It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda Combo Meal - Syria Hates US but Loves KFC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This made me laugh so hard the first time I read it...

Apparently Syrians, by and large, dislike America and what it stands for, but can't stop talking about how much they love the colonel's fried chicken.

abcnews.go.com...

The U.S. flag serves as a doormat to an office and nearby merchants announce "we boycott American goods," but some Syrians can't seem to keep away from American fast food at the new KFC fried chicken restaurant.

"I oppose American politics totally, but what does food have to do with it? Politics is one thing, and food is something totally different," Tareq Mashnouk, a 26-year-old fashion designer, told Reuters.

*snip*

"To be honest we were surprised they opened this American restaurant in the midst of our political situation," said Tareq Farzat, 25, adding that he liked his Chicken Burger Combo and would definitely return to KFC with his friend Kalam.

Oh man, this story is funny. It looks like the MSM finally stooped to poaching stories off the Onion reporters' walkie talkie frequency.

Either that, or a corporate news propagandist and a Gov. WoT news propagandist got together one dark night and cooked up the ultimate in propaganda news technology. It sells a product, and a war! Wowee!

Seriously, am I the only one who finds this story freakin' hilarious?

[edit on 23-1-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
i find it condradicting and ignorant. y? b/c most fundamentalist leading the jihad claim the reaon behind the jihad is because the west is westernizing they're country. and most western traditions go against the muslim beliefs. y they may be very passionate about this apparently they're "supporters" are very ignorant of the reason why they should hate america. honestly i think this shows mass hysteria, and or just plain ignorance.

at the same time i cant say the same for all of us in the west b/c i mean most of us are just as ignorant to the media as these muslims are to they're "leaders" and "jihadist"

ps...fast food is a def. symbol of westernization.

join