It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[video] Buzz Aldrin being questioned about Moon Landing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Props to old punchy there.
Someone going to get up in my face and accuse me of # because they think they have some sort of hidden truth. Pffft. People think they are protected by PC Mad props to aldrin!

and a theeeeeeeeeeeeeef.

hahaha bastard!

I enjoyed the instareplay punching

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
he got knocked the **** out....haha, good job buzz. He deserved that.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Yeah, that guy has had it coming for a while.....and to think it came from an older man HAHA! He deserved to get the crud knocked out of him. Wether or not the moon landing actually occured it still instilled pride in the american people not to mention others around the world, and created hope. It doesnt matter wether or not it really happened now...yeah it would be interesting if proved false, but it cannot be changed. That guy should drop harassing people and get a life.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Buzz should have started punching him out. I dislike folk who try and intimadate old people.
If the moon landings were faked, so what?
No one cares. Our respective governments lie to us on a daily basis. This is just one of the bigger ones.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsite
I don't see how the ufo sightings and base was seen on the moon since the moon landing never took place. Where did this idea start, it sounded understandable, until I saw two movies about the moon hoax and did some more research.

Where did the preposterous idea of the moon landing being a hoax derive from? Where's the evidence? If space was too dangerous for humans to travel, howcome numerous missions have flown up to space via the shuttles? I doubt they've faked the footages. Also if what you're saying is true then Richard Branson's proposed 'Virgin Galactic' trips to space are doomed. Would he seriously invest such money in a project where radiation would be lethal?

Originally posted by Mindsite
It's horribly obvious it was a hoax. In fact there's nothing really to prove it could of happened. The space radiation on the moon is so high you'd need 4 feet of lead around your body to live, not a thin little bubble suit. It's all fantasy.

I think what's fantasy are peoples claims the landings were faked, only because they look for a conspiracy when there is none. I guess people will say WW2 never happened next

It's horribly obvious you're on the wrong track. How do you know the radiation in space and on the moon is too lethal? Bush even proposed a new mission to the moon and mars.

Originally posted by ANOK
The biggest thing that makes me suspicious of the moon landings is why they haven't been back. In fact the space programe seemed to go backwards in technology after the moon landings, because they never really had that technology to begin with?

Well it's all too easy to get sucked into the conspiracy angle. Although i think you 'll find there's practical reasons for why we frustratingly haven't been back to the moon. Mainly funding - For a mission to the moon would reach into billions of $ . It's unfeasible to keep going to the moon unless there's a real purpose. We've already mapped the moon, identified possibe future landing sites and retrieved samples to study. What else is there to do? The only point of going back would be to attempt something new. Which is to establish settlements and colonies on the moon.

Check this..

External Source
Between 1969 and 1972, the United States launched seven Apollo missions to the Moon. In six brief Moon visits, 12 American astronauts walked on or drove “buggies” along the Moon’s surface, returning to Earth with loads of scientific data and more than 600 pounds of Moon rocks. In three robotic vehicle missions between 1970 and 1976, the Soviet Union also returned several rock samples from the Moon. By studying these rocks, scientists learned how and when the Moon was formed, and in recent years, we have found out just how important the Moon is to life’s origin on Earth. Since 1972, however, no human beings have visited the Moon. Actually, we have not ventured beyond 250 miles up since then, but that will soon change because of NASA’s “Moon, Mars, and Beyond” Vision for space exploration. Learn from NASA researchers how people Americans and others will go back to the Moon to stay for long periods. Find out about the important research and experiments that will be done there, like looking for water, so we can prepare human beings for long journeys to Mars in the next 30 years.

Space technology has advanced fairly slowly, or at least in terms of new craft and propulsion. I'd blame this more on a lack of urgency, perhaps not enough competition. Look at the rate of inventions from WW2, that derived from NECESSITY. There's no space race which has made NASA fairly lax in planning a mission to the moon. However if you check the NASA site, you'll find plenty of information on it!

