It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[video] Buzz Aldrin being questioned about Moon Landing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
For those of you who ever thought to raise question about the authenticity of the Moon Landing if talking with Buzz Aldrin.

I introduce this video:

(view in browser)
Buzz

(Save As only)
Buzz

So is that a reaction of someone hiding a conspiracy or someone protecting their pride?

Side Note and serious question:

Why does Neil Armstrong rarely talk about the moon, it's always Buzz that fields questions about the landing?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What about the third guy? How come no one ever talks about him, interviews him, or even remembers his name?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Buzz knows how to take care of serious business!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
What about the third guy? How come no one ever talks about him, interviews him, or even remembers his name?

because michael collins did not walk on the moon. he remained in the orbiter the entire trip. not that i agree with leaving him out of the conversation, but that's why most people do.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

because michael collins did not walk on the moon. he remained in the orbiter the entire trip. not that i agree with leaving him out of the conversation, but that's why most people do.

be a bit of a bummer travelling all that way to the moon and not being able to walk on it. i wonder if he saw any ufo activity from the orbiter as armstrong supposely saw on the ground?

[edit on 22/1/06 by voodoo child]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

If it wasn't for Collins, they wouldn't of got there or got back alive. I bet if you ask any child about Apollo 11, they won't know the 3rd guys name. They probaly wouldn't of even known there was a 3 guy.

He left NASA in January 1970, around after Apollo 11. Maybe he saw stuff in orbit or even structures on the moon and didn't like how NASA keeped it from the public.

He was described at the time as "the loneliest person on or off the planet." When the Command Module was on the opposite side of the moon, he was at least two thousand miles away from his fellow astronauts, and over two hundred thousand miles from the rest of humanity back on Earth.

I feel so bad for him.

[edit on 22/1/06 by Nventual]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't see how the ufo sightings and base was seen on the moon since the moon landing never took place. Where did this idea start, it sounded understandable, until I saw two movies about the moon hoax and did some more research. It's horribly obvious it was a hoax. In fact there's nothing really to prove it could of happened. The space radiation on the moon is so high you'd need 4 feet of lead around your body to live, not a thin little bubble suit. It's all fantasy.

If they were recorded saying stuff that seemed alien related, mayby it was from just the crust of space orbit before they came back, cuz I don't think they even went through the "van halen"(sp) belt. It's a radiation barrier that sorround the earth, and they tried to blow a whole threw it in the 1960's I beleive and now, they have another radiation belt 25 x stronger. We humans are good at losing our potential possibilities of earth for good. But yeah, they wen to orbit and came back, mayby the space hero's saw some spooky stuff out there ship, and the recordings came from that. They faked photography with walt disney's help on the side, did it quick, did a bad job, and the slip ups are atrocious.

mod edit: Do NOT circumvent the censors

[edit on 22-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I don't blame the guy for hitting him. I probably would in the same situation.

Think about how many conspiracy nuts go after him daily calling him "liar, (coward and a thief calling the kettle black - where the guy got this from is beyond me..) " without any more evidence than the moon landers brought back.

This guy was goading for a reaction and I for one hope he got hurt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about whether it happened or whether it was a hoax to compete with USSR or whatever... the fact remains that If I was hasseled about anything (true or false) on a daily basis that infringed on my rights as a human then I am gonna swing!

To be honest, I beleive that they never made it there originally, it was in my opinion a propoganda tool to scare the USSR and promote US support (why would US Space program be so desperate to get back to a rock they have already been to?)

The space radiation on the moon is so high you'd need 4 feet of lead around your body to live, not a thin little bubble suit. It's all fantasy.

I was not aware that radiation on the moon was greater than that in space as spacewalks have taken place in these same suits andI also was under the impression that the moon had very little atmosphere..

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsite
I don't see how the ufo sightings and base was seen on the moon since the moon landing never took place. Where did this idea start, it sounded understandable, until I saw two movies about the moon hoax and did some more research. It's horribly obvious it was a hoax. In fact there's nothing really to prove it could of happened. The space radiation on the moon is so high you'd need 4 feet of lead around your body to live, not a thin little bubble suit. It's all fantasy.

If they were recorded saying stuff that seemed alien related, mayby it was from just the crust of space orbit before they came back, cuz I don't think they even went through the "van halen"(sp) belt. It's a radiation barrier that sorround the earth, and they tried to blow a whole threw it in the 1960's I beleive and now, they have another radiation belt 25 x stronger. We humans are good at losing our potential possibilities of earth for good. But yeah, they wen to orbit and came back, mayby the space hero's saw some spooky stuff out there ship, and the recordings came from that. They faked photography with walt disney's help on the side, did it quick, did a bad job, and the slip ups are atrocious.

If the moon landing was faked, how did the landers and rover get on the moon that you can see with a half decent telescope.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The biggest thing that makes me suspicious of the moon landings is why they haven't been back. In fact the space programe seemed to go backwards in technology after the moon landings, because they never really had that technology to begin with?

Exploration of the moon stopped because it was impossible to continue the hoax without being ultimately discovered. And of course they ran out of pre-filmed episodes.

www.mt.net...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
okay, the guy called buzz, who is a veteran and a national hero, a liar and a coward...after being told repeatedly to back off. dude got what he deserved.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
yeah, look at the look for anger on his face. if your good with people you can see..MORE than just a man hiding something...you can see someone who might not of been born when that happend telling him it was fake.
he went to the moon.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

If the moon landing was faked, how did the landers and rover get on the moon that you can see with a half decent telescope.

