It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scarecrow's Tales

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am writing this to some of the writers here on the paranormal board.

I plan on writing a story based on my character who represents my higher self"The Scarecrow".

Now as its going to be collaborative I want to do it this way.They will be short stories surrounding the interactions of my character in the world of the paranormal.

I will be marking them as parts of his tale and locations of these events.I would like other writers to create characters based upon their own personas and tell about their interactions within the same worlds and places aswell as creating your own.

Im hoping to have our characters interact at different intervals.I will be dedicating much time and effort to these stories so I am saying that any effort by others will be well placed.Thank you my friends expect the first chapter soon!!....the Scarecrow.

[edit on 2-23-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think that is a brilliant idea. I'll help out if I get struck by inspiration otherwise I'll be left as an observer, but all in all a brilliant idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That's a very nice idea!!! Should i have any inspirations, i'll be happy to post them, in the meanwhile i'm looking forward to reading your first chapter, neighbour

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thanks sparhawk wouldnt mind getting you in there!

as far as contributing you have to u2u worldwatcher and ask for approval there are guidelines to being accepted!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There's only one barrier: language...

You know, one thing is sharing opinions and speaking, one other is setting up a good story, written in acomprehensible way!

Should i manage to do so, however, i'll be happy to call myself in!

[edit on 21-1-2006 by Sparhawk]

HS

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Only one question, is that to be on this paranormal studies forum? I don't go to any other forum yet. You guys are already more than I can handle

not.

sure will love to participate....

Honor Seed

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The first chapter of the first story is up here is the thread!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you guys like it.

If anyone has any comments on this chapter or ideas they would like to share if they cant or dont want to contribut yourself.Please post it here!

HS

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So at this point, I just read the first chapter, how does contributing work?

Do I try to match the style and write as if I am you?

or

Do I introduce myself from my style of writing as a new character, real or spirit?

If I do the last one, what happens if several writers here suddenly have you involved in multiple situations at the same time?

This could get real action packed. The last time I did this was on a live chat group on AOL and the scene was all in a tavern. It was not a situation like this one is potentially, where I might be a oracle with hovering ability helping you to battle multiple vile vampires in the forest, yet another writer has just written off the same chapter and has you magically transported to the Valley of the Unicorns.

I am just wondering how multiple writers can all make sense of each others' character. Maybe it would be better if you started a list of people that want to try their hand at it. Because then the person writing chapter two could write that, the next person in line could write chapter three and so on. Although you may want to come back in every other chapter to guide the story in a way you may already have an idea where you want it to go.

This way it gives the third writer a chance to utilize all the characters introduced, and the fourth writer and so on. You may ewventually be joined
by a whole circle of superheroes with different powers, Some may choose to take on the character of an evil entity.

I like the length of the chapter and the fact you separate the paragraphs, and use quotation marks to separate what is spoken.

thanks scarecow

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Nice chapter my friend. This Scarecrow seems to be quite an interesting character...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well the way I was hoping to do it was to have others write on their own character now if someone wants to use my character thats fine as these are the Scarecrows tales.I would rather stick to short stories allowing for
completion of one's ideas in say two chapters or so.

I labeled the bottom of the story
Story-line:Toraylin: story: 1 chapter: 1

indicating the character story number aswell as chapter and location the story takes place in. I plan on finishing it tonight or tomorrow.

HS

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Toraylin,
Interesting story, I look forward to reading the conclusion. Do you feel the character you portray is an inner pyschic self?

HS

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is more what I'm really like than not.Although alot of who he is and what not is made up but as a general description and how he deals with others
generally reflects my crazy and sometimes horrible attitude.
The character displayed in the podcasts is the same as the storie's

The only thing that I make up is the events and places he goes to although he does have alot of power he is more a human than not..There will be alot of real situations I have found myself in while dreaming/planeswalking.For I am usually fighting evil forces
.Although those usually tend to be evil armies of people/humanoids(or just a few)
So yes H.S this is my higher self so to speak.Expect the next chapter soon.And the next podcast has been put off for a day or two.Sorry but I have alot to do!

