reply to post by MissValentine
when my gf, best friend, and i went to visit him last march my buddy and i stayed pretty respectful and i refused to take his picture. he doesn't
like that. what's neat about robert's section in the east martello museum is that behind the diplay case that he's sits in is a wall full of past
visitors writing him asking for forgiveness or demands that he stop "messing" with them. when you read some of these letters, you can get a real
sense of frustration and desperation from these writers. i stayed respectful and refused to take his picture. my buddy did the same. my gf wanted
to take his picture just to prove that he was a "stupid doll" and nothing more. i still would not let her take his picture with MY camera. this is
when it all began.
1. we got back, and she rec'd a notice from the bank that she had overdraft fees due to the scooter company taking out the deposit (they said they
wouldn't) money from her account. the resulting overdraft fees from the numerous times she used her check card equalled the exact amount of the
2. robert never left her mind for four days straight. she got absolutely zero sleep. she could not sleep.
3. her car suddenly would not start the first morning back to work and made her late for work. which in turn made the doctor she works for upset and
within a couple days she was written up after other mess ups due to lack of sleep and concentration. (she worked there for years and is a great
4. she heard soft giggling in the middle of the night.
5. my computer turned itself on all by itself as we were lying down in bed to go to sleep. it was playing charlie chaplin from youtube which i was
watching earlier. i like chaplin movies, but those piano music is creepy when it suddenly plays by itself in the middle of the night.
4. when she got in her car later and turned the key, the lights started flashing and the car shook violently for a few seconds and died. she was
late for her second job. and got written up there also. (btw, her car is only a couple years old)
5. As we discussed the possibility of robert doing this (she was starting to wonder but still refused to write a letter) as soon as i said his name i
heard a loud bang outside, my barbecue grill had fallen ver on it's own RIGHT when i said "robert". two of it's legs had rusted all the way
through and decided to fall at that moment.
6. i had to get her battery for her car fixed because it obviously died prematurely. as i pulled into the shop and parked in a spot, i was on the
phone with her. we were talking about all the strange happenings. at this point, she actually was considering writing a letter to robert. while we
were talking about it, i looked up. and to my amazement i saw a sign directly in front of my car "this spot is reserved for robert ONLY"
i don't know if i believe in ghosts. but i guess i believ enough in something to not risk pissing robert off. and a lot of these things anyone can
brush off as conincedence. And i would normally agree, but all this happened within a matter of just 1 week. (plus i know i'm missing other things
that have happened) and they started directly after we got back. i don't know....i just know that i can understand the frustration and desperation
of some of the people that wrote those letters on the wall of robert's display at the museum.