[edit on 22/1/06 by Flyboy211]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The most weird thing about the NASA moon landing pics is about the stars. In the moon (less atmosphere) we should see more stars than here and in the NASA pics we cant find.

[edit on 23/1/06 by lnxsys]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That is one of the oldest, and easiest to answer. It's all to do with exposure times, try taking some pictures outside on a starry night of a lit object and see how many stars are in that.

Checkout

www.badastronomy.com...

www.clavius.org...

To get you started, or just look for the thread entitled 'An end to the moon conspiracy' here on ATS in the Space section.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Where did the preposterous idea of the moon landing being a hoax derive from? Where's the evidence? If space was too dangerous for humans to travel, howcome numerous missions have flown up to space via the shuttles? I doubt they've faked the footages. Also if what you're saying is true then Richard Branson's proposed 'Virgin Galactic' trips to space are doomed. Would he seriously invest such money in a project where radiation would be lethal?

The Shuttles stay very near Earth, mostly 200 to 500 miles altitude. The moon is over 260,000 miles away, beyond the Van Allen Radiation belt. Passing through this would be deadly, or at least dangerous. The moons surface is not protected by an atmosphere. The spacesuits would not be effective protection. Besides that, can someone explain how the airconditioning units in the suits worked in a vacuum anyway. I believe thats a little impossible. Something to do with thermodynamics I think!!
I think America is going to have a problem when the Chinese are set to go to the moon. Their failure will surely get questions asked.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
Besides that, can someone explain how the airconditioning units in the suits worked in a vacuum anyway. I believe thats a little impossible. Something to do with thermodynamics I think!!

think about that comment for a moment. the air inside the suit is not in the vacuum of space. that's like saying the a/c in the shuttle wont work because of the vacuum of space.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
All I'm gonna say is when we get back there sure are gonna be a lot of people eating crow. Hope they got a few recipes for dirty bird!!

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Besides that, can someone explain how the airconditioning units in the suits worked in a vacuum anyway. I believe thats a little impossible. Something to do with thermodynamics I think!!

think about that comment for a moment. the air inside the suit is not in the vacuum of space. that's like saying the a/c in the shuttle wont work because of the vacuum of space.

NASA insists the space suits the astronauts supposedly wore on the lunar surface were air conditioned. An air conditioner cannot, and will not work without a heat exchanger. A heat exchanger simply takes heat gathered in a medium such as freon from one place and transfers it to another place. This requires a medium of molecules which can absorb and transfer the heat such as an atmosphere or water. An air conditioner will not and cannot work in a vacuum. A space suit surrounded by a vacuum cannot transfer heat from the inside of the suit to any other place. The vacuum, remember, is a perfect insulator. A man would roast in his suit in such a circumstance.

NASA claims the spacesuits were cooled by a water system which was piped around the body, then through a system of coils sheltered from the sun in the backpack. NASA claims that water was sprayed on the coils causing a coating of ice to form. The ice then supposedly absorbed the tremendous heat collected in the water and evaporated into space. There are two problems with this that cannot be explained away. 1) The amount of water needed to be carried by the astronauts in order to make this work for even a very small length of time in the direct 55 degrees over the boiling point of water (210 degrees F at sea level on Earth) heat of the sun could not have possibly been carried by the astronauts. 2) NASA has since claimed that they found ice in moon craters. NASA claims that ice sheltered from the direct rays of the sun will NOT evaporate destroying their own bogus "air conditioning" explanation.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
how do the "we never went to the moon" campers explain the mirror that was placed on the moon that we bounce signals off of to measure the moons movements etc ?
sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Scientists who analyze data from the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment have reported some watershed results from these long-term experiments, begun 25 years ago when the Apollo 11 astronauts deployed a reflector array in the Sea of Tranquillity. "Using the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment, we have been able to improve, by orders of magnitude, measurements of the Moon's rotation," said Jet Propulsion Laboratory team investigator Dr. Jean Dickey. "We also have strong evidence that the Moon has a liquid core, and laser ranging has allowed us to determine with great accuracy the rate at which the Moon is gradually receding from the Earth."

