It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale in London Thames,

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
its back up the river - this is not good

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Are they at least throwing some food in there for it to eat?
Has been all over Foxnews..save it, we have a new aquarium in Atlanta it can come to.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

not that im aware off

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

not that im aware off

HORRID! Are they going to watch this rare creature starve???????????

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
that it finds its way back down river - to its habitat rather than feeding it and making it used to this habitat

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think its beyond that now silk, i think really this poor creature is going to be far to weak to head back up stream as this tide turns,

hopefully its resting,

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
they say its the first since 1930 - and might make 3 or 4 days if in good health - jeez i hope so

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There was an Earthquake in the Northern Atlantic this morning.
Could this be the reason the whale is there?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
We allready have birds migrating early, will there be more of this to come with whales in this river and other odd places?

Troy

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Lost whale swims further inland

A whale stranded in the River Thames has been found further inland, causing renewed concerns about its health.

Rescuers hoped it would reach the sea again believing it reached Greenwich, but the sighting was later doubted.

Mr Woodley said it was upstream of Vauxhall Bridge, close to Dolphin Square in Pimlico.

Poor Whale.

Its Disorientated, Confuzed, Scared, Sick, Hungry - and all those Boats and People around him are not helping him get back to the Ocean.

I really HOPE this has a Happy Ending.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Can't they somehow block it's progress upstream? Maybe with nets strung across the river - very fine weave, so the whale couldn't entangle itself.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
This in itself is a phenomenon, nobody knows why Dolphins and whales loose there way, but why do i get the feeling that we humans are the one's responsible

There have been documented whale beachings as far back as the 1800's, as far as I know. Hard to pin this one on us without more proof.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The data is being calculated, its a new theory, and a lot of research is being done to try and understand why this happens, everything works on vibrations your brain, the earth, the trees ect, so it seems to make sense that any earthly activity could couse sonar disturbances hense confusing these animals,

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Looks like they are trying to put a sling under it now. It appears to be lying on the river bed, the Thames is at low tide now.

I still reckon it's buggered though. You can see blood in the water near its tail.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Im so glad to see the whale now being at least looked at, now they can at least see if its well enough,

Im hoping that now this whale has a chance

whale rescue

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Im so glad to see the whale now being at least looked at, now they can at least see if its well enough,

Its the first time they have been able to get near it. Most of yesterday it had a fairly deep Thames to splosh about it. Now it is beached, they can get near it a drag it off to the nearest deep sea. Apaarently, there were a couple more whales sited near southend, out to sea, so they might be his family.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Looks like they are trying to put a sling under it now. It appears to be lying on the river bed, the Thames is at low tide now.

I still reckon it's buggered though. You can see blood in the water near its tail.

Yes they are putting a pontoon under it- so that when the tide comes back in they can float it up on the pontoon and take it down the river. The blood from its' tail fin is due to it cutting itself on some sharp rocks yesterday.

It's staying calm at the moment which is good.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is being shown on TV here in America.
Must be a slow news day. I guess the fact
that it's on world-wide news is a good thing.
It means nothing is getting bombed anywhere.

Last year we had a whale come up the Delaware
River. It came all the way past Philly ...
from what I remember, it eventually went back
to the ocean.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
great constant coverage live on sky news - no ad breaks!

They are now taking the whale upstream against the tide towards a salvage barge that could lift the whale out of the water.

The whale is an adolescent and not old.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join