[edit on 23-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Chapter 2 is now up.I want to thank all of you who have read the first chapter and would like to say this.

The character Jerald Is now in the world.He is a friend of the scarecrow and is another character in this world.His current location is on the outskirts
Of Falloway A medium sized town located three miles or so from the Twisted Thicket forest.Although He is rather a normal human being.Jerald is a master trapper and tracker as well as a great bowsman.Him and the scarecrow Have been through alot so he also knows alot of charms and small spells.If anyone wishes to write a story using this character Under the Scarecrows tales .thread. you can u2u me or post that you wish to on this thread.Otherwise I will write the stories for him aswell.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Okay half of chapter 3 is up.This is the oportunity for someone to write jeralds half of this chapter.Jerald travels to the Twisted thicket to find the farmer in toraylins domain if any one wants to do this chapter 3(Jeralds part)
Let me know all I will have to do is give you a general discription of toraylins dwelling.

What happens now is up to the writer I will base the rest of the story with the influence of jeralds tale.You can kill him if you want or have the twisted thicket infested and jerald has to save the people in the house which includes the two farmers and two of toraylins unknown companions. If no one wants to do this or cant.I will continue as I have been.But i would love for someone to tell this part of the tale!

Also we now have entwered the town of falloway and met its first inhabitant Dr.Morvin.Someone who apparently patches up the scarecrow alot anyway I will continue the story soon mabey even tonight i dunno.
....Scarecrow

[edit on 25-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well readers Jeralds part of chapter three is up. In this chapter jerald brings tor to tyhe docs and heads off to the thicket to find a Becca girl who is one of the caretakers of the Twisted Thicket.

Expect this tale to come to a close within a few more chapters.
Then another to start quickly afterwards!

I have alot of it already brewing in my mind so expect some real good stuff soon ok.Thank you all for the support!!

[edit on 26-1-2006 by toraylin]

[edit on 26-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
There is an opportunity for someone to write jeralds next chapter.
All it takes to become a writer is to have over 200 posts and worldwatcher approves.

The plot thickens people I can handle it but i would like for someone to work with me if they are willing!

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Chapter four is up.Toraylin approaches the farmers land.

This story will end in another chapter or two i think.I would like to ask if anyone has any ideas for my next tale feel free to input.

Scarecrow

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I have started a new story now called undermind I hope you guys like it as much as the first one.Still look ing for input on my writings!

Here is the quick thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
O'k Fan's and new comers farmer's plight chapter 5 becca's half is now up.

Becca is a student of the scarecrow who i will say here was saved by Toraylin sometime during his travels.He looks at her like his sister/pupil.
Aswell as his responsibility.This chapter let me give some insight into the Twisted Thicket and it's majical properties.

I would like to say that this chapter has been delayed by one factor.My npreparedness.This is a second version of this chapter,the first one was lost while i was posting it.A small problem.IF YOU SAVED IT.

Rest assured my friends I am doing this now..

On another note while I think my second story Undermind got off on a weak foot.I have been thickening the soup so to speak inside my home here in The T.T.And I think you guys will like where it will head.

Please any feed back would help people.Otherwise I will keep plugging away.

While working on The F.P ch.5(B).I figured out much of the rest of the story.Sorry it keeps growing I now will not say when it will end as most chapters in my stories need to be told from a few different perspectives.

It might take a few more or several but i doubt that matters.As I have endless amounts of stories to tell you.

So expect Farmers Plight Chapter 5(Jerald) soon
Asfar as undermind is concerned It might take a bit to figure where exactly
Tor goes next in this strange world.

Scarecrow

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Okay Scarecrow fans I have been labouring much over my pages and books trying to figure out where Undermind was heading in regards to the over all world in which our slightly darker hero lives.

I am happy with the direction it is taking and now that the form is starting to be there expect regular updates.Aswell expect the next chapter for the farmers plight soon(next few days).I am almost up to 200 reads.This is good the more people read them the more i will write.

Thank you for the support.
Scarecrow

new topics

<<   2 >>

join