It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish Firm Accused of Sponsoring Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was on the BBC World Service website and found this article about a Danish firm selling T-Shirts bearing the initials of well known terrorists groups as their logo. The terrorist groups that are being sponsored are the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) as well as the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine(PFLP). The firm is called Fighter and Lovers and says for every T-shirt they sell they will donate 5 euros to the respective groups.

news.bbc.co.uk
A Danish fashion firm is to sell T-shirts inspired by rebel fighters, with proceeds to go to militant groups.
The T-shirts have as logos the initials of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (Farc) or the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).

The firm, Fighters and Lovers, says it will donate 5 euros (£3) for each T-shirt it sells.

The Colombian government has protested to the Danish authorities over the sale of the T-shirts.

"Financing terrorist groups is unacceptable and goes against all the international norms," Colombian Foreign Minister Carolina Barco told private Caracol Radio on Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is complete garbage I can't believe their is even a chance of this going through. I mean in the article it says that they could be prosecuted under EU law and they should be. People need to grow up and get over their childish infatuation with left-wing revolutionary movements and look at them for what they really are. They are nothing more than organized crime syndicates they claim to be fighting for a revolutionary ideal. They are murderers plain and simple.

[edit on 27-1-2006 by asala]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah but that crap has been sold for years and hasn't made a whit of difference except to single out the people that wear them as sympathizers. They usually get the opposite effect from what they want to get - they get scorn instead of respect.

I guess to them, someone wearing a shirt with a flag on it is just as offensive.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A lot of people nowadays seem to have such "love for revolutionaries" and want to deny the truth about "revolutionaries" and the truth of what their wars have caused to the world.

Such people describe "revolutionaries" as "humanitarians" and the "defenders of the people" yet few of these people, if any at all, have seen nor lived what "revolutions," and what the crazy idiots that try to "spread such propaganda throughout the world," have done to many of the people, including entire nations, these "revolutionaries" were supposed to help. More often than not these "revolutionaries" have made things worse for everyone, including the common folk they proclaimed they were going to help.

BTW, "revolutionaries" tend to "preach" against "imperialism" yet they themselves are trying to "supposedly" spread a new economic system, a new government (either one is not really new btw). That, in itself is "imperislism" which is also called "expansionism," and "revolutionaries" are known for trying to spread their revolution to any and every country they can, mostly in violent ways. Ironic huh?

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Exactly and more often than not the new system that is imposed is far more restrictive and authoritarian than the one it replaced.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Oh my.

[sarcasm]
Now that is some SERIOUS Terrorist Supporting these Danish Firm is Accused of. I mean to sell T-Shirts to Famous Terrorist Groups is totally UNACCEPTABLE! How dare they. That goes against every International and Humanitarian Law and Convention! Filthy Terrorist Supporters!

Hang Them!

[/sarcasm]

Meanwhile the REAL Terrorists Supporter States can get away with just about EVERYTHING they do - yet somehow news like this attract the Attention of People.

How Convenient!

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sarcasm aside souljah the selling of these T-shirts does violate not only US law but also EU law. We can go back and forth on who's really the bigger threat terrorist groups like Al Queda and the FARC or George Bush and granted the answer to that question probably depends on were you live in the world. However as far as the Colombians and the Israelis are concerned its pretty serious as it doesn't take much money to build a bomb strap it to a young man and send him into a pizzareia.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
[sarcasm]
Now that is some SERIOUS Terrorist Supporting these Danish Firm is Accused of. I mean to sell T-Shirts to Famous Terrorist Groups is totally UNACCEPTABLE! How dare they. That goes against every International and Humanitarian Law and Convention! Filthy Terrorist Supporters!

Hang Them!

[/sarcasm]

It's not against the law to sell T-Shirts (unless they have Nazi symbols on them I think) but it is against the law to fund terrorist groups which is what this organization is planning to do with the proceeds from their sales.

[edit on 28-1-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Sarcasm aside souljah the selling of these T-shirts does violate not only US law but also EU law. We can go back and forth on who's really the bigger threat terrorist groups like Al Queda and the FARC or George Bush and granted the answer to that question probably depends on were you live in the world. However as far as the Colombians and the Israelis are concerned its pretty serious as it doesn't take much money to build a bomb strap it to a young man and send him into a pizzareia.

Seriously - this Danish Firm Selling T-SHIRTS is a SMALL FISHY, in the Ocean of State Sponsored Terrorism, where the Big Lead always have the so-called Civilized and Democratic Societies, which have supported MORE Terrorist Regimes in past 50 years then all the small countries like this Denmark Story. They are just TOO Weak for such Geo-Political Actions - and remember, Terrorism is NOT the Weapon of the Weak, but the Weapon of the Strong, only the Strong have also a Strong Propaganda Machine and they are able to Hide that and Distort Reality to the point that Suits them most.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Okay but I cuold say the same thing about these so called freedom fighters. They fight their revolutionary campaigns by blowing up planes filled with innocent people or assassinate public officials as a way of frightening people into obedience. And they finance their campaigns by other reprehensable acts such as kidnapping for ransom or narcotics trafficking. Now you say George Bush is no different. Well honestly I'd be hard pressed to disagree with you. But you should hold the FARC and PFLP to the same standards that you hold Bush to.

new topics

top topics

join