It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be a clubhouse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I visited relatives over the holidays in a small midwestern town. There was a house in the neighborhood with a big green "R" about five feet tall on the side (north side---facing the side street as the house is on a corner). The house is not new and is brick painted white. Not so much even the letter on the side but I was struck by how immaculate the house and lawn were. As if it was a place of business or had a team of gardeners or is associated with a fraternal group.

I was told that my family members had never seen anyone doing the yard work or "detailing" the house. The back is completely fenced in as if there might be a pool but there seems to be a permanent little metal archway in one corner (stands a bit above the fence) like you'd see in a garden or where a couple might stand during an outdoor wedding.

Also, the house has those little light bulb candles in the windows. Always lighted in the evenings.

A side note. The town does have a small masonic lodge near to the small downtown area but seems always vacant of activity. However, one can see easily that a windowed room does contain bookshelves and books.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Maybe its a sign of something far more sinister. Maybe there is a cult meeting their and some masionic signs show people where to go to meet each other and they just seem like regular items to others.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Do you have a picture? For all anyone can tell it could just be someone's house, or just a house that some big wig owns and is waiting to sell when the price is right.

I've seen houses that look really nice, but it looks like no one is in them, but some lights are left on, and it's just the realitor who left them on after a showing.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I live near a lovely home that is well looked after and always has a very neat and tidy appearance. This house also has small orange candle lights in the windows after dark and a porch light that works on a light sensor so that it comes on at dusk.

The back yard has a very high fence and a large gate at the side that you could drive a truck through. Looking over the fence you can see that what would be the patio door area is really a loading dock with an overhead rail for unloading heavy equipment. The roll-up door on the back of the house also has a large white number on it, but I can't recall what it is right now. It might be a letter and a number, but I'd have to go look again to be sure.

After never seeing people at the house I did a little asking around.
It turned out that the house is actually an electrical sub-station for the area and is just disguised to look like a house and fit in with the neighbourhood.
The large wires to and from the house are underground, because you can't see any on the outside.

Could this be what you have seen in your area???

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'll have a picture in the next few days or so. Even without the big "R" on the side the house is just odd looking because it is always so lit up outside and in. It's a regular sort of neighborhood.

I'm not drawing a line between the "vacant" masonic lodge but does anyone know if masons in smaller towns sometimes opt to meet in other places what with all the "heat" in the past few years regarding their organization in the media and online? Seems likely.

Maybe the big "R" denotes the house's use by the rosy crutians? ha ha.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
I'll have a picture in the next few days or so. Even without the big "R" on the side the house is just odd looking because it is always so lit up outside and in. It's a regular sort of neighborhood.

I'm not drawing a line between the "vacant" masonic lodge but does anyone know if masons in smaller towns sometimes opt to meet in other places what with all the "heat" in the past few years regarding their organization in the media and online? Seems likely.

Maybe the big "R" denotes the house's use by the rosy crutians? ha ha.

What "heat" are you refering to? I guess I'm not aware of people saying negative things about freemasons. The last thing I saw refering to the masons was "National Treasure" and I thought that portrayed the masons in a good light. -IMHO.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
hey mirthful1 - Beyond just searching "masonry anti-masonry" (which will lead to zillions of sites and forums) there was a huge increase in secret societies with the Kerry/Bush race because of Skull and Bones. The national radio show Coast to Coast has secret society/masonic topics about once a week or so. Alex Jones is becoming well known with his Texas radio show and his videos, two of which deal with Bohemian Grove and his infiltration and his appearances on tv (cable news channels, etc.). And lately there are more and more videos available online dealing with these topics. The pseudo-intellectual channels like History and Discover have been running shows for a couple years now. The Da Vinci Code has been on the best seller list for a zillion years now and the upcomping movie stars Tom Hanks. Also, Dan Brown's follow up is going to encompass the masonic nature of Washington DC.

What I meant by "heat" is that this sort of stuff has thrown a lot of attention on masonry (for better/worse). And especially in a small town, people could easily see who comes and goes from a prominantly placed lodge.

Sorry for that run on paragraph up there. Picture coming soon.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
hey mirthful1 - . . .there was a huge increase in secret societies with the Kerry/Bush race because of Skull and Bones. The national radio show Coast to Coast has secret society/masonic topics about once a week or so. Alex Jones is becoming well known with his Texas radio show and his videos, two of which deal with Bohemian Grove and his infiltration and his appearances on tv (cable news channels, etc.). And lately there are more and more videos available online dealing with these topics. The pseudo-intellectual channels like History and Discover have been running shows for a couple years now. The Da Vinci Code has been on the best seller list for a zillion years now and the upcomping movie stars Tom Hanks. Also, Dan Brown's follow up is going to encompass the masonic nature of Washington DC.

Skull and Bones stuff, That seemed interesting until I read that book by that one chick. It was a good read, but over all confirmed that nothing really is going on. So what if they confess their sexual secrets or whatever. They do that on a daily basis on the Howard Stern show. And I'll say the History Channel has some good stuff on it, but I've never seen them publically "out" any secret groups.

Personally I think The Da Vinci code is a wonderful piece of fiction, and I've never listened to the radio shows you speak of, although I have heard of them.

I guess I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. Unless I see a real smoking gun or have real hard core evidence, I'm going to say there is no cabal, and that over all most groups are just people meeting to network or improve themselves.

And seriously, Even if someone from one of the groups came out and said; "I'm from Group X! There's a deep hidious secret within, and this is what it is!" How could you really believe that person? What's their angle? Are they trying to increase their book sales? Are they really out to "expose" the group? Maybe they are just a red herring from that group, or they're from a different more secret group and they want to shed the light away from themselfs. Keep the audience focused on the one hand, while they manipulate with the other...

I feel the best "Secret" groups are the ones you've never heard about. It's like the saying about Hackers. If they're caught, they're not the good hackers. Those are amateurs. The ones you have to worry about are the ones you never hear about. The ones that never get caught.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well I found that home's owner has a last name beginning with "R". Nothing to see here so move along. I guess it's nothing more interesting than a case of egomania and self-promotion. Sorry...I'm going to go paint a big letter on my own house now so everyone knows where I live.

new topics

top topics

join