It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale in London Thames,

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Just to clarify that the whale DID NOT die naturally. It was given a lethal injection to end it's suffering.

Also, there have only ever been 3 autopsies carried out on this species of whale in the UK.

This makes me believe that the British took this rare opportunity to carry out another and that's why a lethal injection was given.

Have a link to this ? Asala was saying in chat from her live reports that it was going to be released, then 20 minutes later it had died. What was the reason that the whale was euthenised ? when only 20 minutes earlier they said they were going to release it.

Sydney Harbour ( Australia ) used to be pretty dirty but was cleaned up. Now we have the occasional whale and her calf come in and even swim under the Harbour Bridge.

MORE WHALE PICTURES FROM SYDNEY HARBOUR

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Way to go people.

Note to all whales: Steer clear of the UK.

Peace

You weak minded Ape, take your American anti world sentiments and get of this thread, your a disgrace to all of those good Americans
who get ridiculed becouse of tw@#s like you. i'm watching you

as this got anything to do with you? most probably same type of ppl.

Whale watchers angry at bogus auction

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Sorry Asala, I seem to have become a co-subject of your thread. I think some of your countrymen would like to euthanize me.

Y'all need to get a grip and a sense of humor.

Peace

p.s. Watching me is easy, just put me on your 'favorites' list. Hope you enjoy the show.

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No big deal Picklewalsh. I can understand that you wanted to snipe back at the US as a whole and not the individual who made the comment. It happens to the best of us. Sometimes anger makes us lash out as to get the point across.

I'm American and I feel it's very admirable how you all tried to save the whale. I also hope you don't judge us all based on what one individual says. I've seen Dr. Love post before and he's usually pretty funny and also contributes to many topics. I think it was just a shot at humor and not a direct attack on your country. I didn't take it as a serious blast at the United Kingdom.

Oh, and stumason. So you think you're so much better than Americans but you mention Katrina since some American ripped on your ability to handle a whale??? What a bad joke. If you're so much better you should keep your mouth shut and let the other person look the fool. It makes you look no better than what you are claiming to hate. You compare apples to oranges and take it one large step further than the Dr. Love comment.

P.S. I love the UK and have a great respect for her. I just can't stand the bickering back and forth over our many goofs. I think Dr. loves comment could only be taken as a joke and then others jumped on the chance to bash the US. Would anyone really rip on a nations ability to handle a sick whale???

[edit on 24-1-2006 by Mandalorianwarrior]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
not that I want to derail this thread any further, but.....

Oh, and stumason. So you think you're so much better than Americans but you mention Katrina since some American ripped on your ability to handle a whale???

Not at all. Where did I say that? I mentioned Katrina in response to your off the wall reply about the UN being tardy and slow... Thats apples and oranges my friend. You can;t go off on a tangent, then whinge like a girl when someone picks you up on it.

If you're so much better you should keep your mouth shut and let the other person look the fool.

You doing a particulary good job of that yourself, as you are the "fool" I was replying to.

You compare apples to oranges and take it one large step further than the Dr. Love comment.

Again, it was your comment about the UN in response to Picklewash's comment that provoked me to mention Katrina.... Apples and Oranges? what has the UN got to do with a Whale in the Thames?

I think Dr. loves comment could only be taken as a joke and then others jumped on the chance to bash the US. Would anyone really rip on a nations ability to handle a sick whale???

It wasn;t just Dr Love, in fact, I know what he is like and took his sniping as a joke. It was others that provoked my responses. And yes, as can been seen clearly in this thread, people have taken the chance to rip on the UK over this Whale fiasco.

In the end, the Whale would have died wherever it was, stupid nationalist claims from Aussies and yanks over their "superior" ability to handle whales are just that, stupid.

As I said in my very first post on this, the whale was buggered from the off.....

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dr love had no reason joking or otherwise to even go there, its childish crap, i watched that whale from day one (as many others did) right to the end, and i was devistated, so for some moron to take a jibe like that goes beyond comprehension, its just pathetic.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
*scratches "childish", "moron", and "pathetic" off his 'Dr Love is a :' list*

Thanks to those of you who understood my intentions. I feel bad that this thread is melting down. Let's just move on.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Its official

The whale got lost at Scotland

I dont believe what i'm hearing somebody pleeeeeese call the Mental Institute I'm going crazy.....

I have never heard anything so stupid in all my life,

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
stumason, you're the only whiny girl on here. Grow a set and learn to take a joke. I mentioned the UN because someone was dumb enough to say the US of A has traits that do not belong to our nation. They belong to the UN. That shouldn't be hard for you to figure out. Put one and two together. See, it's not comparing apples and oranges, like was done by you. It was showing a true example of something that fit the bill. The UN wastes time and gets nothing done on a global scale, not the US. We often do more than we should and get yelled at for it. It was no where near off the wall, for anyone with a sense of reason.

I guess you just don't expect an American to defend their country when foolish statements are made about it. I can understand why some people from the UK thought they needed to defend themselves, just not to the joke from Dr. Love. Some others went of on the tangent and later apologized because they understood this to be so.

You're weak and it's funny to see you try the rubber and glue method of defense. "No, you used apples and oranges...not me, blah blah balh." At least be original, not lame. Same goes for you calling me a fool. I think you played the role like no other. Give it up. You are proving to be anti American over nothing. It's repulsive to see this constantly popping up over nothing at all. Your attitude and hate reveals a true fool. Nice try but you lose.

I do agree on the fact that it's foolish to blame the UK, you guys did a great job and no one could have asked for anytihng more.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Mandalorianwarrior]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join