It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elecrtomagnet help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i know this is probly not the best place to post this but i need help making some electromagnets and i need a good web page or book that isnt as simple as hell or overcomplicated , any help on the subject would be greatly appreiciated, thanks

J_3

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
googling works well for this subject.

USE DC POWER NOT AC

All you need in insulated wire, baterry, and metal rod (of some sort).

Attatch one wire to POSitive, one to NEgative.

Then simply start coiling the POS wire around one end of the metal rod, then the NEGative around the other end. The two wires should coil through each other, but no metal should touch another wire, or the metal directly. >>> That's it.

The pull of electrons between the two wires, POS and NEG induce the magnetism in the object which mediates the two wires, in this case the metal bar.

IF you use AC you can severly injur your self or get electricuted, so don't use something other than batteries for power/.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maybe if you explain a little about what you are using it for, it might help.

If you want to learn how to design them, or determine the size, power ect., here is a goole search on that.

Google "electromagnet design"

I'm sure you can find a site that will help.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
nah see ive done that been searchin through google with every search you can think of for days. i know the basic ways to make an electromagnet like you have said above but i need to learn the ins and outs of maximising the strength of it, eg what are the best materials appart from iron to use as a core , what power supply to use at the moment i have no idea as to a ballpart figure for how many amps, i need some help because at the minute i am doing it al off my own back and i havent the time for all this experimenting,

new topics

top topics

join