It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle Whip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Maybe you peeps across the pond can help with this one.

What in Gods name is "Miracle Whip"? Me and a friend are trying out some Big Mac sauce recipes off the 'net and every one of them mentions this mythical foodstuff.

I even went to an ASDA (which is owned by WALMART) and asked for it. The bloke I asked just stood there in the asile trying to figure out what the hell I was going on about.

"Moricle Whop?"
"No mate, Miracle Whip."
"Moricle Whop?"

And so on.

[edit on 20/1/2006 by FactoryLad]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's gross. I can't stand the stuff. Give me good old heart-clogging mayo anyday. Miracle Whip is like a flavored sandwich spread. Some people like it but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Ingredients: WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, SUGAR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, EGG YOLKS, SALT, MUSTARD FLOUR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE AS A PRESERVATIVE, SPICE, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR, DRIED GARLIC.
Kraft

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Miracle Whip is kind of like mayonnaise. If you can't get it, I'm sure you can substitute mayonnaise for it in virtually any recipe.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No wonder we revolted from that damn country. You people manage to keep "vegemite", but have no Miracle Whip? Miracle Whip is the black mans mayonaise. Not being racist, but ask any. They'll tell ya. Its mayonaise with flavor.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe so...But then again, the US is the only country in the world to fool the world into believing Budweiser is a lager with alcholic content!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad
Maybe so...But then again, the US is the only country in the world to fool the world into believing Budweiser is a lager with alcholic content!!!

Heres a hint: Noone here drinks Bud either...cept them Earnhart NASCAR fans. Bud blows...

Miracle whip rocks.
One thing I did love about England...walking past the pubs at 7 in the morning and seeing people drinkin away. Gotta love that.

One thing I hated.... tea!! its true! noone has coffee in their house. Or if they do, its sanka or some crap like that.

You guys need to fix that miracle whip prob though. Your being denied a fine sandwich condiment...

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
How can you not love the tangy zip of miracle whip?

Mayo is probably my least favorite condiment I do have a jar of miracle whip in my fridge but I hardly use it compared to things like Ketchup or hot sauce

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Its funny how on the miracle whip jar it says it's salad dressing. Could you imagine putting that on salad? Gross!

I do like it better than mayonaise though.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nowt wrong with tea, lad

Well, I think I might buy a jar from one of those websites which do such things...

It better be good for £10!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why in God's name would you want to make Big Mac sauce recipes.

I almost puke just drivin by McD. I would rather eat an armadillo or a lizard than than a big Mac.

The only thing that Miracle whip does well is clog up your arteries at the same time you're eating it. It's good on Freedom fries, or chips as they are known in your neck of the woods.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This stuff is great. Its just a little heavier on the vinegar, thats all. To me, regular mayonaise tastes like lard.

Try it, you'll like it!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
£10!?!

That's like $20 American isn't it? Or for me, like $26 Canadian. I would never spend that kind of money on a jar of Miracle whip. Localy a big jar is like $4.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
FactoryLad, I don't know where in the UK you are but I was just reading on another forum (found via google) that one person found Miracle Whip at a Morrison’s supermarket for less than £2.00. The people on the forum said they found MW at Teesside, Edinburgh, and Birmingham.
I hope that will save you from paying £10

[edit on 20/1/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You can order it online at Canadian Favourites............
www.canadianfavourites.com...

The page it's on is at this link:
www.canadianfavourites.com...

The ad seems to have a mistake though, I'm sure it's not a 20 lbs bottle.
More like 20 oz.

I also checked The Canada Store, but they don't seem to carry it.

Miracle Whip does make a nice cole slaw because it's sweeter than mayo and has some spices in it.

[edit on 20/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you can't get Miracle Whip.
Use Mayo, and add some sugar, and vinegar...and a touch of mustard..
Technically MW is a Salad dressing..

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
FactoryLad, the Big Mac's special sauce is Thousand Island dressing. It's easy to make, just google it.

I'm not sure, but it's like....
Miracle Whip, ketchup, dill relish, worchestire sauce.... can't remember.:bnghd:

Good luck, and Good Eats!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The only thing that Miracle whip does well is clog up your arteries at the same time you're eating it. It's good on Freedom fries, or chips as they are known in your neck of the woods.

Miracle whip has a considerable amount less fat than regular mayo, and you can get it in light and fat free varieties.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks lads and ladetts,

Umbrax, ten quid...yeah that's round about $19-$18, thanks for the sightings of the mysterious moricle whop as it's known here in the UK by shop assistants everywhere. I actually live in Birmingham, so thats a bit of a bonus!

anxietydisorder, thanks for the link...Always good to have a continuity plan!

whaaa...How can you deny the beauty of what is known as BigMac (tm) sauce? Ever eaten a burger over here? Their crap. Therefore, it is our quest to create our own BigMac (tm) sauce to liven up the crud between the buns we usually get served.

Oh and the fact that it's really nice too

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Factory sounds like mission impossible to me. Hell the flavor of a bigmac varies even in the US. Different vendors of the condiments in the UK has to be a big problem and I know just making the buns the same has to be difficult simply because of the flour alone. Rots of ruck kid you are going to need it. When all fails get a Yank to freeze one and ship it to you fedex then nuke it upon arrival.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join