Do you know of any Pictures? of this that you can post?
I have never heard of ANYTHING being seen, even with all the cameras there are in space..thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

For those of you who ever thought to raise question about the authenticity of the Moon Landing if talking with Buzz Aldrin.

I introduce this video:

(view in browser)
Buzz

(Save As only)
Buzz

So is that a reaction of someone hiding a conspiracy or someone protecting their pride?

Well I did get the opportunity to ask him, while sitting next to him during dinner a few months back. Obviously he didn't hit me, or any of the other people that asked him about it. I think the key difference was that I didn't behave agressively and corner him while he was with a member of his family. I didn't call him a coward and a lier either.
Neither did I try and tell him he didn't go to the moon.
For that matter, nor did I constantly stalk him and try and trick my way into his presence, like Sibrel did on various occasions to him and the other astronauts.
And that's why I got to spend about 4 hours talking to him about the Moon missions, space exploration and life in general (oh and congratulating him on hitting that moron) over a quiet and respectable meal, while people like Bart Sibrel get a punch in the face.

As to Armstrong and Collins, they don't do much because they don't want to. You have to remember these people arn't movie stars, they are military men and scientists. They were doing a job that they didn't even get a lot of money for, was something special and amazing - but still a job.
Saying that, I've met a lot of TV and movie stars too and most of them are pretty subdued and shy in real life, always wary of what they say incase someone tries to twist it and publish it. And they arn't part of anything grand that could be a conspiracy.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Your first link only shows people milling around outside, then it stops.

I found some links that may provide some info:
www.healthyhearing.com...
(this is about hearing, but also discusses his time as an astronaut)

news.bbc.co.uk...
(he escapes assault charge)

www.moonhoax.com...
(here he says he WAS on the moon)

en.wikipedia.org...
(FWIW)

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
he should have put the boot in as well.

Maybe the video was faked by the same guy who apparently faked the moon landings.. who knows..

Surely Sibrel should have charges pressed against him for harrassment?

Anyway, I think it went no further because the courts are aware of what Sibrel is, an attention seeking zealot who is appears to be more qualified being a crash test dummy than being an investigative journalist.

What a waste of oxygen.

(I mean, what kind of person films himself using a camera..

Sibrel, you are a laughably conceited jounalist... (ew I feel so very unclean now..).

[edit on 22/1/06 by Klepto]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
Sibrel, you are a laughably conceited jounalist... (ew I feel so very unclean now..).

Don't be so horrible, I don't generally like journalists but tarring them all with the same brush as this guy is just unacceptable!

What a waste of oxygen.

I think you'll find that vegetables, being plants, consume Carbon Dioxide...

I still never figured out why the video he released was mirrored (as someone pointed out in another thread the numbers behind Dr Aldrin are reversed like in a mirror), maybe he was going to use it as some sort of 'evidence' to show Dr Aldrin is left handed but used his right hand to do something else... I wouldn't put anything past this guy..

Oh yeah, this cracked me up. I was on another forum a while back and someone on there who, like most people, thought approaching Dr Aldrin with a bible and telling him to swear on it he went to the Moon (which is what Bart did) was ridiculous actually emailed Bart a copy of the Bible and told him to place his hand on the monitor and type out a reply saying he swears he believes all his crap.
Funnily enough, he didn't. So either he knows he's a lier or like any normal person he would never stoop to such a level as to comply with such a ridiculous request. Either way's he's a loser... Sorry I mean on a loser...

I'll try and find the forum again some time, there were some good replies from dear Bart on there to emails others had written him showing him the error of his rather poor reasoning. All I can say is the man is highly unreasonable, ignorant and very, very rude.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Don't be so horrible, I don't generally like journalists but tarring them all with the same brush as this guy is just unacceptable!

Only refering to him as a journalist made me want to whip out the bleach and wire wool and scrub the flesh off my body..

He gives other journo's a bad name.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

Do you know of any Pictures? of this that you can post?
I have never heard of ANYTHING being seen, even with all the cameras there are in space..thanks

Honestly, I believe that the moon landings did happen. BUT, to all the people saying that you can see the landers/rovers with a telescope check out this site.

Not sure if it has been posted before but this is a neat site, check it out.

This an exert from the web site that I linked to.

While you can't see any of the hardware left on the Moon (seeing one of the lunar rovers from Earth would be like trying to see a grain of sand on a beach while flying high overhead in a jet airliner!), you can identify some of the craters, mountains, and other geological features near the landing sites.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by ReginalBigsby]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

Why does Neil Armstrong rarely talk about the moon, it's always Buzz that fields questions about the landing?

Let me put this in perspective for you:

* Armstrong was asked this very same question NOT JUST THIS ONCE BY SIBREL. Sibrel has showed up with the same "in your face" (and nastily) question at almost EVERY appearance by Armstrong.
* Armstrong has answered him politely in public dozens of times and to the point of irritation. Sibrel has gotten increasingly nasty and unpleasant.
* The whole thing was staged by Sibrel to make it look as if Armstrong was hiding something. He harrassed him earlier that day.
* In fact, Sibrel has stalked ALL the astronauts.
* Armstrong blew up. Heck, [b]I would have blown up if some whacko showed up with a tv camera and accused me of lying about something I did... not once but a hundred times an dogged my footsteps. I only wish he'd hit him harder.

If I'd been there, I would have whacked Sibrel, myself.

And as others said, it was Armstrong who walked on the moon.

<<   2  3 >>

join