It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale in London Thames,

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what the?

Greenpeace have distrupted the Japanese 'reseach'...and saved numerous whales!

The whale is probably suffering post traumatic stress disorder from seeing a member of its pod being killed by the Japanese....

poor whale...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
oh my goodness :@(

The whale im sorry to announce has died,

Way to go people.

Note to all whales: Steer clear of the UK.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Way to go people.

Peace

The UK and International Marine societies tried to save the whale.

What did you do?

Note to Dr Love: Steer clear of forums. Your immaturity shows and can only embarrass you on them.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
oh my goodness :@(

The whale im sorry to announce has died,

Way to go people.

Peace

Well if it went to the US you would probably shoot it in a freindly fire incedents. Or invade it for the Oil.

Do you think America could have done a better job? No, didn't think so, you would sit around for days till its too late like always.

I realy hate, and i meen hate, stupid people who haven't got a clue about anything other then there own little picket fenced world.

I hope you steer clear also, we tend not to tolerate idiots like you much.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Way to go people.

Peace

Real funny. Not. I do hope you don't pop up again, you ahve had nothing productive to say, so don't say anything at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You guys are getting off topic. This thread's not about me.

When I said "way to go people" I really meant "thanks for trying your best".

You do believe me don't you?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's a shame their efforts weren't successful. However, it's nice to see that so many actually did contribute in an attempt to save the whale.

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Do you think America could have done a better job? No, didn't think so, you would sit around for days till its too late like always.

picklewalsh,

When I read this I couldn't help but remember the two seals that were found/rescued, and the thousands of dollars spent to nurse them back to health in the hopes of returning them to their native environment. On the day they were to be released back into the wild the seals swam back to shore where they had to be coaxed back out into the waters. The whole thing was filmed, and had attracted quite the crowd. A few minutes out to sea, and still being filmed, they were both eaten by Orcas. There was nothing funny about it at all, however, I found it to be quite ironic. The seals obviously knew they didn't want to go out into the waters, and for good reason. Those in attendance, unknowingly, and with the best of intentions, were actually sending them to their demise.

Long story short, I feel that sometimes we are better off letting nature take it's course.

Just my $.02

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You do believe me don't you?

Depends. No more harmful posts? No more nasty stereotypes? Because I am ready to forgive you. I hate grudges!

Anyway, back to topic.

Er, well, yeah, I hope that they find something interesting from the whale.

And what happened to the other one? The one further up or something?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Depends. No more harmful posts? No more nasty stereotypes? Because I am ready to forgive you. I hate grudges!

Sheesh! If that was nasty and harmful don't ever go over to BTS and read some of the cracks I've made to my British pals. They give as good as they get though.

No grudges here.

Back on topic indeed. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, why can't they just play whale songs from a boat and lead the thing out?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Fair enough. We do give as good as we get, I can admit that!

I was wondering why they didn't play whale songs or use some sonar something or other to 'deflect' the whale back down the Thames. Guess all the whale bands were on tour!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sheesh! If that was nasty and harmful don't ever go over to BTS and read some of the cracks I've made to my British pals. They give as good as they get though.

Yeah, I've seen your "anti-soccer" thread...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just to update.

The results of the tests taken ... To establish the cause of death of this amazing whale will be on Wednesday,

Also the bones will be given to the Natural history museum in order to give better incite in to these creatures,

money raised,

whales bones to be saved

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's a shame that it looks like the u.k just doesn't have the infrastructure to handle a whale swimming up the thames, and understandably so, it certainly doesn't happen every day. I'm sure if it occured around some parts of the u.s or even here in Australia, our local "Sea Worlds" and the like, would have the equipment to respond better to a situation like this...

....perhaps it's something that should be investigated.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh

Well if it went to the US you would probably shoot it in a freindly fire incedents. Or invade it for the Oil.

I realy hate, and i meen hate, stupid people who haven't got a clue about anything other then there own little picket fenced world.

I hope you steer clear also, we tend not to tolerate idiots like you much.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by picklewalsh]

I think picklewash proved himself to be the idiot with this post. I also think he meant the UN and not the USA when talking about waiting too long and/or doing nothing about something.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I think picklewash proved himself to be the idiot with this post. I also think he meant the UN and not the USA when talking about waiting too long and/or doing nothing about something.

Katrina, anyone? Sorry to jump on you, but Picklewash had a valid point against the blatant anti-UK statements made because a sick whale died in the Thames.... A whale that normally lives thousands of miles away in the North Atlantic...

It's a shame that it looks like the u.k just doesn't have the infrastructure to handle a whale swimming up the thames, and understandably so, it certainly doesn't happen every day. I'm sure if it occured around some parts of the u.s or even here in Australia, our local "Sea Worlds" and the like, would have the equipment to respond better to a situation like this...

So, only the US or Aus have Sea life centres? Get off.

We are perfectly equipped to deal with whale strandings, hundreds happen around our shore lines every year, except getting one out of the Thames is harder then getting it off the beach.

At least on a beach the whale is still. This whale was swimming round for the first 2 days before it beached itself, then the rescuers moved in.

What did you want the rescuers to do? Jump in the Thames and try and catch it? Bearing in mind it is several tonnes in weight and 20 feet long.

People would have been hurt or killed then and sorry to burst your bubble, but they are worth more than one whale that was stupid enough to swim into the river in the first place.

I dont know why certain people here feel the need to piss on the UK. It really is quite dissapointing that the death of a whale is the only excuse some people need to come out and slag us off.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In the U.S. we probably do have better resources such as those provided by Sea World and numerous aquaria that could have taken the whale into captivity and nursed it back to health. BUT that's no guarantee that the outcome in this particular situation would have been any different.

I find this cross-pond sniping between Americans and Britons nauseating, we are friends and none of us should be engaging in this

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I find this cross-pond sniping between Americans and Britons nauseating, we are friends and none of us should be engaging in this

Good point Dj, I appollagise if i have offended any one.

I just get a bit wond up with some prople who like nothing more then to pick at the UK, as i belive we are just as important to this world as the US or Russia or any other country on this rock we call home.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just to clarify that the whale DID NOT die naturally. It was given a lethal injection to end it's suffering.

Also, there have only ever been 3 autopsies carried out on this species of whale in the UK.

This makes me believe that the British took this rare opportunity to carry out another and that's why a lethal injection was given.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Just to clarify that the whale DID NOT die naturally. It was given a lethal injection to end it's suffering.

Also, there have only ever been 3 autopsies carried out on this species of whale in the UK.

This makes me believe that the British took this rare opportunity to carry out another and that's why a lethal injection was given.

So you think we killed this whale so we could cary out reserch?

I myself do not belive this to be true, with all the attention this was drawing i belive that they would not attempt such a thing. The backlash would be too much.

This whale had a fit/attack of some kind which resulted in it needing to be put down.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm sure if the whale was put down, it was put down for humanitarian reasons. Would it be nice to release a sick whale into the wild where it could be easy prey for sharks or just wash up on the beach to die a slow horrible death?

I'm sure the British did whatever was possible within their means to save this animal.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join