It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert the Doll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The topic of haunted dolls is, considered by many, very questionable. While I'm not saying whether I believe this story or not, I would like to know why you mostly hear of hauntings in dolls, versus...lets say...antique furniture.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well in my experience these are the first dolls ive really heard of.In many cases when it comes to possesed objects when a ghost supposedly inhabits a jar or couch or whatever that there can be movement resulting in it being throw.Or can effect the persons life who owns it.In many cases if a haunted object is brought into a house there will be activity afterwards.

I am highly skeptical when it comes tio what people claim to be possesed things and ghost pictures and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I, too, consider myself a skeptic. It's just too easy to fake pictures or videos, and it's all easy to write up a great story to go with the pics/vid. But, I'll be damned if those weren't the two creepiest dolls I've ever seen.

I'm find myself more likely to believe a story like this, than, say the barton mansion story.

The clown doll creeped me out more. There's just something about talking dolls. I've always been creeped out by them. I can remember when I was really little I had one of those demonic(lol) talking Teddy Ruckspin dolls. You put a cassete tape in it's back and it's mouth moves to the story*shivers*. This doll was not cuddely what so ever, it had hard itchy polyester fur, and the inside of it was a giant/heavy/clunky 80's style tape player.

Needless to say, the thing terrified me. The funny part was my parents didn't help, lol. They would set this thing by my door in order to keep me in my bed at night(i was a bad little kid, muahaha). Also, I had some extremely bad night terrors at that age too, that I've pretty much forgoten about detail wise. I don't attribute them to the doll or anything, they're pretty normal for kids. But I'm sure I had atleast one nightmare about that God forsaken doll.

Anyways...That's why haunted dolls terrify me, or any china dolls and life like dolls for that matter. As soon as I linked to the clown page those EVP's started playing
and I still had the volume cranked from earlier in the night. Man, lemme tell you, shivers ran down my spine! I'm conviced that the clown is real, LOL.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm glad that you liked the links(or didn't hehehe lol).

To tell one of my stories here.There was a movie in the eighties about a possesed doll it was one of those hand puppets that could blink and had a movable mouth piece.Anyway I was only six when I was watching this movie at my grandparents place.In this the puppet thing lived in the boys closet and tried to kill the mom by using telekenisis to thow knives and stuff.At some point the boy like burned it and buried it i think.I know he buried it for sure though.but it came back.

Anyway I was watching scared as hell when my grandma not being the most perceptive person thought that it would be a good idea to scare me.Well lets say I freaked out and had nightmares for about 6 months of that thing.Once i dreamt that it was under my bed and that it came out from under it and walked towards the door and turned into my brother and left my room.!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is like a bad chucky movie...oh wait nevermind...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well that was really funny man.But if you were reffering to it as being the movie it wasnt chucky although those movies make me laugh!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have purchased many "Haunted" objects from the net, and have yet to see a genuine case of it (at least in an object).

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I havent come across any either well not really.Although I know alot about these things I don't neccesarily like doing this kind of thing all the time.And its only been in the last two years that I have really started to encounter entitys on a regular basis.!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Vincent just caused a serious disturbance in my house! I listened to it again, now that I'm awake. My brother was in the other room and he happened to hear it...next thing I know he's panicing, screaming, and crying(he's only 8). Either way if this is real or not, it scared the crap out of him, I don't know whether to laugh or what it scared me too. He's not talking, it seriously disturbed him the power of the paranormal oweeOOwwwooOOOOoo.
If I knew he was going to hear it I wouldn't have played it, once again real or not its spooky.

In all reallity my family has experianced EVP before. It was 6 or 7 years ago when I was 14 or 13. My great grandmother passed away, we were all really close to her. She passed durring the middle of the night, and we didn't get the official call till late in the afternoon the next day.

Here's the kicker, when I got home from school that day, my mom was really distraught. She was standing by the phone replaying a message over and over. She asked my if I heard "it". My mother played it again, it was a few seconds of distorted static followed by, what sounded like "I died" in a very soft staticy voice, and after that a few more seconds of static.

A few hours later we get a call from my grandmother, letting us know that my greatgrandmother died in her sleep the night before. Needless to say, we all freaked out, but not in a bad way. It was almost reasuring, that there is life after death, whether it's in this plane or not the soul acends to a higher state.

Believe it or not, it happened. We even tried to record it from the answering machine(one of the older digital recorders), but it did not transfer clearly.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Looking around for ghost videos I found this one of two dolls one moves
slightly could be set up but hey.Who knows.

youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I found a couple of vids recently about Robert. Dolls are creepy especially one that big.

Robert did it!

