It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on Bob Lazar -- by George Knapp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

Basically, I believe that he is telling the truth as he knows it.

I don't think that's much of a cop-out. I think that's a fairly eloquent way of expressing optimism toward Bob's version of events. There are probably still quite a few unknowns -- I think George is smart to state what his basic beliefs are, based on what he's learned, and leave the door open if more is ever learned.

you mean leave the door open for speculation - so he can keep writing books and making money.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Briggs
ive heard George on the Art Bell show , tell Art Bell that he didnt believe in Lazaar or his story . Actually ive heard him say this several times in the past few yrs.

If that were the case (and not just your perception of what he said based on what you wanted to hear, most likely) I think that fact would have been published somewhere.

I've seen quite a few of your posts on the Serpo thread -- it would be very helpful for you to point us to something that backs up some of your statements, rather than just state them as fact. Perhaps you could locate something George has written or an interview we could listen to that supports what you say?

I'm not trying to argue with you over your assertion with regard to George's position on Bob Lazar. But I dont' find it very credible unless you can point us to a source that attibutes your statements to George Knapp. If you can't, then you might want to rethink whether your statement is accurate.

As for the Skinwalker book. I think George is probably doing ok in his day job. I don't think he would stick his professional neck out too far unless he felt he was giving it an accurate portrayal.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

you mean leave the door open for speculation - so he can keep writing books and making money.

Um.. no. But thanks for putting words in my mouth (or at least trying to). I'll stick with what I said. If you want to claim it's a way of selling books, then attribute that statement to yourself.

But since you want to make statements... do this..

Find me a book that George has written on Bob Lazar. I honestly don't know whether there is one or not... but if you want to reinterpret what other people say, the folks on ATS will ask for something that reconciles what you say.

Just to get you started, here's a link to Amazon.com's list of books authored by George Knapp. Freaky, huh? No book on Bob Lazar. Maybe you'll have better luck finding one?

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Centrist]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Um.. no. But thanks for putting words in my mouth (or at least trying to). I'll stick with what I said. If you want to claim it's a way of selling books, then attribute that statement to yourself.

But since you want to make statements... do this..

Find me a book that George has written on Bob Lazar. I honestly don't know whether there is one or not... but if you want to reinterpret what other people say, the folks on ATS will ask for something that reconciles what you say.

Just to get you started, here's a link to Amazon.com's list of books authored by George Knapp. Freaky, huh? No book on Bob Lazar. Maybe you'll have better luck finding one?

[edit on 27-1-2006 by Centrist]

hehe first of all , i never said he wrote a book on lazaar.
and if you have read my post/statements on this web site, then you know that ive always kept my post positive atleast for the most part and tried to
help people keep an open mind on the various subjects .

2nd) can i prove what George said ?. course not . i heard it on the radio and i didnt record it . BUT having said that , if you go to the Coast to Coast am web site , they do keep records of sorts ,of the shows . that you can download ... Or on the same web site Is Mr Art Bells E-mail address along with George Norry and Ian punnet.....Im Sure that If you sent a Email to Mr Art Bell , he would be Glad to Answear your question about George Knapp.

Ive seen Mr Knapp on Tv many times and have heard him on the Show With Art Bell - not George norry many times in the past and recently .

And ive heard exactly what he said what about Bob Lazaar.
But like i said , if you want proof Postive then Send an email to Art Bell or download some of the past shows .

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

ive heard George on the Art Bell show , tell Art Bell that he didnt believe in Lazaar or his story . Actually ive heard him say this several times in the past few yrs.

If that were the case (and not just your perception of what he said based on what you wanted to hear, most likely) I think that fact would have been published somewhere.

I've seen quite a few of your posts on the Serpo thread -- it would be very helpful for you to point us to something that backs up some of your statements, rather than just state them as fact. Perhaps you could locate something George has written or an interview we could listen to that supports what you say?

I'm not trying to argue with you over your assertion with regard to George's position on Bob Lazar. But I dont' find it very credible unless you can point us to a source that attibutes your statements to George Knapp. If you can't, then you might want to rethink whether your statement is accurate.

As for the Skinwalker book. I think George is probably doing ok in his day job. I don't think he would stick his professional neck out too far unless he felt he was giving it an accurate portrayal.

This author has really turned up the heat here at this ATS forum subject.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The only real issue I have with the Bob Lazar story is that I haven't personally watched a video or listened to anyone who can verify the allegations he made. If there was also a fellow former employee of Area 51 that came out and backed Lazar's claims up but also verified small things such as the colour of certain areas within the Area 51 base or were there any unusual markings on doors or within S-4 for example. If someone else did come out and their and Lazar's accounts matched then we would be onto something. Personally I'm on the fence in regards to Lazar as I, like the rest of us are not privy to the information George Knapp has gained or his sources. I think Lazar (if his story is/was true) could have really lifted the lid on aliens and UFO's. He virtually had the opportunity to do so but for one reason or another he's been extremely quiet in the past decade or so.
edit on 12-6-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lazar has always come across as an honest guy,...this communication from Knapp helps me lean more toward the idea that Bob is, for the most part, telling the truth,...(as it was presented to him...)...even
Bob admits that he may have been a victim of psi-op,...Bob's input in this field has helped forward the legitimacy of the subject as a whole...imo

The only thing that smells a little of Knapp's update is his dismissal of Cooper,...that seems untoward...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r

There's been so much false, inaccurate, or just plain fabricated information passed around over the years, it's impossible to tell what elements are truthful and which are not.

This is too true and what makes it worse than the people spreading this sort of thing, is the people who actually believe it, thus we have an ever expanding circle of rubbish being filtered through the ranks.......Chinese Whispers for the gullible !

I agree with you on Lazar though, but I don't think we've heard the last from him yet.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by timb3r]

Well some do bite on this story or that.....just as planed. Dont know why we cant understand better that old ways of muddying up the waters are classic and old run of the mill in the UFO field. You see the same methods used in other important areas with a lot of info flying around. Anyway just as important to see whos pushing the story as the story itself. And it should never be a surprise to anyone that the UFO field is full of misinfo.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Is Bob Lazar still active in the UFO community? I haven't heard much from him in a few years.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by havana
His response about Bob seems like a cop out...

You know, Knapp is not obligated to come on here and talk about this, only to be castigated about what he says or doesn't say. Our agenda is not his agenda and if he's a busy guy with other things to do, well, that just means he has a life and doesn't have the time nor the inclination to hang out on ATS.

The Lazar story has been told and analyzed many times. basically it's a three-part story.

1. What he said he saw and did at Area 51.
2. The public documented Lazar story including his pandering charge.
3. What he says his backlground and schooling were.

The first part of the story is inhernetly un-documentable, but much of thre stuff does check out. It's not impossible for him to have seen and did what he said.

The second part of the story is well documented by other people, including even court records.

The third part of the story does NOT check out. This goes well beyond the idea that his records were somehow doctored. You simply cannot be in two places at once. This UFO Watchdog article has some links to further information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join