It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Cooper - now he seemed genuine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

it is a shame he died - however, he did have the foresight to indulge ufologists? with a few interviews, what he had to say seemed to me more compelling - in the decades to come, his testomney to me anyway, will be more beleivable then most interviews i see these days.

Your thoughts?

[edit on 21-1-2006 by Im a true sceptic]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think Gordo knew more than what would be acceptable in his social circles. He made several statements about UFO's but I forget in which publication it was in. I also seem to remember that he did an interview on either the Discovery channel or the History channel where when asked if he thought they were real, he stated yes.
I think out of most of the past astronaut corps, he was the most outspoken one and was not afraid to say his mind on the whole issue of UFO's. He was a good man that brought many good ideas to the Gemini Program. R.I.P.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
yes, reason i posted this was because ive just finished watching a program hosted by johnathan frakes (aka as ryker from startrek next generation) name of program is :- "paranormal borderline"

I find it strange that gordon decided to have interviews just before his departure from this plain of existence. (he obviously wasnt after making a book out of these revelations) His moral fibre must have been questioning him day in day out - god rest his soul.

The fact he was in person on this tv program, opens many many questions as to what the astronauts really do see up there.

thumbs up for this valiant gentleman.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Out of The Blue
You should see the stuff that he talks about in the Out of The Blue special. This guy is the real deal. Made me a hardcore beliecver when I heard the stuff that he talked about. Has other special 50 years of denial. He also talks about al sort of stuff. Varry smart man.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
havnt seen this program - id like too.
When you get a guy like gordon doing interviews - you must start asking, id sooner beleive a guy like this than..well, you know the thing id like to say...

Anyone else consider gordon more feasable then the gigabytes of crap that has now riddled the ufo debate in general??

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Out of The Blue
You should see the stuff that he talks about in the Out of The Blue special.

Yeah, I made some videos of his interview from this show a while ago, but he describes an encounter before he was an astronaut. He and others were filming aircraft landings when they saw a UFO land and take off, and were able to get it on film. He goes on in the interview describing that the film was taken and not heard of again. Both Cooper and Mitchell talk about military secrecy in these interviews.

CooperMitchellVideo 1.1MB Low Quality
www.putfile.com...

CooperMitchellVideo 7.6MB High Quality
www.putfile.com...

I just checked these links and they seem to work, but the connection seems slow, so be patient.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I really think that he did not want to leave this world with what he had on his chest. I'm not trying to take anything away from his job or his life in any way but most "death bed confessions" are for the most part genuine. That has been my experience with others I will not mention here.
Acutally, I feel that his service to our nation has largely gone under appreciated. I know an older person who was one of the original engineers on that program and out of the lot, he believed Gordo was being straight-up with his word or explaninations about what he saw and when he saw them.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
I really think that he did not want to leave this world with what he had on his chest. I'm not trying to take anything away from his job or his life in any way but most "death bed confessions" are for the most part genuine.

Gordon Cooper spoke about UFO's long before he died. He even addressed a UN panel on the subject of UFO's in 1985.

www.ufoevidence.org...

Unless you’re talking about something I haven't heard about. How about a link?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic
havnt seen this program - id like too.
When you get a guy like gordon doing interviews - you must start asking, id sooner beleive a guy like this than..well, you know the thing id like to say...

Anyone else consider gordon more feasable then the gigabytes of crap that has now riddled the ufo debate in general??

Well, some people might argue that Cooper was getting senile making random comments about UFOs.

But even if that was true, many times there is much truth behind what senile or dying people say. They are simply speaking out true things from their past that they kept hidden inside all their lives. So I don't think it would really make him any less credible especially considering his level of professionlism.

It's like when right before my Grandmother died at 99 years old claimed that we were part Native American. My family had never heard of that, but when we checked it out and researched, it turned out to be 100% true.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

www.ufoevidence.org...

Unless you’re talking about something I haven't heard about. How about a link?

The link you've given has most of it,
here's a few more with some small details;

4-Q&A's, OMNI Magazine in 1980:
www.holman.net...

CNN 2004 (this site has a UFO button in the menu bar):
www.wanttoknow.info...
---------------------------------------------------------------
and FWIW:
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
mr cooper also said in one interview, think it was on the program i cited in the original post, that one saucer landed with normal rocket fuel thrusters. Excuse me - but doesnt that method of touchdown sound of earthly design??

gl2

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Cooper's biography Leap of Faith discusses his direct, personal encounters with aliens in various places. He also testified for CSETI on video. Apparently, a number of astronauts have had direct encounters, but, often being military officers, they are told to say nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Storey Musgrove

This guys been up in space so many times its becoming comical.
However , he doesnt seem to be so fourthcoming with his own sightings, he always seems to speak in assumptions. Where as most astronauts say exactly what they see up there, this guy seems to always word it in a way - ie "
Statistically it's a certainty there are hugely advanced civilizations, intelligences, life forms out there. I believe they're so advanced they're even doing interstellar travel. I believe it's possible they even came here." -Astronaut Storey Musgrove

But he never says it literally, only in an assumption. Now i ask myself, is musgrove being told to not say it for certain dark goverment groups - or is it he just has been unlucky and hasnt seen these objects in all of his , what 100 odd missions hes flown for nasa?

In eather case i now supply a link to this guys comments :-

members.tripod.com...

Your opinions?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im a true sceptic
Your thoughts?

Still no "proof", but interesting.

Do you believe he's seen something "alien"?

[edit on 1/29/06 by redmage]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
id beleive an astronuat more than a novel.
Films taken in orbit fit the alien slant nicely. He never to my knowledge said anything about aliens - only that craft in orbit where not earthlike in characteristics.
Im sure he saw unique objects in space - make of it what you will.
He hasnt wrote any books eather, to my knowledge - but as you say - interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
this guys not related to milton william cooper right? because i learned my lesson with him (theres an entire thread speaking of him and his so called 'facts')

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Nice thread. Credible eye-witness reports of UFO's haunt us all and will continue to make us uneasy. How can we discount the sightings of reputable witnesses when there are so many sightings? Could they all be hallucinating the same type of hallucination?

Are these sightings "drug-induced"? Why do that? What would "they" glean from that dumb ass experiment? Mind control experiments, perhaps? UFO's are the more logical explanation.

top topics

join