It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Comic Book Day 2006!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

www.freecomicbookday.com

If you haven't heard of this before, there is one day a year called Free Comic Book Day.
This year Free Comic Book Day falls on May 6th. This will be the 5th annual free Comic Book Day.

How does it work?
All you have to do is visit your local comic book retailer and pick from a selection of free comics. I'm sure it is organized differently from shop to shop. At the comic store I go to, they set up a table where they have all the free comics on. They let you have any two comics for free and to be fair they charge 25 cents for each comic if you want more than two.

Just about every publisher participates in free comic book day. Here are a few of the books you can expect to see this year.

Archie Comics - Archie Comics 65th Anniversary Bash
Bongo Comics - Bongo's Free for All 2006
Dark Horse Comics - Star Wars/Conan Flip Book
DC Comics - Justice League Unlimited #1
Devil's Due Publishing - G.I. Joe: Sigma 6
Gemstone Publishing - Walt Disney's Donald Duck 2006
IDW - Transformers: Beast Wars (IDW) 2006
Image Comics - Future Shock 2006
Marvel Comics - X-Men/Runaways
TOKYOPOP - TOKYOPOP Sneak GN

When I pick up a free comic on Free Comic Book Day I try to pick a book that looks interesting but I haven't read before.

So remember May 5th. If you forget, don't worry. I will remind you

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I hope they do that here. Id like to pick up something since i havent read any comics in ages. They should hand out some older ones also. i would love the old punisher war zone books.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
hey great I was wondering when the next one would be

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
pkpao, I'm sure your local comic retailer will participate in free comic day. It isn't likely that they will be handing out back issues for free though.
If you used to like Punisher War Zone (I used to have the first 3 issues myself) you should ask them if they have the "Welcome back Frank" Trade Paperback. The Punisher movie was loosely based on that story. It will cost you 24.95 (US$). I have it and I recommend it to any Punisher fan, past or present.
Punisher comics today are geard towards a mature audience (18+) so the books are pretty violent. The writer, Garth Ennis, really uses a lot of dark humor and the art is great especially the cover art.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I went to Marvel.com looked at the Solits for this Month.....It said the House of M TPB was 0$ Huh? I am confused anyone have any Idea??

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
That is just a mistake. You won’t be getting that on Free Comic Book Day.
The book is 24.99(US$).

Its kind of funny that you bring that up. I was just looking at that 5 minutes ago and noticed the same thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
yeah i knew about that last week
i went to pick up spiderman iron spidey
new avengers and annihilation

spoiler

keep going

alpha flight is dead

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Two days left until Free Comic Book Day!

www.nashvillecitypaper.com

Free comics to be given out Saturday

ho doesn’t love free stuff? (You? Shut up, you, nobody likes you anyway.) Anyway, for the rest of us, there’s the fifth annual Free Comic Book Day on Saturday.

Area comic stores like The Great Escape (1925 Broadway, 327-0646, thegreatescapeonline.com) and Rick’s Comic City (2628 Old Lebanon Road, 883-7890, rickscomiccity.com) will be giving away comics made just for this event from over 28 publishers. (Recommendations: Free Scott Pilgrim, X-Men/Runaways and The Preposterous Voyages of Ironhide Tom!)

And while you’re there, check out Civil War #1. It’s not one of the free books (costs $3.99 actually); rather it’s the start of Marvel Comics’ big summer blockbuster event pitting hero against hero over a government registration act. Some heroes, led by Iron Man for some reason, support the government wanting superheroes to register their secret identities. Others, led by Captain America, are vehemently against the unmasking.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Today is the big day!

I'll be heading down to the comic shop in a couple hours. I'll post on how it went

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
this sucked
they had only like 30 generic comics and only one of them for free

i thought i would be able to go up there get civil war 1 and walk out nope

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I explained exactly how free comic day works in the first post. I even posted what comics would be free.

Anyway, I picked up the Archie Comic for my daughter and got the Transformers book for myself.
I also bought Civil War #1. I haven't decided if I'll pick up the rest of the Civil Ware issues or not. Maybe I'll just get the trade when it’s out.
The store was pretty busy. There was a lot more small children than normal.

top topics

join