It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What does everybody think about North Korea admitting they have a secret nuclear weapons program?
(well not secret anymore--

Given we named them as members of the 'axis of evil' and we are on the verge of invading Iraq..isn't that kind of bizarre? Maybe N. Korea wants to come clean about their past, but seems like poor timing on their part.

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Does it really surprise anyone? If the US is known for their superior weapons technology, then why would other countries not have any? It's asinine for Bush and the government to assume any country is not developing their own weapons systems. Forget all the treaties signed and all that...one of the key structures of a country's survival is their weapons, whether offensive or defensive...so of course (by now) they would have experimented with nuclear technology. For sure, if we keep on f*ckin with people, we're gonna get it in the ass...

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes, exactly! We need to seriously reconsider our foreign policy while we still have *some* friends in the international community!!

posted on Oct, 19 2002 @ 11:07 PM
link   
(restraining our chuckles at the amount of money Clinton gave them to pay for it) I think this has long been known, and if not known, suspected.
Equally, the link with Pakistan, particularly over the centifruge technology necessary for enrichment has long been known. One recalls the dreadful Bhutto announcing the lengths he'd go to (in terms of others' blood, of course) to go nuclear and the first medium-range Pakistani missile -meant to frighten India was immediately identified as a North Korean loan.
A fascinating topic -but I'm a bit hesitant to hang around for long while the board is under siege -or, more accurately, has its own Fifth Column.
I hope it lasts until the board is safe again.
To me, it's quite interesting to see what the US -which is gearing up to annihilate a foe might might, one day, have nuclear armaments will do to another member of the Axis of Evil that in fact already has them and -while it could hardly threaten the USA other than through some terrorist act -could probably cause havoc in Japan.
Published reaction so far seems to have been rather muted.

top topics

join