It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear War is Coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Iran knows that sanctions are headed their way, can't say I blame them for moving their money. That is hardly direct evidence that they intend to start a war, much less a nuclear one.

Isreal isn't going to start one either. Why should they, when they can beat everybody that is likely to attack them with conventional weapons and tactics.

United States isn't going to launch a nuclear weapon at anyone either, for the exact same reason Isreal won't. Don't need to. As Afganistan, and Iraq proved, conventional weapons and tactics are sufficient to do the job.

As it stands presently, Iran is practising that age old tactic called rhetoric.
I am sure they are working towards a nuclear deterent of some sort. They'd be crazy not to be, since the two big dogs in the neighbourhood seem to be, to their eyes anyway, getting ready to take a bite. The two big dogs being the U.S. and Isreal, both having the capability, and proven willingness to do what it takes to prevent said nuclear ambition. But ain't neither one going to use the "bomb" to do so.

At present, the fears of a nuclear war are unfounded. What tommorrow brings who knows. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But it is Ok for your to defend your president, who just INVADED, OCCUPIED and SLAUGHTERED innocent people on BASELESS LIES...

That's right he is our President and he needs support. Years ago you'd have been deported for the idiotic remarks just made about the President. He didn't invade anything, and especially didn't slaughter anyone. Don't you dare forget what is going on over there. The Iraqi people are not fighting us, it's the radical idiots that in all their cowardess are suicide bombing their own people and yet somehow America is blamed for it. I have friends that are back in the states from fighting over in Iraq. They tell stories of insurgents using small children and women as shields. They tell stories of unthinkable carnage on the part of Iraqi insurgents. Screw em. I say don't bother arresting anyone over there. Just take em out.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oh I missed that thread about the baseless lies, yadda yadda...yadda. There were no WMD's...yadda yadda...yadda.

Then what praytell, were all those mysterious yellow clouds that the Kurds spoke of... or that the Iranians spoke of...hmmm. Doesn't mustard gas and its ilk qualify? Had them, used them, and we did indeed find some. Now I will grant you, not in the quantity feared. Then again, during the runup to the war they could have easily been transfered to Syria, or worse does the Bekaa Valley mean anything to you.

Mr. Mustache had them, used them, and had the ability to make more on short notice.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That's what I'm saying. I was in Desert Storm. I know first hand what kind of things that man is capable of in Iraq(Saddam that is).

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I hope this all stays in the realm of conventional weapons use IF something does happen someplace! We (USA) were the first to use nuclear weapons in a war. 2 bombs, It stopped the war. If at that time, Japan had them to.... who knows what the world would look like today. We need to keep the nuclear bottle closed people! We all know that once someone starts something like that........ The rest will think to hell with it and use what they have to.
Or are we at a time when we all just can't get along and stop this bull# before we end up extinct or at the very lest on the endangered species list.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've spoken to some people who've said it will happen in my generation. I'm 16 now and so am planning to join the Royal Marines in a very familira year- 2012.
Personally, I'm not sure if it means anything but if the middle east does blow up I reckon it's this year.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

But it is Ok for your to defend your president, who just INVADED, OCCUPIED and SLAUGHTERED innocent people on BASELESS LIES...

That's right he is our President and he needs support. Years ago you'd have been deported for the idiotic remarks just made about the President. He didn't invade anything, and especially didn't slaughter anyone. Don't you dare forget what is going on over there. The Iraqi people are not fighting us, it's the radical idiots that in all their cowardess are suicide bombing their own people and yet somehow America is blamed for it. I have friends that are back in the states from fighting over in Iraq. They tell stories of insurgents using small children and women as shields. They tell stories of unthinkable carnage on the part of Iraqi insurgents. Screw em. I say don't bother arresting anyone over there. Just take em out.

I wouldnt of been deported, I am not an American. And its actually been decided that 75% of the insurgents ARE ACTUALLY IRAQI.

I would agree with this war, IF HE WAS making weapons. IF HE WAS a threat to the world. But he isnt., he wasnt.. and wouldnt of been for some time. I respect the soilders who are man enough to stand by there oath, even when they realise its a dud war.

I do not stand by the president, who lied cheated and conned the world into beleiving him... then sat back and defended his actions while it became obvious how wrong he was.

