It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I challenge you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Those are not stars but rather debris or dust particles from Apollo 16. They are elongated thus indicating they are in close proximity to the spacecraft. Stars would be completely masked by the apparent magnitude of Earth

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Ah, yes, with a normal camera in space you can take images of the Earth or Moon from space, but not with a space based telescope or an interplanetary probe.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Debri and Dust Particles? What?

Let's assume that's what these white things are, so... would you say the same thing about this one too?

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Yes, look closely.... Also notice that there's a filter used as the color is a bit off and the photo is a bit dark.

Is there anyone up to the challenge rather than trying to disprove how "impossible" this is?

[edit on 22-1-2006 by promomag]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
it depends on the length of the exposure, ok so what's your point? You've obviously have come prepared and I respect you for that. But what is the real reason for this challenge?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
BTW - This picture is not taken from a Telescope on Earth. It's from Clementine.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Not a very good photo at that since there are many other photos from clementine that are much much clearer and in color.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The point: I love space pictures!

And I'm very surprised by the responses!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
How about this one.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

from your own site that you have been quoting. from voyager.

There are stars visible in this photo.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yes thank you, I've seen this photo already, kinda obvious huh?

But, it's a crappy photo to be honest with you, even the gray scale moon photo with stars from clementine is much better.... and that's what I'm looking for, better quallity photos.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
That might be the case, but I believe I met your criteria in your initial post.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Indeed you did, and I must say through tooth and nail I pretty much had to give it away.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Umm I can't take the sort of pictures that you want, but if you have a way of putting a filter over the moon and earth to allow the stars to show up better it might work. I don't have the technical expertise to do such a thing. I am sure it can be done tho' If you take your own pics of the moon on a time exposure and develop the prints yourself you can use a method called 'dodging' to keep the exposure of the moon limited on the paper and allow the stars more developing time. Its an old print trick. I am not sure how you would do it with a digital pic. but if you have a telescope and want to take your own pics that way it can be done.

Sorry I can't help you more.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This image was taken by Voyager as it left the Earth-Moon system and looked back. It was the first picture taken by a spacecraft which included both the Earth and Moon

Mods: Sorry about the large size, but I felt it was needed to show the stars in the background. It's also showing what I believe to be interstellar dust clouds.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I dont really understand the point of this thread...At first I thought you wanted pictures of the earth or moon with stars to see if it was possible...then, what to me basically seemed like ya kinda ambushed everyone by posting pics of the moon with stars around it.

Anyway...Yes, of course you can have pictures of stars by the moon or earth...It all comes down to resolution.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think people are thinking of the typical moon hoax point that the photos ON the moon had no stars in them.

If you take a long enough exposure, you can get both earth, moon, and the background stars. heck you could even easily do it with multiple exposures. Taking one of the earth at normal speed, then block out the Bright earth/moon and over expose so you can get the back ground stars.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't understand the thread anymore.

Challenge:
Show picture of earth and moon with stars.

Orginal poster has clearly done so, so why are pictures still being looked for? What is the point now?

If Promomag is implying the moon landing was fake, which i have not seen him do, then I would think the arguments against there being a picture of moon and starss or earth in stars would hold...technology was definately not what it is today.

But still, all i gather is this is a thread to post pictures of stars and the moon or stars and the earth?

However, while looking i foudn this picture...

Wow, wouldnt you feel like you were on top of the world?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join