It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The knife edge of China and Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Looking at the current situation, Does anyone get the feeling this is going to come down to China's position?

Russia has publically stated that they dont want anything to do with Iran in regards to the current nuclear crisis.

If china backs Iran, and says they are prepared to defend Iran, or atleast believe Iran has the right to nuclear technology IMHO this would leave the USA in a pretty pickle of a situation.

They have already stated PUBLICALLY that Iran and nuclear technology isnt acceptable.
Israel have stated they will not allow Iran to even get CLOSE..

So if China defends Irans right to invest in nuclear technology... where does this leave Israel and America?

Are they going to have to concede to the military might of China and allow Iran to humiliate them?

Or would they have enough guts to bomb the living daylights out of iran?

China is very heavily dependant on Oil, just as much if not more than the USA.
The world is slowly realising that we are running out of oil, and that the remaining fields are owned by unstable people, which gives them to much of a altering affect on the world economy.

I believe Iran is a battle that is justified.. How can any sane person allow a leader nuclear weapons, when he has stated Israel needs to be wiped from the face of the earth, just because it is israel.

Do you reackon the US Troops in Iraq have that in the back of there minds?... That the country/army/missles just yonder the desert are creeping closer to war with the US?

Especially when this PM of Iran beleive he is on a mission from god, and as the independant states it, is marching us towards the apocolyps.

He truely beleives that when he dies he will go to allah with x amount of virgins, he wants to remove Israel from the Map, and the USA military as well.
Whats stopping him from lobbing everything he has at Israel and the US military in Iraq?... he knows we would obliterate him and his country.. but isnt that what he wants?.. doesnt life begin for these freaks when they die and meet allah?

I dont agree with Iraq, or president bush.
and honestly, I am very worried for the very near future with that man in charge of the USA. Not because I think he is a war mongerer, but because he has proven he cant handle a major situation in the correct and most humane way.

I hope we are all ready for desert warfare.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was just wondering this myself. China is opposed to any sanctions imposed on Iran by the UN. Why? Well one reason could be that Iran is threating to "use oil as a weapon". China gets 12% of their oil from Iran. How would China react to that? Who would they blame?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
I was just wondering this myself. China is opposed to any sanctions imposed on Iran by the UN. Why? Well one reason could be that Iran is threating to "use oil as a weapon". China gets 12% of their oil from Iran. How would China react to that? Who would they blame?

I was wondering, if China somewhat back Iran, then I suppose all Americains consumers will be mad at China.

Do you think, American can afford not to buy stuff from China (like 90% of what on Walmart shelves), since a lot of what we buy now, don't really have an inside country alternative.

Ok, you can re-built that infrastructure, but it will be costly and it will take time.

If China loose the American market, will they ever be a superpower ?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Especially when this PM of Iran beleive he is on a mission from god, and as the independant states it, is marching us towards the apocolyps.

He truely beleives that when he dies he will go to allah with x amount of virgins, he wants to remove Israel from the Map, and the USA military as well.
Whats stopping him from lobbing everything he has at Israel and the US military in Iraq?... he knows we would obliterate him and his country.. but isnt that what he wants?.. doesnt life begin for these freaks when they die and meet allah?

what the hell are you talking about?

do you actually know what your talking about?

first of all the virgin wives thing in not in the quran but in somthing known as a sunni hadiths(sunnah). hadiths mean recordings/sayings of important religous firgures in there sect of islam, these are seperate from the quran and are a different grouop of books. the sunnis follow the hadeeths of the sahabas there hadeeths are allegedly the sayings of the prophet mohammed they where documented and compiled after he dyed and are classifiyed under 3 catagories :

1. strong - there is a good chance that he actaully said this quote.
2. false - the quote documented is fake or a lie.
3. weak - there is no evidence of it being true or flase so it is added just as a refernce becuase it was mentioned and attributed to him.

the quote about the virgin wives is placed in the hadiths of sunni islam and is a weak hadeeth quote. secondly you will rarely hear a muslim actaully use this quote the lie that all muslims belive this was actaully spread by right-wing christian groups and anti-muslim groups against islam only a few sects follow these hadeeths and very few actally recognise weak hadiths as acceptable.

secondly he is shia muslim from iran they do not recognise sunni haddets(sayings of mohammed) and belive they are all false lies and do not read or belive in them instead they follow hadeeths of the 12 imams which are shia hadeeths hence he does not belive that he will get x amounts of virgins when he dies. so please stop spreading lies and rumers about what you know nothing about.

top topics

join