It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: 23 Iraqi Police Applicants Found Dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
After being rejected as potential Iraqi police officers, 23 men were abducted and executed. They were found, partialy buried about 50 miles north of Baghdad. It was the culmination of an extremly violent weekend. There were also an additional 23 Iraqis murdered this weekend in attacks focused mainly on Iraqi policemen and government officials.

cnn.netscape.cnn.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Insurgents fired rocket-propelled grenades at a policeman's home northeast of Baghdad on Sunday, killing his four children and his brother and raising to at least 23 the number of Iraqis killed in attacks this weekend.

Also Sunday, police found the bullet-riddled bodies of nearly two dozen men abducted last week north of Baghdad after being rejected entry into a police academy, officials said.

Elsewhere, the bodies of prominent Sunni Arab tribal leader, Sayid Ibrahim Ali, 75, and his 28-year-old son, Ayad, were found in a field near Hawija, 150 miles north of Baghdad, police said. They were shot as they left a funeral Saturday.

In the central city of Mashru, police found the bodies of two blindfolded men who had been shot in the head and chest.

U.S. soldiers, meanwhile, killed three gunmen firing from several cars north of Beiji, 155 miles north of Baghdad, on Saturday, the military said Sunday. Six Iraqis were detained and soldiers destroyed four cars after one was found rigged for use as a car bomb. Twelve other people were reported killed in sporadic violence on Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The "terrorists", "insurgents" or whatever you want to call them need to realize a few things. First of all, we want out as bad as they want us out. The continual murdering of their own people is not going to make this happen any sooner.

Secondly, this is not the way to garner any support for them or their "cause". I believe that the people of Iraq have the right to govern themselves as they please, but killing innocent civilians, or humanitarians is not the way to open the world's eyes.

I hate the fact that war is neccesary. But, unfortunatly it is. However, if these people were genuine in their intent, I dont understand why they wouldnt try a different approach, like laying low and waiting untill we thin out the troops, or leave all together. Then prepare a civil war, and have at it.

Alls that they are doing now, is prolonging our stay, disgusting the rest of the world, and losing.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by spliff4020]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
When people come from other countries to fight us, they have no problem with killing the locals. It isn't as if it is there own families that are bring killed.
Wasn't it lovely how they shot up the cop's house and killed his children? Yeah, this is really doing a lot for Allah. Orderly society is a threat to Allah, so these cops' children must be killed. Having an orderly government that is to be representative of the people is a bad thing, too. No Creator would want that!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If these guys were able to know who was rejected, that means that they were specifically targeted and that they have moles within the police and government. I think most people already agree that this is the case, but this is a depressing potential verification. In other attacks, they're just hitting, possibly known police convoys and stations, but here they've apparently gotten a list of who even tried t become police.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I completely agree with Spliff, TC and Nygdan.
You all are spot on.

Also - The insurgent terrorists are the ones keeping
us in Iraq. We'd have everyone home by now
but we are still there and it's THEIR fault.

They are idiots. Murderous idiots.

And definately not friends of their Islamic brethren.

[edit on 1/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This also speaks poorly for our presence there. Rejected or not, these people tried to volunteer for the government, and this is what they got in return? This is the "tyranny" we are suppose to be freeing them from? With the desperate need for police there, I'm surprised anyone is turned away. Those are true muslim martyrs, not the idiots with the bombs in the backpacks.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I agree with the Don Imus (Imus in the Morning Radio Show and broadcast on MSNBC early morning) view of this whole mess. We should release Saddam Hussein from prison, say, “Sorry about the kids”, give him back his country, pullout our troops and let him cleanup the mess. Only he’s capable of doing this, whereas we obviously aren’t.

It shows you how short sighted our leadership is, and how ignorant they are of Middle Eastern culture, to have gotten us into this mindless quagmire in the first place. The things they do for re-election …

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yes, Netbound, that is a wonderful idea!
He can reopen the plastic shredders, place children in prison again, allow the rape rooms to start up (sans his sick sons) and make the place a terrorist hideaway again. He can also help out with the terrorist training again, and since those who are attacking are the ones who want him back, things will go right back to the lovely way they were again!

Man, Dom is so...so..so smart!

And, the troops' lives will have been in vain. Another great thing.

apc

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

We should release Saddam Hussein from prison, say, “Sorry about the kids”, give him back his country, pullout our troops and let him cleanup the mess.

Actually, that's a great idea! We'll need someone to go to war with in a decade or so, right?! I mean... give them back their sadist, they'll all spend a few years killing eachother off and wasting their ammunition, then we go back in and plant our flag for real.

On second thought... let's just invade Tahiti. I hear it's nice this time of year.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If these guys were able to know who was rejected, that means that they were specifically targeted and that they have moles within the police and government.

When I read the headline, this was my exact thought.

I remember there was some discussion a while ago about trying to keep insurgence out of the Iraqi Police Force and such, but it was all kind of hushed and ignored.

Either, its some pretty high up people, or some clerk kind of job dealing with paperwork...

posted on Feb, 25 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
...if these people were genuine in their intent...

I don't think there is any question of the genuineness of intent, but rather a question of intent. It seems to me that what the "insurgents" fear most is a stable, democratic Iraq. The intent is to foment chaos until such time as a dominant faction emerges. Iraq is a gigantic turf war and just like the turf wars here or anywhere else, the players are not soldiers or warriors, they are thugs with no values beyond their own greed and glory. Iraq is up for grabs and there are what, about three billion muslims to recruit from. This is going to be a very long war. The only real question for the Western world is where will this war be fought.

new topics

top topics

join