And He personally didnt invade... your right.. he sent brave men and women from his country to do it for him, he made them slaughter for him, while he sat back in his office.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I see the troops start to get redeployed to other areas in the region. When you see day and night convoys of trucks come into a base green and go out tan then get ready
Hmm they did recently sent like 120 National Guard jets over to the region.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
maybe we can just stop all the wars!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dont see why we cant get every leader in the world locked in a room, feed them up on MD-Ma and make them work it all out.

Because unless the world cracks down on terrorism TOGETHER, there's no point in having a war on terrorism.

the whole current political and world situation makes me

Because it is obvious where it is heading, and there's still the deluded souls who cant see it...

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
just wanted to share this interesting news article:

Nuclear War against Iran

The launching of an outright war using nuclear warheads against Iran is now in the final planning stages. Coalition partners, which include the US, Israel and Turkey are in "an advanced stage of readiness".

Various military exercises have been conducted, starting in early 2005. In turn, the Iranian Armed Forces have also conducted large scale military maneuvers in the Persian Gulf in December in anticipation of a US sponsored attack.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by quadricle]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I don't see why we cant get every leader in the world locked in a room, feed them up on MD-Ma and make them work it all out.
Because unless the world cracks down on terrorism TOGETHER, there's no point in having a war on terrorism.
the whole current political and world situation makes me

Because it is obvious where it is heading, and there's still the deluded souls who cant see it...

We need to put a end to all of this before it put a end to all of use!

I for one would to see the World without F*&^ing body armor on!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Seriously guys, all the crap you use as evidence is the "leaders" bickering...I swear the world has meant to have been nuked by now anyway... Wasnt it in the 60's where we were at the age of the nuclear war? Whats the point of even reading these posts yet alone posting them, if it happens, then bugger its happened, but till then you'll probly spend the rest of your life on this bloody forum saying this is our last year alive...its useless guys, live with whats happenin and not what MIGHT happen and you might be a bit happier with your life!

Tell me what discussing it would do anyway?

Sorry dudes, but its far too much hassle to put yourselves through, live your life while you got it
Woodsy

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Nuclear war may be the best we can hope for at this point.

It's a far better alternative than living under an Islamic caliphate.

nice post!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How is Nuclear war the best thing we can hope for..????

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Do you know how close they came to nuclear war in the Cold War? Considering how many people are from the Cold War generation on ATS...

Anyway, everyone want's to blow up the other person, it's just they need a real excuse....

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Originally posted by Dronetek
I'm really worried by the amount of craziness of these forums..... You guys make all these wacky claims that we are all supposed to believe, based on nothing more than baseless claims.

Your right,
How dare the public have a voice..
Especially a voice which you class as CRAZY and BASELESS CLAIMS.

your right, how dare we speak our opinion.

Dont you know its imoral and wrong to bring up the constant lies of the bush administration...

Dronetek Do you wish to elaborate why it is acceptable for your country to start wars based on unbased lies, but we cannot start a discussion on anything less then concrete evidence? Maybe next time you stop by here it wont be full of slander and propaganda which seems to flow right out of the GWB textbook "how to lie your ass of"

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This part from Chirac's speech made me think:

However, our concept for the use of nuclear weapons remains unchanged. There is no question, under any circumstances, of using nuclear means for military purposes during a conflict. It is in this spirit that nuclear forces are sometimes referred to as "weapons of non-use". This formula should not, however, allow any doubts to persist about our determination and capacity to resort to our nuclear weapons. The credible threat of their utilization permanently hangs over those leaders who harbour hostile intentions against us. It is essential for making them see reason and for making them aware of the inordinate cost their actions would entail for themselves and their States. Furthermore, it goes without saying that we always reserve the right to resort to a final warning to mark our determination to safeguard our vital interests.

How many Muslims live in France? Isn't the nation itself, at risk of Muslims crippling it from within? What if that call came from Iran? Would Chirac take any action against Iran if Ahmed came out and called Muslims to riot heavily?

This part of your theory needs clarification because I think France is too vulnerable to be the "enforcer". If France is the "bad cop" and the USA is the "good cop, the Muslims could basically swarm bad cop and end it, right?

As for europe in general, my friends in Holland there tell me that there is a serious shift of polarity away from tolerance of Islamofascism in that area of the world. It's hard to irritate the Dutchies, but when they begin to hate you, you can be sure something is wrong. Theo Van Gogh's murder affected a lot of people because he was speaking out for women under Islam.

[edit on 4-2-2006 by smallpeeps]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join