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It is quite possible that the mirror could have been part of an unmanned mission. Until I see pictures of the landing sites, with the the landing gear visible, and the lunar rover, I'm a skeptic. I just don't feel that the technology existed at the level required. And I can't get over the problems with air conditioning and radiation.

Even now it will take years of planning and preparation to possibly "return" to the moon by 2018. But we did it safely numerous times in the late 60's and early 70's. In less than a decade we perfected moon travel to meet Kennedy's challenge. But today we think we can "return" by 2018. Hmmmmmmmm!!! Kinda strange given today's superior technology!

Well anyway I'm thru here. I refuse to join into another Moon debate. They go on forever and nobody ever wins lol. Maybe we did go. Maybe we didn't! Peace all! I'm out!!
Jeddyhi

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Well anyway I'm thru here. I refuse to join into another Moon debate. They go on forever and nobody ever wins lol. Maybe we did go. Maybe we didn't! Peace all! I'm out!!
Jeddyhi

post your opinion and run before anyone can disagree with you. yup, that's the way to remain ignorant.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
One-sided replies like yours, that refuse to see evidence from both sides, is exactly why I don't stay invloved in these meanlingless debates. Maybe if you would address the issue of the air conditioning instead of ignoring it, you could find someone to play with you.

Ignorant, huh? You resort to insults I see! Since this shall be my last post in this thread , let me close with this. There exists not one single photo of Neill Armstrong on the moon. Oh, there is a man in a suit, but always with the gold visor down to hide the face. Not one pic of Neill on the moon smiling for the world to see. I'll let you try to figure out why.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
OK, show evidence the mirror was placed on the moon by an un-manned mission.

did we really land rovers on mars ?

are we really sending a probe to pluto ?

is the hubble a hoax ?

ATS : a universe where the moon landing is a hoax, but John Titor is real

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

One-sided replies like yours, that refuse to see evidence from both sides, is exactly why I don't stay invloved in these meanlingless debates. Maybe if you would address the issue of the air conditioning instead of ignoring it, you could find someone to play with you.

you specifically said that you were not coming back. why should i have bothered to follow up on your comments when you made it clear that there would be no point?

as far as the a/c is concerned, you are just dead wrong. please explain how that hot air cannot be vented into space? the space shuttle (and the ISS) do it on a daily basis (when the shuttle is up). how is it that it wouldnt work in a space suit, but will in a space craft? what about the cordless jetpacks that the shuttle astronauts were using for awhile in the eightees? explain that.

Ignorant, huh? You resort to insults I see!

i think you'll find that this site was founded to "deny ignorance." if you believe that calling someone on their ignorance is an insult, then your at the wrong place.

Since this shall be my last post in this thread , let me close with this. There exists not one single photo of Neill Armstrong on the moon. Oh, there is a man in a suit, but always with the gold visor down to hide the face. Not one pic of Neill on the moon smiling for the world to see. I'll let you try to figure out why.

you think maybe it could have had something to do with protecting the astronauts eyes?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Jeddyhi said:

"..... An air conditioner will not and cannot work in a vacuum.
.......The vacuum, remember, is a perfect insulator."

This is false. Heat energy can be RADIATED.
The sun warms the earth through the vacuum of outer space.

Nifty space suit stuff here:
www.astronautix.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Yes, but he saw TWO MOVIES that proved the landing didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindsite

This:

The space radiation on the moon is so high you'd need 4 feet of lead around your body to live, not a thin little bubble suit. It's all fantasy.

The radiation in space and the Moon.
Not weather the van Allen belts can be traversed.
Russia had instrument on the Moon first, what did they tell us.
Did the US or NASA publish hard X-rays and gamma rays or
any Cosmic Rays or any high levels.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join