weeks when many MPs take much longer away for "fact finding missions" and other junkets is false.

As a member of a minor party he saw this opportunity to speak directly to the people little did he know that any and every political utterence would be edited out completely, alledgedly due to broadcasting guidelines which limit political discourse if a counter view is not proportionally given. No one in the house apparently disagreed with him but instead of making the balance up by inviting opposing views on the Channel 4 schedule (normal practice) his views have been censored.

Of course this hasn't stopped the rest of the media (virtually all of the print media and even the BBC) from taking this opportunity to assasinate his character everyday.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was when Endemol changed the rules of Big Brother for a minor infringement of the rules by Galloway and another housemate who were made to nominate 3 housemates while being watched, unbeknown to them, by those who they were nominating.

They found out that the others had been watching only when they returned to the housemates. There then followed a great deal of discussion about those nomination some of it acrimonious by all housemates and yet it was Galloway once again who had his private thoughts on the matter read outloud to everyone else.

He has now been nominated by the the housemates and the Britsh Sheeple have been goaded into voting against him. He will be going

This is political assasination of the crudest kind. It is rigged by endemol on behalf of god knows who.

Galloway is not shy of taking people to court on such matters.

I am not a big Galloway fan myself but this has not turned me against him. I now see him as a victim of a sinister campaign to silence him.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Politician or not, the current "Evil" concept of the latest incarnation of the Big Brother programme has it in for everyone.

At the end of the day, it makes good television to see someone with egg on their face.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I am not a big Galloway fan myself but this has not turned me against him. I now see him as a victim of a sinister campaign to silence him.

The man is a fool and deserves anything he gets, after all he chose to go in there out of his own free will/greed. Lets not forget he did this to raise his own profile and probable to make more money. Myself i do not belive he should of been allowed in as a). He is not a celebraty (then again none of them were) and b). he has a important role in the comunity and he could not do that while in the house.

They did not treat him any worse then they treated Barrymore or Rodman or any of the others.

new topics

join