It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: NrKy Language Tapes: Hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

PODcast: NrKy Language Tapes: Hello!
NrKy makes an attempt at a language tape, by demonstrating how to say 'hello, my name is nrky' in 13 different languages.
22050Hz, 56kbps Mono.

length: 01:56
file: btstpod_1300.mp3
size: 795k
feed: btst

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You left out Irish!! Very nice Japanese by the way, though people tend to say "watashi" rather than "watukushi". Blokes tend not to use it though, it's a feminine and only for polite conversation word. Just "Nrky desu" is sufficent, or use "boku" or "ore" instead of "watashi".

If you are that into langauges, sign up for the JET programme to Japan or come teach english, there is plenty of work here. Even for goths.

Here is the Gaelic Irish for hello.

Hello my name is Nrky

Dia Dhuit, Nrky is ainm dom.

(dee-a-gyuit, Nrky iss a-num dum)

Can we have asking for beer in all those respective languages please?

Here is the Gaelic Irish.

Guinness, le de thol!

(Guinness, le dhe hull!)

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nice! Good job on getting all the pronounciations right and everything as well. That can be tough.

I found a link with free lessons on how to speak Mandarin, in MP3 form, but I have no idea where it has gotten to.

And as always, hooray with the infinite global conciousness . ssensuoicnoc labolg etinifnI

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

PODcast: NrKy Language Tapes: Hello! (reply 1)
BH says alphabet and numbers in Spanish. Don't miss this one! (yawn)

length: 01:02
file: btstpod_1305.mp3
size: 426k
feed:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Howmuchisthedoggy: I'm actually working towards being able to work in Japan, as we speak. I'm trying to find a job so that I can have all my debts paid off, and have some savings so that I can move to Japan. I tried getting a university degree but it was boring me senseless, I'll try again in a few years after I've used up my work visas in Japan.
Most of my japanese has come from watching wayy too much dorama, and listening to way too much jpop/jrock, as well as pimsleurs courses. I wanna take some classes that train you for the JLPT1, and take that before I go to Japan, but the 600 kanji you need for it will take a while.

I also left out heaps of other languages that I could have done, like gaelic, welsh, tagalog, maaya, etc.. because I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce them. My german pronunciation is terrible, but at least I can vocalise that in my head, I wouldn't know where to start with gaelic (and the dialects), but I'd loooooove to learn how to speak the language of my ancestors, welsh.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

PODcast: NrKy Language Tapes: Hello! (reply 2)
NrKy recites the radio/military phoenetic alphabet, counting to 25 in three languages, and a present for Howmuchisthedoggy.
22050Hz, 48kbps Mono.

length: 03:03
file: btstpod_1308.mp3
size: 1074k
feed:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
wow. I'm SMRT.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
LOL parhesia, don't speak any languages other than english, do we?
Contribute some american slang terms then, so that non-americans can understand your lingo better.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by nrky]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrky
LOL parhesia, don't speak any languages other than english, do we?
Contribute some american slang terms then, so that non-americans can understand your lingo better.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by nrky]

I can add something to this, too, but I accidentally uploaded my podcast for "get to know you ATS podcasters" to this thread.

I could always try my best to speak "canadian"
Will try something tomorrow

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

PODcast: NrKy Language Tapes: Hello! (reply 4)
Conas a ta tu? Ta me go maith a bhuachaill, agus tu fein?

length: 02:44
file: btstpod_1319.mp3
size: 641k
feed:

new topics

top topics

join