Robert Rules After Dark

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I watched something on TV about that doll sometime last year and it freaked me out. I've always been weird with certain types of dolls, they've always given me weird feelings if they were in my room or near me in the dark, I'm not sure why. I dont know if I fully believe in this or not but it's always worth taking a deeper look into it to find out.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MissValentine

when my gf, best friend, and i went to visit him last march my buddy and i stayed pretty respectful and i refused to take his picture. he doesn't like that. what's neat about robert's section in the east martello museum is that behind the diplay case that he's sits in is a wall full of past visitors writing him asking for forgiveness or demands that he stop "messing" with them. when you read some of these letters, you can get a real sense of frustration and desperation from these writers. i stayed respectful and refused to take his picture. my buddy did the same. my gf wanted to take his picture just to prove that he was a "stupid doll" and nothing more. i still would not let her take his picture with MY camera. this is when it all began.

1. we got back, and she rec'd a notice from the bank that she had overdraft fees due to the scooter company taking out the deposit (they said they wouldn't) money from her account. the resulting overdraft fees from the numerous times she used her check card equalled the exact amount of the deposit.

2. robert never left her mind for four days straight. she got absolutely zero sleep. she could not sleep.

3. her car suddenly would not start the first morning back to work and made her late for work. which in turn made the doctor she works for upset and within a couple days she was written up after other mess ups due to lack of sleep and concentration. (she worked there for years and is a great worker)

4. she heard soft giggling in the middle of the night.

5. my computer turned itself on all by itself as we were lying down in bed to go to sleep. it was playing charlie chaplin from youtube which i was watching earlier. i like chaplin movies, but those piano music is creepy when it suddenly plays by itself in the middle of the night.

4. when she got in her car later and turned the key, the lights started flashing and the car shook violently for a few seconds and died. she was late for her second job. and got written up there also. (btw, her car is only a couple years old)

5. As we discussed the possibility of robert doing this (she was starting to wonder but still refused to write a letter) as soon as i said his name i heard a loud bang outside, my barbecue grill had fallen ver on it's own RIGHT when i said "robert". two of it's legs had rusted all the way through and decided to fall at that moment.

6. i had to get her battery for her car fixed because it obviously died prematurely. as i pulled into the shop and parked in a spot, i was on the phone with her. we were talking about all the strange happenings. at this point, she actually was considering writing a letter to robert. while we were talking about it, i looked up. and to my amazement i saw a sign directly in front of my car "this spot is reserved for robert ONLY"

i don't know if i believe in ghosts. but i guess i believ enough in something to not risk pissing robert off. and a lot of these things anyone can brush off as conincedence. And i would normally agree, but all this happened within a matter of just 1 week. (plus i know i'm missing other things that have happened) and they started directly after we got back. i don't know....i just know that i can understand the frustration and desperation of some of the people that wrote those letters on the wall of robert's display at the museum.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Im not sure if any of you has ever heard of Ed and Lorraine Warren before but they had investigated a case about a doll possessed by a demon.

Annabelle the demon doll

I remember when I was really little in the late 70's my sisters and I just finished watching a tv program about this case......it didn't help that they each had a doll exactly like it......for months they would terrorize me, hiding the doll (with fishing wire attached to it) in my closet or behind the curtains of my room and when I would get close they would pull the wire causing the doll to leap from where it was hiding towards me.....I have evil older sisters.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Great find QB. I had a doll when I was young that was a Raggedy Anne doll just like "Annabell". Always creep-ed me out, but nothing as compared with now. That tale was intriguing. Thanks for posting it!

The Robert doll was featured on a Travel Channel show a while back, I remember, and that too was strange... ~Maybe that is why over the years I have given up all of my stuffed toys~
KUDOS
Good Thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I luv my dollies- i collect them and have them all over my room and house. Some people get creeped out, but I am not at all bothered by it. I have heard the story about Robert and watched the Youtube documentary. I have always thought that maybe the human Robert had a disassociative disorder and maybe the other personality he harbored was the Robert doll, since he never outgrew the toy and blamed stuff on it for forever. It is a bit weird that he was so attached to it even as a grown man.
There are some more haunted doll stories on this site:
www.cutelittlethreat.com...

Read them with a grain of salt, though. I had a hard time believing them.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I read this thread, viewed external links that were not dead, watched three videos about Robert, and when I went to close the window, iexplorer crashed/ (I'm using firefox) I reopened to previous option and had three windows open. I closed the Robert link, then the thread link and crashed again. This happened two more times. Every time I reopened to previous, the Robert page (external link with a pic and movies came up.
By the way, the picture? I felt like it was sucking my psychic or inner strength when I looked at it very long. Also, I had more typing errors writing this than I've had in as long as I can remember.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
this may be the wrong place for this question. when i was a child in the 70s, i watched a "really" scary movie with dolls that were voo-doo like, coming from under the bed. (not chucky) it gave me bad dreams as a kid, just wondered if anyone remembered it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join