It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was my Dad connected with Area 51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just found this website aftering searching for the name of the county in Utah where I was born. I was born at the Air Force Base in Wendover, Utah found out the county is Tooele.

My Dad (a career man) always did top secret work as far back as I can remember. He would leave & Mom would say she didn't even know where he went or when he'd be back.

I was less than a year old when he was transferred (1946) to Roswell & must of been at that base a few years since my 2 brother where born there in Mar 1947 & May 1949. Daddy was a bombedier (where is spell check when I need it)? Somewhere I remember Daddy leaving for or coming back from the Korea war. All I remeber is a huge air plane on a runway & the bright orange sun coming up just above the tarmack.

By the time I was about to start kindergarten we were on a base briefly in Sacremento & then ended up at TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE also in California. I remeber always being at or seeing SAC signs everywhere. After he retired in 1957 ot 1958 we lived in Concord, CA & he worked at Areojet General in Walnut Creek, CA.

There has been a slow smoldering in my gut ever since I was 10 or 11 wondering why Daddy was never there to help Mom.

Can anyone point this newbie in the right direction to start a proper trhead about the subject?

Thanks in advance, Daddyslittle girl on the Gulf Coast

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Not sure what to tell you. I think your post is in the right place. My father worked for Texas Instruments for 30 years and always came home saying that..." You know I can't talk about what wer'e building". I know how you feel

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyslittlegirl
...where is spell check when I need it...?

Here it is:

www.iespell.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I should change my name to THE WORLD'S VERY FIRST BABY BOOMER! I too am senior citizen status. I came into the world 5 weeks early on dusty sandy WENDOVER AIR FORCE BASE when the wind blew Mom & Dad's trailer over.

Please forgive my typing, spelling, word finding errors & lack of attention span (all leftovers from a stroke in 1999).

Glad to have met you Grady!

Donna

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
My pleasure, Donna, but be careful. I'm a controversial character.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe he was having an affair. There was a lot of that goin on back then.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissension
Maybe he was having an affair. There was a lot of that goin on back then.

Well thank you for your effort to help a new member settle in. :shk:

DLG, I also come from a military family and this isn't uncommon. I actually had major issues around this. It's since been dealt with though.

Welcome to ATS.

top topics

join