It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA and My kids.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown

Originally posted by scoobdude
If you ask me this is the type of teaching that should be taught inschool

I disagree - this is the type of thing that should be taught at home by loving parents, not people who work with 30+ students and get a new set every year.

Unfortunatly, not all parents care for their kids as much as you do scoobdube, so the school has to attempt to teach a lot of things that should be taught at home and then spread themselves too thin - and nothing gets accomplished.

---Pineapple

While I do agree and understand your point, Kids are not taught how to survive in the realworld as it is. Much less a highly chaotic one. So i guess at home would be a better place (provided the teacher is adequite and patient).

In the above situation i guess it would be best for them to get the training (if defense training not just run and hide in the bunker across the street) and then get them out once you feel "an incident" coming on.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Check out the cartoon image of plane at upper left of this page:

www.fema.gov...

Note the white puffs as engine exhaust. I've never seen a cartoon jet plane being portrayed in this way. Does anybody else think this might be a oblique reference to the chemtrail phenomenom?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Very interesting observation starviego

The plane also has a funny look on its face. No smiling jet for these kiddos, we get a "uh-oh" glance at white gas coming from this airplane.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss for coming up with an explanation

---Pineapple

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
While I think that the particular examples scoobdude listed are the kind of things parents should teach (and I think they're excellent methods, myself) rather than schools, I feel that the principle he is stating - teaching children independence and to think and reason - are what schools should do. Rather than just stating facts and saying "If you believe otherwise, you get an F.", they should have more research. Rather than one source, they can search through multiple sources and report on their findings. I think that, in addition to other changes, would make the average intelligence level skyrocket.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It is interesting to see that as things change, the more they stay the same. Most, but probably not all, of you, did not grow up in the dreary period of the cold war. In the 1950s and about half of the 1960s, I was in school. We used to have to dot the "stop! Drop! and Roll!" and the nuclear war defense maneuver, "Duck and Cover", also using our desks ...

I laugh now, because in the greater scheme of things, most of the defensive procedures that we had would have been woefully inadequate, at the very least.

Having been in the throes of combat (ala Viet Nam), the very last place I would want to be when the shooting starts is in an ill lit room hiding under my desk.

Living in Missouri offered some blessings in disguise, as it were. We have a number of very large natural caverns in our state. At one point, apparently, some of the school districts had a plan whereby the students were issued dog tag style identifications with family information, etc stamped on them. The plan was that, in case of nuclear war, the students would all be transported to some of the various natural caverns until such a time as all clear or a rendezvous point could be worked out with surviving parents.

I sincerely believe that taking charge of your children is a good thing, but not necessarily for the same reasons. It isn't always the "Bad Guys" that want to take charge of your children... More often than not, many of the parents in school districts see the schools as another method of shirking the responsibility for raising their children The school districts (at least the better ones) see the need for plans to deal with catastrophic responsibility.

I am not defending them, only saying that they are dealing with relevent reality in the only clunky legal/logical ways that they can within the framework of our current society.

If you are psychologically and knowledge-wise, able to home school your children, then I applaud you. It is, however, an extremely tough "row-to-hoe" requiring vast amounts of time, discipline, and constant improvement of your own knowledge and capabilities.

K, I hope your efforts pan out well.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
PHEMA, also known as PHEME, PHEMES

PHEME: Goddess of Gossip.
The last daughter of GAIA, she is a terrible winged creature who delights in ruffling feathers. Her own feathers are never still; beneath every one is a prying eye, a pricked ear and a wagging tongue. She flies from place to place at great speed, gabbling and screeching lies and half-truths to any that will listen.

www.godchecker.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
DEFINITELY get your kids out of public schools! I've heard stories around the Internet where kids are having drills--they're supposed to all get on a bus (D.C. area I think) and be taken to a secure location--WITHOUT the parents knowing their whereabouts!

I plan on homeschooling my son; he just turned 4 a couple months ago.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join