It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Dow crashing!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nasty selloff occuring right now, just short of a crash! I now know why that Bin Laden tape was released yesterday. Insider trading before 9/11, this might be the sign the crap is about to hit the fan.........

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That's a pretty thin thread opener, do you have anything to back this up?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
crappy earnings for a few days now, GE and Citigroup added to the mix today.

Oil prices are up (sanction fears I guess)

the nikkei had a nice drop two days ago I think.

all factors for today's drop.

the newest album from everyone's favorite middle eastern recording star has nothing to do with it. besides, his new album is rather boring and you can't dance to it.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
at this time the DOW is down 164.13, the SP 18 and the Nasdaq 45.16 points.
Those are downs from this morning.
Add to that the latest price for a barrel of oil has just now risen to over $68 the highest it has been in months.
Most analysis beleive that it is due to the fears raised by the UBL tape as well as an al-queda threat (more of a rumor) that there will be an attempt to sabatoge / blow up the alaskan pipeline. This info is on a website that supports the al-queda.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I stand corrected although the ge and citi earnings (among the others this week) are only exacerbating the situation.

or is it osama doing the tweaking?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The Dow can take x2 this, but things are going down hill quickly, CNN is spinning like crazy....Let's hope it rallies back at the end of this (or that it doesn't worsen).

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Dow is now down something like 190 pts. A large selloff, but nothing really major or noteworthy as one day move (as yet) IMHO.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
wow....google's dropped 34.55 or 7.92%, is this what happens when you refuse to give the gov't what they want??

finance.yahoo.com...

Rambus is up though...just a little, but it's up....let me guess...they're the ones contracted to produce those nice little chips that they are going to want to inplant in us soon?

Iran's pulling their money our of Europe in preparation for sanctions, would this have anything to do with it?

[edit on 20-1-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I keep having this dream,
that somebody get's sick of the stock market and goes out to harvest some pork.

with one each of these,
buy1.snapon.com...
buy1.snapon.com...
buy1.snapon.com...
and a 1" drive impact socket for all of thos sizes

one of these,
aircompressorsdirect.com...

something that looks like this,
aircompressorsdirect.com...

in the back of a 3/4 ton 4x4, just filler up with gas and see how long it takes to find one of these and see if those tools fit.
www.ee.und.ac.za...

those tools look a little bit too big, but they never have a problem removing two dozen bolts in 90 seconds or less, and keep on boogyN !

but they don't pull them down or destroy anything,

Maybe it's because they couldn't be seen as 'terrorist'... just for unscrewing something

it's a strange dream ,
with some unusual characters, they must be trying to prove a point without destroying anything or hurting anybody... but if a good gust of wind comes along,
hey! maybe they are doing their part by taking a few towers apart .. then letting Nature take it's course....
Hmmm , that's really a good idea ya' know... maybe Mother Nature won't have to blow so hard next year to prove a point

that's a good dream.

who doesn't love the stock market.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
maybe your dream is trying to tell you you should become a tool salesmen??

if most of the wrenches are manual, why do they need the air compressor, or if they're buying an air compressor, why do they need the manual wrenches?? don't make sense to me.....maybe that means that you would make a really good salesmen and sell alot of tools that no one really needs?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
just because somebody with the right heart and not the right amount of mechanical knowledge might ask the same question,
minus the resume booster you included...
I will explain.

In this dream and most perceptions of reality...

When you are potentially going to be removing bolts from a structure the most effective application would be to use the pneumatic tool on the nut side....
and a "backup" wrench on the bolt side.
Many times they just use 'studs' that vary in length and a nut and washer is placed on both sides and tightened up, all you have to do is remove 1 nut from the stud.
If timing and/or performance were not an issue, you would still have to use two wrenches or two tools to remove most 'nut and bolt' or 'stud and nut' applications in the "construction" world.

iy yi yi,
hopefully that helps dawnstar

I'm sure the tool sales industry would be torqued to have me, but they will have to wait untill I retire from selling crack to the government.

top topics

join