It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dam Codecs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
PLEASE HELP!!!

Recently I reformatted my pc and before doing so, copied a video to another pc. After reinstalling windows I installed DivX and tried to play the video. Only problem is there isnt any sound! I have tried installing different players to fix the problem but it still doesnt work.

Is there anyone who knows which codec I must download to fix the problem. I know a player called VLC works but I need the codec itself.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Get GSpot and it should tell you the codecs for both sound and video. The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack has probaly every codec youll ever need.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You probably need the ac3 audio filter. Still I would rater use VLC or mplayer compiled for win32. Codec packs often mess up more than they help. You can find win32 mplayer here.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bracke
You probably need the ac3 audio filter. Still I would rater use VLC or mplayer compiled for win32. Codec packs often mess up more than they help. You can find win32 mplayer here.

i agree, mplayer is the best all-around media player i ever used. i never used the windows version but im sure its not all that different from the linux version.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by radioactive_liquid

Originally posted by bracke

i agree, mplayer is the best all-around media player i ever used. i never used the windows version but im sure its not all that different from the linux version.

The graphical part of the win32 port is pretty broken and you can't configure all the needed goodies from the gui as development is in It's early stages. But yes mPlayer rules for the Xbox and GNU/Linux.

top topics

join